Nice..

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I had a long chat with Cosmoque(sp?) the friar in your group when i was playing sorc a few weeks back, he was asking for pointers on group setup, playstyle, speccs etc for a good set albgroup and i helped him as much as i could and he even said you guys would pop up in agramon for a few runs that night which you did.
Even had the pleasure of facing your group in agramon when playing my bard and well, you've got alot to improve but if you would stick with it you have the realm ranks and would get the teamplay to be a well performing group.
From what you're saying it just sounds to me like you're a bunch of sore losers that has to win no matter what even if it means outnumbering the enemy 10:1, just taking the easy way out, outnumbering everything to avoid the whine that might be generated? :O

Correct me if i'm wrong but thats the impression i got from this statement.

Nice one for helping them out, but weve got to see it as progress that Muy has tried running in a fg in agramon - I mean who would of thought that was ever likely to happen 6 months ago? I cal that real progress, and shows how there is more mutual understanding between players.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Nice one for helping them out, but weve got to see it as progress that Muy has tried running in a fg in agramon - I mean who would of thought that was ever likely to happen 6 months ago? I cal that real progress, and shows how there is more mutual understanding between players.

Of course, i will be the first one to welcome them with open arms to agramon and the fg scene if they decide to participate in that.
Just his post made it feel like they've given up totally and wont even bother anymore. :(

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Well thats the thing that gets me, wtf would they bother to play a mmorpg game? I try play the fg game to try out-smart, out-think, out-play the opposition and get fun doing that. Yeah majority of the time i/we loose but when i/we win its great. Why would i bother getting 16+ people together to do this? I wouldnt be testing myself or the enemy and just going through the motions moc pbaoe,pbaoe........ boring. I'd be better off buying a fps getting the cheat codes somewhere and hey presto bob's yer uncle "BFG9000 ohhh yes eat this muther"

and i thought that mmorpgs were about playing with more people than fit in a group. i play a mass REALM vs REALM game, not a glorified quake in a fantasy setting.

this game has different levels, individual (solo), small tactical (group) and strategic (RVR).

i happen to enjoy the strategic side more than the other things.

i get more enjoyment out of leading a bg than winning an artificial `competition` to be the best in a certain area (solo, fg).

I see the likes of good gg's and i want to fight em fair and square and give em my best shot, anything else is as above

what turns you on, turns me of, accept that.

Septina

Part of the furniture
and i thought that mmorpgs were about playing with more people than fit in a group. i play a mass REALM vs REALM game, not a glorified quake in a fantasy setting.

this game has different levels, individual (solo), small tactical (group) and strategic (RVR).

i get more enjoyment out of leading a bg than winning an artificial `competition` to be the best in a certain area (solo, fg).

what turns you on, turns me of, accept that.

I must ask, exactly where is the strategic bit in always outnumbering your enemy 10:1? :O
Strength in numbers, doesnt require any strategy except nuke whatever is closest and cash in the rps in an effortless way. :p

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
But as you say, it was something to strive for, something to achieve. What took quite a bit of effort was holding the group together (not always successfully) through the bad sessions,

just like i enjoy keeping a BG togheter striving towards a set target (taking a keep, kicking mids and hibs out of our fronteer, preventing relics from getting lost,...), even if setbacks occur.

and still being able to have a laugh together even after tensions ran high after those sessions or individual bad runs. But NFD GG1 a pretty mature in years bunch so made it easier I reckon.

when tensions run high, i want to log.

Also Muy, think the agra runs that you had were probably not the best example of fg stuff because of the domination of a couple of hardcore Mid groups. Makes it dispiriting if you are continually bumping head with those sort of groups as you never get the opportunity to actually have the time to analyse your play and determine how to improve. I speak from direct experience over many years of fighting the likes of Maelstrom.

i (only speaking for myself, not the rest of the guild here) didn`t go to agramon expecting to win a single fight. you still don`t understand the slightest of how i think, i think.

i did agramon as an experiment for myself and i dint like it, not because we lost, lol, but becasue it makes people act differently !!!

the atmoshpere in the `group` is for me very important, if not the most important thing. when people get grumpy (to put it mildly) i want to log.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie

and exactly what awe inspiring strategy is involved in doing what u do? By implying u use a strategy u imply that u use deductive reasoning in what u do, but what u do is actually brainless and therefore a mindless zerg whose outcome is zero opposition....... or maybe u are being secretly employed by GOA to destroy whats left

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Of course, i will be the first one to welcome them with open arms to agramon and the fg scene if they decide to participate in that.
Just his post made it feel like they've given up totally and wont even bother anymore. :(

speaking for myself, not the guild. there are plenty of people in the guild who want to continue the agramon thing.

i don`t.

roaming for me is just too artifical, running around like headless chickens looking for a `fair` fight. i just don`t get it.

if i move at all, it is because there is a reason to relocate. a new thread that appeared on te map,... whatever. i need a reason.

no thank you, that`s not what i seek in this game. about every other game on the market allows for better solo or fg vs fg options.

i like the MASS -morpg aspect.

Septina

Part of the furniture
speaking for myself, not the guild. there are plenty of people in the guild who want to continue the agramon thing.

i don`t.

roaming for me is just too artifical, running around like headless chickens looking for a `fair` fight. i just don`t get it.

if i move at all, it is because there is a reason to relocate. a new thread that appeared on te map,... whatever. i need a reason.

no thank you, that`s not what i seek in this game. about every other game on the market allows for better solo or fg vs fg options.

i like the MASS -morpg aspect.

I cant say i've ever been an active participant in the zerg warfare of this game and i'm sure it can be fun to have massive sieges fighting other realm zergs with your zerg, however, outnumbering anything 10:1 or just mindlessly adding to get the rps.... wheres the charm in that? Theres fuckall opposition, fuckall strategics required just take whatever is closest and nuke it down.

A mass battle would, atleast according to me, require all three realms or atleast 2 sides to bring a massive army for others to fight, just zerging down soloers or lesser groups with your massive battlegroup is not my idea of a massive battle, but hey, that might just be me. :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I must ask, exactly where is the strategic bit in always outnumbering your enemy 10:1? :O
Strength in numbers, doesnt require any strategy except nuke whatever is closest and cash in the rps in an effortless way. :p

try running an rvr bg in albion... even herding cats is easier.

you try to keep 50 or whatever players under control and togheter and working towards a commn goal.

i can`t make you see the beauty of running a BG and you won`t be able to convince me that fg vs fg is the thing to do i guess :/

you try keeping a BG togheter when you log in and see half of you fronteer collored in a diff collor than usual with relics who can be taken in under 15 mins ...

you try to convince a realm that`s completely demoralised after numerous consecutive wipes to listen to you in order to prevent totall colaps..

that`s what appeals to me.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie

you try to keep 50 or whatever players under control and togheter and working towards a commn goal.

i can`t make you see the beauty of running a BG and you won`t be able to convince me that fg vs fg is the thing to do i guess :/

you try keeping a BG togheter when you log in and see half of you fronteer collored in a diff collor than usual with relics who can be taken in under 15 mins ...

you try to convince a realm that`s completely demoralised after numerous consecutive wipes to listen to you in order to prevent totall colaps..

ahh so u are JOHN THE BAPTIST, MOSES, JESUS H CHRIST HIMSELF I SEE THE LIGHT MUYLACABBGE IS THE CHOOSEN ONE.... REPENT, REPENT

Septina

Part of the furniture

Fair enough, it's not my job or anyone elses to tell you guys how to play and as i said, i cant really comment about the bg leading or whatever since it's not my way of playing this game, in the end its each to their own i guess. :p
And to make it clear, i dont whine on your guild ways of playing, i dont agree with it but you guys are honest in the way you're playing and more power to you for that. :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I cant say i've ever been an active participant in the zerg warfare of this game and i'm sure it can be fun to have massive sieges fighting other realm zergs with your zerg, however, outnumbering anything 10:1 or just mindlessly adding to get the rps.... wheres the charm in that? Theres fuckall opposition, fuckall strategics required just take whatever is closest and nuke it down.

A mass battle would, atleast according to me, require all three realms or atleast 2 sides to bring a massive army for others to fight, just zerging down soloers or lesser groups with your massive battlegroup is not my idea of a massive battle, but hey, that might just be me. :)

am i to blame that midgard an hibernia apparantly don`t any longer have anyone who can lead more than a fg or are no longer intrested in doing something with their realm that needs more than 8 people ?

for me the game is realm vs realm, not fg vs fg deathmatch.

and in the last 6 months i only made bg`s to archieve specific goals and left the BG as soon as that goal was achieved.

i no longer want to run the `retaliation` bg`s of a year ago and longer but i will happely start a BG IF THE SITUATION WARANTS IT.

Septina

Part of the furniture
am i to blame that midgard an hibernia apparantly don`t any longer have anyone who can lead more than a fg or are no longer intrested in doing something with their realm that needs more than 8 people ?

for me the game is realm vs realm, not fg vs fg deathmatch.

and in the last 6 months i only made bg`s to archieve specific goals and left the BG as soon as that goal was achieved.

i no longer want to run the `retaliation` bg`s of a year ago and longer but i will happely start a BG IF THE SITUATION WARANTS IT.

Dont think it has to do with that people CANT lead a bg in mid and hib rather that there simply isnt enough people active and online in rvr for those realms to have a bg up and running. :p
Atleast not enough active people that wants to play the game that way. :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Dont think it has to do with that people CANT lead a bg in mid and hib rather that there simply isnt enough people active and online in rvr for those realms to have a bg up and running. :p
Atleast not enough active people that wants to play the game that way. :)

it seems (to me) like a majoriy of alb players enjoys the large scale warfare, while the average mid or hib enjoys the fg vs fg scene more..

so i guess i agree with you there.

the average alb group is just cannon fother for the average mid or hib group tbh, ofc they want to use the only thing they have going for them (numbers).

ofc the average hib and mid group only want to fight equal numbers (and win 8 out of 10 fights).

don`t expect (you can always get lucky ofc ) `fair` fights in irvr.

there are just too many albs in irvr that have been killed 50 times and earned 5k and are willing to attack anything that gives 20 rp to expect fair fights.

Septina

Part of the furniture
it seems (to me) like a majoriy of alb players enjoys the large scale warfare, while the average mid or hib enjoys the fg vs fg scene more..

so i guess i agree with you there.

the average alb group is just cannon fother for the average mid or hib group tbh, ofc they want to use the only thing they have going for them (numbers).

ofc the average hib and mid group only want to fight equal numbers (and win 8 out of 10 fights).

don`t expect (you can always get lucky ofc ) `fair` fights in irvr.

there are just too many albs in irvr that have been killed 50 times and earned 5k and are willing to attack anything that gives 20 rp to expect fair fights.

Alb has had many good rvr groups over the years. I've been a part of atleast 3 of them and it has nothing to do with realm balance, all 3 realms can get good and competitive groups running, it does take time tho, to get realm ranks for the needed abilities and to get good teamplay.
Given the servers population and the status it's in i dont see much hope for many new guildgroups popping up on any of the three realms. :(
Everyone has the choice to make a group for rvr but most people dont have the time or the patience to make it happen because it does take time and effort to get a working set group together, it does not just happen over night.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
assumptions from you on my behalf at best.

Again I think you've failed to actually read my post. :(

You've tried FG RvR for a night or 2 at most and decided you didn't like it.
I have no problem with that at all..

Have you tried running as a FG looking for FG v FG fights in irvr mid. If you haven't what makes you think you can claim that people are only making excuses when they say mid is worse for IRVR from a FG standpoint.
I've no issue with you running with 10 fg's if you enjoy that. But like you don't want people preaching how you should play. Don't preach to the people who enjoy a different game to you about what's best for them either.

One thing i've never got is why Albs are so convinced that taking enemy keeps while they don't have all their own is some kind of sin. I've heard lots of BG's bitching about albs attacking stuff in Hib while we don't own all our own keeps over the years. I'm fairly sure those who enjoy IRVR would have no issue with you shutting down ports of IRVR keeps if you opened up a few more before doing so. Everytime moving IRVR happens tho, it's always take alb keeps back then go get hib keeps. Doing it the other way round would seem to be a good way of keeping everyone happy.. Your reducing the threat of a serious relic raid on Alb just as much by taking hib keeps as you are by taking the Alb ones back..

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
You've tried FG RvR for a night or 2 at most and decided you didn't like it. I have no problem with that at all..

i said i don`t like running with a set fg due to the stress levels. running agramon just made that clear AGAIN to me. if the group starts to be unfriendly to it`s members, i`ve had it. fg vs fg creates such an athmosphere more than any other style of play imho.

Have you tried running as a FG looking for FG v FG fights in irvr mid.

fg vs fg in irvr seems like a contradiction to me. i don`t go look for fair fights in irvr. and on the topic of snow, the white background never bothered me, i fail to see what difference a white background has whether you are solo, duo, fg or zerg...

If you haven't what makes you think you can claim that people are only making excuses when they say mid is worse for IRVR from a FG standpoint.

like i said, fg and irvr don`t mix well togheter, if you seek fg vs fg fights in irvr, don`t complain about adds. if you get adds in agramon, all your complaints are valid, not in irvr.

I've no issue with you running with 10 fg's if you enjoy that. But like you don't want people preaching how you should play. Don't preach to the people who enjoy a different game to you about what's best for them either.

i don`t preach how people should play, i do point out the problems in trying to play in a certain way in certain conditions.

i do not tell people they shouldn`t solo or run as a fg, hell, i even soloed (as in solo, without DI bot, that`s duoing) some time on my wiz this afternoon

i DO say that people shouldn`t whine and complain if they try to run as fg or solo in conditions unsuited for such a play style and get adds.

although i think a lot of people misinterpred what i am trying to say (i am used to it, my english must be very bad)

lol, i rember myself saying ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS tonight to leave a solo hib allone in hadrians as he has to ship back and loose loads of time while also saying to show absolutely no remorse for solo mids in hadrians who can port back.

i am strange, no ?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
stuffs....

Why does FG vs FG generate more whine than when you're running around zerging mindlessly? Because people cant stand losing in fair fights or losing fullstop? :eek:
I've had nights where people (myself included) have whined their asses off for playing like gimps, dying cause people fuck up etc etc etc, but, you learn from your misstakes and improve from them.
Just sounds to me that you're too used to 'winning' that you guys cant stand losing in fair fights, atleast thats the impression i get from your statements. :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy

i said i don`t like running with a set fg due to the stress levels. running agramon just made that clear AGAIN to me. if the group starts to be unfriendly to it`s members, i`ve had it. fg vs fg creates such an athmosphere more than any other style of play imho.

ahah, strategic @ zerg - not on this server

well, to the 2nd part: its due to the stress level that people act like that. In a set group and pickup, people are much more dependant at a specific players skill on his class if he fails the group fails. people get excited and start yelling (abusive sometimes). in set groups this happens rarely because people know eachother and rely on their skill, if people fail they will get angry but explain the errors (example, everytime we lose a fight we would talk about what we did and find the errors and try to improve). zergs dont have this option which makes it boring and ALOT less skillrequiring.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I can see my post with images etc. didn't change any of the zergers' minds! What a shame tbh! All that work totally wasted

Give back my 20minutes :(

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Primus inter pares (Latin) or First among equals is a phrase which indicates that a person is the most senior of a group of people sharing the same rank or office.[1]

When not used in reference to a specific title, it may indicate that the person so described is technically equal, but looked upon as an authority of special importance by his peers. In some cases it may also be used to indicate that while the person described appears to be an equal, he actually is the group's unofficial or hidden leader.

Wow, how many of them gimps in that group are rr11 now? 3 or 4 bloody amazing, omnipotence is r0x0r

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
just like i enjoy keeping a BG togheter striving towards a set target (taking a keep, kicking mids and hibs out of our fronteer, preventing relics from getting lost,...), even if setbacks occur.

when tensions run high, i want to log.

i (only speaking for myself, not the rest of the guild here) didn`t go to agramon expecting to win a single fight. you still don`t understand the slightest of how i think, i think.

i did agramon as an experiment for myself and i dint like it, not because we lost, lol, but becasue it makes people act differently !!!

the atmoshpere in the `group` is for me very important, if not the most important thing. when people get grumpy (to put it mildly) i want to log.

Cant be bothered with this 'nobody understands me' routine you keep pulling.

But anyhow, yea, it takes some effort to keep a group going through the bad phases. Not everyone has the patience for that. A group needs a couple of people there to glue it together, without that its always bound to fracture. And if you cant have a laugh no matter where you are running, then you are in the wrong group.

Good on you for giving it a go anyhow. The rewards are really worth it, but it takes a lot of work to reap those rewards and mayhaps you aint cut out for it - thas ok.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

While ive sympathy with your posts in this thread, and I commend you for your honesty - and this is actually a very good discussion thread on the subject - on the above post - I think you are talking the talk but not walking the walk. Ive seen no meaningfully organised action from albion for ages and ages. Might be worth you organising some RR's in the alb section and getting people from all realms out if you want to be measured. Make it mid though ;)

I mean look at this thread, me, Muy, Jupiter, Sept all having an reasonably well mannered discussion in one thread - who would of thought it!

C

Carss

I can see my post with images etc. didn't change any of the zergers' minds! What a shame tbh! All that work totally wasted

Give back my 20minutes :(

When i saw your post i thought, oh saviour surely even the numptys will be able to understand this, but alas not, is a shame but good effort and good post none the less.

Basically muy, your play style affects FG v FG and solo players and frustraits the players that want to do that type of RvR. All FG / solo players are asking for is to have iRvR in hadrians so that WE can have our own RvR on the side away from you. Your reply to us is that you can only have FG action in agramon and the rest of the frontier should be used for your type of RvR because you say so. Also you dont give iRvR a chance in Hadrians simply because you dont like it that way, personally i think it is to spite the FG and solo players because you are bitter that you cannot compete with them.

It is not possible to run agramon everynight due to limited groups, so we have to have fights on the edge of iRvR or nothing, which will encourage other groups to roam and maybe get some better action on this server and not the usual boreing albion zergs everything at prime time and we all know what happens during the middle of the night aswell.

Bottom line is everyone wants iRvR so that they can have some decent action and thus have fun. The FGs and soloers especially want action in Hadrians so that they can have the type of RvR they want. You go out of your way to make sure FG v FG and solo players DONT get the action they want BUT YOU get the action that YOU want......... and then you wonder why i give you abuse and curse at you?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
When i saw your post i thought, oh saviour surely even the numptys will be able to understand this, but alas not, is a shame but good effort and good post none the less.

Basically muy, your play style affects FG v FG and solo players and frustraits the players that want to do that type of RvR. All FG / solo players are asking for is to have iRvR in hadrians so that WE can have our own RvR on the side away from you. Your reply to us is that you can only have FG action in agramon and the rest of the frontier should be used for your type of RvR because you say so. Also you dont give iRvR a chance in Hadrians simply because you dont like it that way, personally i think it is to spite the FG and solo players because you are bitter that you cannot compete with them.

It is not possible to run agramon everynight due to limited groups, so we have to have fights on the edge of iRvR or nothing, which will encourage other groups to roam and maybe get some better action on this server and not the usual boreing albion zergs everything at prime time and we all know what happens during the middle of the night aswell.

Bottom line is everyone wants iRvR so that they can have some decent action and thus have fun. The FGs and soloers especially want action in Hadrians so that they can have the type of RvR they want. You go out of your way to make sure FG v FG and solo players DONT get the action they want BUT YOU get the action that YOU want......... and then you wonder why i give you abuse and curse at you?

/nods. Nice post.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Why does FG vs FG generate more whine than when you're running around zerging mindlessly? Because people cant stand losing in fair fights or losing fullstop? :eek:

expectations i guess. i find it more enjoyable to run with people who have no expectations and who are genuinly amazed about winning fights than with people who expect to win fights and who get disturbed about loosing.

I've had nights where people (myself included) have whined their asses off for playing like gimps, dying cause people fuck up etc etc etc, but, you learn from your misstakes and improve from them.

ask the groups i run with just how much i whine. i`ve never NEVER raised my voice for dieing, not getting healed, having group members fuck up, whatever. that is just not me.

Just sounds to me that you're too used to 'winning' that you guys cant stand losing in fair fights, atleast thats the impression i get from your statements. :)

i guess you should group with me for a few nights to learn about me. winning or loosing means very little to me. i KNOW we will loose from maelstrom, llaw arian, and the likes, and i enjoy the challenge, really. i just cant cope with the people who do mind loosing. i enjoy running with people who have NO expectations much more than running with people who want to win.

i am not a competition animal. i constantly ask myself (and can`t stop laughing about it really) how i came to be the highest RR wiz on the cluster and often find myself to be on the number one spot on /stats deathblows

i do not expect to win `fair fights` really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom