Votes: 34 48.6%
  • PS3

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 20 28.6%

• Total voters

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
so if I went out and bought one right now would that be a good thing?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Facilities? oh you mean the weather channel? OMFG i'll go out now and buy a new Wii.

Your knowledge is so awsome really it is.

Please do not buy one I have had enough of you whining.

At least my opinions are based on me having actually used the fucking thing. Instead of whining about how everything is so bad and a total waste of time.

Now in fairness to yourself, Nintendo should have made signs for the shops selling the Wii informing losers like you that it was best enjoyed in numbers. Although I guess once you seen the adverts on Tv you thought omfg if I get a Wii chicks will want to be my friend.

Calaen

so if I went out and bought one right now would that be a good thing?

It would not be bad :)

At the end of the day if you want to have a fun gaming experience go and buy one, if you want to spend a fortune for another list of titles with another number added at the end then go get a PS3.

00dave

It would not be bad :)

At the end of the day if you want to have a fun gaming experience go and buy one, if you want to spend a fortune for another list of titles with another number added at the end then go get a PS3.

You see if someone from the Nintendo marketing department had come up with that it would make things easier for people like me to decide.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
I dunno, the Wii is an enjoyable little box of fun. Play/Sports are the untilmate party games - having my 4 yr old playing his granny at bowling was a hoot, and having them both exhaustingly ask for one more game demonstrated to me how *anyone* can get into it.

As far as my gaming tastes - i'm dissapointed with FPS's (CoD3 & Farcry in particular) But have just got MOH:Vanguard - it seem different, but still yet another gimmicy FPS pointathon.

Trauma Center is good, had me in stitches most of the time. Original & fun.

Excite Truck is probably the best implimentation of the wiimote control mechanism to date. Does not fail in the game department either....

00dave

ANother thing I heard was that with some of the sports games people have been losing weight and getting fit, is that true? Not that I'm fat or anything being a fine figure of a man of military operational fitness and everything but it can't be a bad thing.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Please do not buy one I have had enough of you whining.

At least my opinions are based on me having actually used the fucking thing. Instead of whining about how everything is so bad and a total waste of time.

Now in fairness to yourself, Nintendo should have made signs for the shops selling the Wii informing losers like you that it was best enjoyed in numbers. Although I guess once you seen the adverts on Tv you thought omfg if I get a Wii chicks will want to be my friend.

I love how you left the rest of my post out the bottom sentence a valid point.

Any reason you have to keep making references to my life?

Because you have no valid points yourself so you have to result to childish internet 'omg you have no friends but i don't even know you'' talk.

Seems to me you are in denial about the points i raise each time and each time you ignore them and result to the above.

Again have fun with Mario Party 8 with all your friends.

Aada

Part of the furniture
ANother thing I heard was that with some of the sports games people have been losing weight and getting fit, is that true? Not that I'm fat or anything being a fine figure of a man of military operational fitness and everything but it can't be a bad thing.

Yes that is true, just make sure you have a big room to the play the Wii.

Calaen

I love how you left the rest of my post out the bottom sentence a valid point.

Any reason you have to keep making references to my life?

Because you have no valid points yourself so you have to result to childish internet 'omg you have no friends but i don't even know you'' talk.

Seems to me you are in denial about the points i raise each time and each time you ignore them and result to the above.

Again have fun with Mario Party 8 with all your friends.

one valid point in 25 or more posts regarding the Wii gfg.

Maybe if you had not started moaning about your Wii on the day you got it I would take notice of your posts with interest.

Aada

Part of the furniture
one valid point in 25 or more posts regarding the Wii gfg.

Maybe if you had not started moaning about your Wii on the day you got it I would take notice of your posts with interest.

But all my points are valid in most of my points.

1. EU gets shafted everytime with releases for the Wii as i have said a dozen times US/Japan get the big name releases 2-3 months before the EU. Some of the games that came out in the USA such as Trauma Centre are STILL NOT RELEASED YET. fucking retarded marketing imo.

2. You pay £40 for a PS2 graphical game we know the Wii isn't about graphics so why charge 360/PS3 prices.

3. You make a reference about a PS3 title and another number at the side of it. Mario Party 8 anyone? infact how many Mario games are coming out on the Wii that involve Mario? pretty much 50% of the titles involve the red hated plumber. Takes the piss how about something original from Nintendo for a change?

4. The Wii is about party games sure but alot of people expect online gaming and it doesn't deliver and making a football game again based on Mario isn't going to cut it.

All these points are big valid points about the Wii and it was the EXACT same with the GC i look forward to this time next year because the Wii is going to fail in Europe if they do not get their finger out of their arse and realise we are a big market for games.

I expect you to reply with insults though because lets face it that is the only thing you can reply with.

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
i've genuinely stopped reading this forum as much because of Aada and his whiny little bastard posts, can someone please ban him so the grown ups can talk?

dave, ive played on a wii quite a bit, and it is a lot of fun with mates, you cant beat a few bevvys and a round of bowling! but if you will be playing games on your own quite a bit, i'd recommend a 360 instead.

Aada

Part of the furniture
i've genuinely stopped reading this forum as much because of Aada and his whiny little bastard posts, can someone please ban him so the grown ups can talk?

dave, ive played on a wii quite a bit, and it is a lot of fun with mates, you cant beat a few bevvys and a round of bowling! but if you will be playing games on your own quite a bit, i'd recommend a 360 instead.

Not whiny they are facts about the Wii.

The mods could be ban me but just proves another one of my points about this forum. The problem with people such as yourself and Calaen is that they don't like people disagreeing with them and proving them wrong then like you they result to name calling.

My warning is on 70% but i am not resulting to name calling/threats etc i am just stating points about the Wii when people want to buy one Calaen stats his points about why you should buy a Wii and i'll state mine against buying one.

And just to prove my point about the shafting the EU gets with releases just been onto Gameplay Trauma Centre not being released in the UK until the 27th July 8 months after it released in the US says it all really.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Can this thread be renamed like the tom v clown one was?

Or you could rename it broken record.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*Original Post Hook*
Actually Aada you're just making broad brush points and flaming for the most part. In response to your numbered post earlier
  1. EU gets shafted for everything from DVD's, Movies, Music, etc. It's not just games so you've not got much of a point here.
  2. Because £40 is the price. Using your logic I paid £40 for SF2 on the MegaDrive & an original X-Box is like 100 times better graphically... so I should pay £4000.00 for Halo? I don't think so and thus again, you're not making much of a point here.
  3. Nintendo make Mario games, that's just a fact. Same as Sony make Gran Turismo games (leave it Bodhi). It's just part of console gaming. As for original, personally Wii Sports is amazingly original to me. Once more I struggle with your viewpoint.
  4. Frankly all current consoles on-line offerings could do with vast improvement. So I repeat that you're being far too general.
I'm fairly sure you won't take any of this under advisement though.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Actually Aada you're just making broad brush points and flaming for the most part. In response to your numbered post earlier
  1. EU gets shafted for everything from DVD's, Movies, Music, etc. It's not just games so you've not got much of a point here.
  2. Because £40 is the price. Using your logic I paid £40 for SF2 on the MegaDrive & an original X-Box is like 100 times better graphically... so I should pay £4000.00 for Halo? I don't think so and thus again, you're not making much of a point here.
  3. Nintendo make Mario games, that's just a fact. Same as Sony make Gran Turismo games (leave it Bodhi). It's just part of console gaming. As for original, personally Wii Sports is amazingly original to me. Once more I struggle with your viewpoint.
  4. Frankly all current consoles on-line offerings could do with vast improvement. So I repeat that you're being far too general.

I agree with every point, except the first and the fourth one. Nintendo are even worse than sony here. I've not got a wii, but I've imported 95% of my DS games because they simply aren't available in europe.

about the online play - they've never implemented it as it should be, on any ninty console. The DS have had Wi-fi for a loooong while now, however there's still only 1-2 games worth playing online. They really need to improve their online service. The japanese players don't seem to care much about it though, so I dunno if it will ever happen.

Every console has room for improvement though.

oh and aada, check your PMs :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
[*]Nintendo make Mario games, that's just a fact. Same as Sony make Gran Turismo games (leave it Bodhi). It's just part of console gaming. As for original, personally Wii Sports is amazingly original to me. Once more I struggle with your viewpoint.

Ummmmmmm.........

Wii games with Mario:
Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
SSBB
Mario party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
WarioWare which is from the Mario universe
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics

PS3 games with Gran Turismo:
Gran Turismo 5

k? And wii sports isn't original, the Wii control scheme is. That doesn't make every wii game original. Fuck all original about a fucking sports game, ask EA.

Aada

Part of the furniture

I do believe me but we are talking about the Wii here not DVDs.

All my points i made are major points that will fail the Wii if not improved upon who bought a GC when it launched? i did

Who kept their GC while watching it failing in bring games out? i did.

Who saw the day when eventually GAME/HMV made a little stand in the back of their stores for GC games? I did

The same is going to happen with Wii if they do not hurry up and sort their act out with game releases in Europe.

8 Months for Trauma Centre to be released in the EU is just disgusting frankly and it's a AWSOME way to get your customers who have a Wii not very confident about future releases.

I may come across as an ignorant pig sometimes but i am being honest and i am sure people look at what i have said and agreed.

And no offence G but please don't assume Sega/Sony are even in the same league as Nintendo for releasing the 8th game with the same characters in it :) and that is just Mario Party and somebody already pointed out what else is coming out.

The sad thing is they are the major titles the Wii has to look forward too.

Calaen

The thing is Aada you offer nothing good at all, it is all doom and gloom. There is room for improvement for everything out there. But the Wii does have positives as well, yes you might think the weather, news and internet on your console are a waste but my wife uses them all the time. It allows her to surf while I am dicking around on my PC.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
dave, try the AV forums for a non-teen angst discussion.

I have wii = for party games, 360 = online play and FPS action (oh and Guitar Hero as it is the win).

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
And no offence G but please don't assume Sega/Sony are even in the same league as Nintendo for releasing the 8th game with the same characters in it :) and that is just Mario Party and somebody already pointed out what else is coming out.
I'm not assuming anything, they all do it.

Oh and ST^ No, it is not "k?" because you're making a separate point entirely.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
dave, try the AV forums for a non-teen angst discussion.

I have wii = for party games, 360 = online play and FPS action (oh and Guitar Hero as it is the win).
omfg! wtf! ****!

NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME!

*slash wrists*

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Sequels sell, videogames is business, end of.

Look how many Sonic games sega have made, how many final fantasies square/square enix have made, how many piss-poor sports titles EA have churned out.

Anyone buying a console for entirely new IP is shit outta luck, ignore the shite and get the good stuff.

If you want US and Japanese games, buy an import Wii. With the 2:1 dollar/pound rate at the moment a Wii is great value, and you get to try the other region virtual consoles too.

As I see it, if you're clued up enough to care about other regions releases, PAL 50Hz VC titles etc., you should be looking at importing anyway. Joe Public doesn't care, and he makes up the vast majority of buyers. he doesn't even know Trauma Center exists, let alone that the US have had it for months and it's taken a long time being localised and passing certification.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Babs you make me moist when you act all sensible with rational arguments.

00dave

well my plan to go out and buy one was scuppered by the fact that there are none available whatsoever. None of the shops nowhere online (only ebay and the prices are ridiculous) A pat on the back for anyone who can explain what's going on with wii stocks?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Yup, you can't get a DS lite for love nor money in Japan now, and although it seems like the Wii has no stock and must be bombing now, during Easter week Nintendo shipped 25,000 to the Uk and sold out, whereas the stock-problem-free PS3 and 360 only sold 17,000 and 11,000 respectively.

A friend of mine managed to pick 2 up from 2 different argos stores today, argos is a good place to check actually because you check check stock levels online and reserve if you're lucky. The can also text you when stock comes back in.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Demand for the DS lite, is bigger than demand for the Wii or any of the other consoles. Thats from my in-store experience, it may not be true of everywhere,

Aada

Part of the furniture
Before the Wii came to the UK all the Nintendo factories here were then DS factories only.

After the Wii came here they started remaking these factories for the Wii hence why you can't get any of the 2 atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom