Votes: 34 48.6%
  • PS3

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 20 28.6%

• Total voters

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure why the DS is popular in the UK, as I looked at the releases and there is so much shitty shovelware.

Its a good job that the DS is region free.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Before the Wii came to the UK all the Nintendo factories here were then DS factories only.

After the Wii came here they started remaking these factories for the Wii hence why you can't get any of the 2 atm.

The Wii is made in Germany afaik.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Not sure why the DS is popular in the UK, as I looked at the releases and there is so much shitty shovelware.

Its a good job that the DS is region free.

It is popular because Nintendo have made gaming widely available, alot more females are purchasing them than there ever was before. They are catering for the majority rather than a group of hardcore sit in your room and play till you die gamers.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It is popular because Nintendo have made gaming widely available, alot more females are purchasing them than there ever was before. They are catering for the majority rather than a group of hardcore sit in your room and play till you die gamers.

I agree but the hardcore sit in your room an die gamers are having to import their games to make the most of their DS, these are the gamers that do not buy 70% of the current games in the UK atm because they are utter shite :)

Will

/bin/su
Or you can just walk into your local independant game store and pick them up off the shelf.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I agree but the hardcore sit in your room an die gamers are having to import their games to make the most of their DS, these are the gamers that do not buy 70% of the current games in the UK atm because they are utter shite :)

As will says :) I have a local store that has more shelves with import games on.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
These gamers who don't buy 70% of the titles make up a tiny %age of the the total number of people buying games.

It's also worth mentioning that that crap 70% is mostly made by the big boys of the software world, and it's the same shite you'd get on every console.

Hardcore gamesplayers, the ones really into it couldn't care less about the PAL list, import is always the way to go :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
These gamers who don't buy 70% of the titles make up a tiny %age of the the total number of people buying games.

It's also worth mentioning that that crap 70% is mostly made by the big boys of the software world, and it's the same shite you'd get on every console.

Hardcore gamesplayers, the ones really into it couldn't care less about the PAL list, import is always the way to go :)

The PAL list for the DS isn't too much worse than the JAP or US release list at the moment. With maybe the exception of Osu! (Which has been out for yonks). I'm quite dissapointed with the recent releases, here or abroad, for the DS.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Easter week Nintendo shipped 25,000 to the Uk and sold out, whereas the stock-problem-free PS3 and 360 only sold 17,000 and 11,000 respectively.

re: 360 sales - that's not bad for a year old console that costs what - twice as much ?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
The PAL list for the DS isn't too much worse than the JAP or US release list at the moment. With maybe the exception of Osu! (Which has been out for yonks). I'm quite dissapointed with the recent releases, here or abroad, for the DS.
Castlevania Portrait Of Ruin, Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Phoenix Wright 2), Hotel Dusk: Room 215 in the last few months, plenty to be going on with for now.

Oh and leggy, rejoice....

ouendan_2_boxart.jpg

May 17th ;)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
re: 360 sales - that's not bad for a year old console that costs what - twice as much ?
I believe somewhere you can get a 360 premium with 5 (pretty decent) games for a shade under £300 now, great value.

But still, if the Wii had stock to match demand, I don't think it's implausible to imagine double the sales figures.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Castlevania Portrait Of Ruin, Gyakuten Saiban 2 (Phoenix Wright 2), Hotel Dusk: Room 215 in the last few months, plenty to be going on with for now.

Oh and leggy, rejoice....

ouendan_2_boxart.jpg

May 17th ;)

Heh, good good. :)

Oh yes don't get me wrong those are all good games. It's just that they didn't take that long to reach our shores.

You can pick all but one up from any generic games store now.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Been seeing a few adverts for Hotel Dusk - looks very cool actually. Is it as good as I imagine it to be?

leggy

Probably Scottish
It's had mixed reviews but personally I think it looks pretty mint. I might be picking it up on payday.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
I believe somewhere you can get a 360 premium with 5 (pretty decent) games for a shade under £300 now, great value.

But still, if the Wii had stock to match demand, I don't think it's implausible to imagine double the sales figures.

I'll agree with you on that scenario. I've seen people play, and ENJOY a wii who would otherwise either not understand, or simply not be into a "regular" (traditional controller supplied) console.

Possibly it is the best option to own everything :) (apart from that stupidly huge blu-ray player you can install linux on - oh - some say it plays games also..... :))

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'll agree with you on that scenario. I've seen people play, and ENJOY a wii who would otherwise either not understand, or simply not be into a "regular" (traditional controller supplied) console.

Possibly it is the best option to own everything :) (apart from that stupidly huge blu-ray player you can install linux on - oh - some say it plays games also..... :))

Everyone i know so far who has a PS3 has installed Linux just because they can lol none of them use it either!

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I cant fucking wait for Ouendan 2. Has anyone else preordered it?

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I've got Pokemon Ruby on pre-order, I know its Pokemon, but I find the games are rather fun.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
spoke to several retailers now and they have no idea when the next shipment of Wiis is coming in. I'm guessing that we've been shafted again and all the consoles are going to the yanks and the japs to meet there demand.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Not at all, they're all in the same boat. As I posted above we had 25,000 a couple weeks ago.

A mate of mine got two from argos the other day, check the stock of your local places online, and sign up for the stock text alerts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom