Nice..

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
When you pretty much always have 4 fg of albs backing you up or are constantly adding on ongoing fights the landscape makes fuckall difference. Try for once running fg vs fg one evening in midland and you'll see what people are talking about. :)

if i wanted to play an 8 vs 8 game, i wouldn`t play daoc.

i like rvr. REALM VS REALM.

tell me, why should i limit myself to running with 7 other people ?

after nearly 6 years i still wonder what this obsession is that people have about 8 vs 8. ok there is a limit of 8 spots in a group. a group is a tactical unit. a group means NOTHING to me. i certainly have more than 7 people i call friends. running a `group` never appealed to me. far more fun for me to run a BG.

i still don`t understand what the whole concept of adding is in the light of a realm vs realm game.

noone ever `added` on a fight of me (how can a fight be of me in the first place, lol) imho. i do not understand adding. why would it bother me if someone attacks my target ?

noone ever leached of me. i don`t mind if someone `helps` me and gets his share of the spoils of war.

this game would have been so much easier for me if i never had read FH.

some people see this game as a teamsport like football, 11 vs 11 or an indiviual sport like tennis. prety much unimaginable to have 12 vs 11 on the football field or have a second tennis player get on the court and join in make it a 2 vs 1. but that`s not how daoc works. maybe that`s what you would like it to be.

i don`t see daoc as a teamsport. i see it more like a war. we vs them. they lose.

if there is a team (as far as i am concerned) in daoc, it`s not a fg or guild, it`s a realm imho.

why SHOULD i run with (only) a fg ?

the fg vs fg aspect of this game never really appealed to me. i do not WANT to limit myself to such a narrow vision.

expectations.

yeah, yeah, flame away.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well you have this virtual world with 3 realms at war in it. That's the only given. After that you make of it what you want. This could go a whole number of ways...

Sorin

Banned
Yeah go ahead, someone flame me!!

Its been a while since i had a good 1 on 1 here on fh :p

Nice post btw muylaetrix.. not that we share the same point of view tho.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie

after nearly 6 years i still wonder what this obsession is that people have about 8 vs 8. ok there is a limit of 8 spots in a group. a group is a tactical unit. a group means NOTHING to me. i certainly have more than 7 people i call friends. running a `group` never appealed to me. far more fun for me to run a BG.

i still don`t understand what the whole concept of adding is in the light of a realm vs realm game.

noone ever `added` on a fight of me (how can a fight be of me in the first place, lol) imho. i do not understand adding. why would it bother me if someone attacks my target ?

noone ever leached of me. i don`t mind if someone `helps` me and gets his share of the spoils of war.

some people see this game as a teamsport like football, 11 vs 11 or an indiviual sport like tennis. prety much unimaginable to have 12 vs 11 on the football field or have a second tennis player get on the court and join in make it a 2 vs 1. but that`s not how daoc works. maybe that`s what you would like it to be.

i don`t see daoc as a teamsport. i see it more like a war. we vs them. they lose.

if there is a team (as far as i am concerned) in daoc, it`s not a fg or guild, it`s a realm imho.

why SHOULD i run with (only) a fg ?

the fg vs fg aspect of this game never really appealed to me. i do not WANT to limit myself to such a narrow vision.

expectations.

yeah, yeah, flame away.

Well thats it in a nut shell aint it. You dont care what other people want outta the game so long as you are ur zerg get ur 10rps per kill. Just what do u prove? You force people who solo or run mini groups to log and u mess up the rvr scene, you wont run 8v8 because its quiet clear u havent got the skills. But what strikes me is there is a bigger population on Avalon and a healthy zerg goin on there why dont ya go over and join it? If its a matter of, like the "king of thid" thread, ur reputation big fish small pond syndrome......

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
/Clap
Did you ask ya Mom for help or did you go to the dictionary?

Now that you wasted another 5 mins to write useless crap, i suggest you go to a University and educate yourself fool

wow thats ur best, wow what a waste of oxygen u are... The Darwin Award was made for people just like you

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Well thats it in a nut shell aint it. You dont care what other people want outta the game so long as you are ur zerg get ur 10rps per kill. Just what do u prove? You force people who solo or run mini groups to log and u mess up the rvr scene, you wont run 8v8 because its quiet clear u havent got the skills. But what strikes me is there is a bigger population on Avalon and a healthy zerg goin on there why dont ya go over and join it? If its a matter of, like the "king of thid" thread, ur reputation big fish small pond syndrome......

Ahahah ignorance at its best :touch: . Muy is fine were he is, but you can go play Counter Strike or Guild Wars if you want, If you cant cope with others playstyle i suggest you play a singleplayer game....like tetris

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
loz YES MAT HEE PAYZ HIS OWN SUBS! Hehhehe

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
That is the most interesting part of your post in my opinion, the rest is pretty good too, so no flames from me.

It would be great to have our server life isolated from the outside, then we could all do whatever we want within the confines of the game, and I suspect this is still possible on other servers.

The problem is that because you read FH and because you know about the state of the server then it may be apparent that running as a zerg may well be counter productive to the rest of the population. You are quite right though - you should be able to play the game the way you want to, but because of everything you know - it may not be the best way to keep Dyvet alive.

Fen

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
That is the most interesting part of your post in my opinion, the rest is pretty good too, so no flames from me.

It would be great to have our server life isolated from the outside, then we could all do whatever we want within the confines of the game, and I suspect this is still possible on other servers.

The problem is that because you read FH and because you know about the state of the server then it may be apparent that running as a zerg may well be counter productive to the rest of the population. You are quite right though - you should be able to play the game the way you want to, but because of everything you know - it may not be the best way to keep Dyvet alive.

Fen

Have to agree on that :)

kivik

Part of the furniture
Have to agree on that :)

Eh? So you agree that zerging the fuck out of the other realms is damaging the server yet all you do online is just zerging the fuck out of the other realms?

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Eh? So you agree that zerging the fuck out of the other realms is damaging the server yet all you do online is just zerging the fuck out of the other realms?

lol let him be mate, hes a hypocritical tosser who trys and arselick anybody from alb especially if they have a char over rr5 >.<

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH

No...just this part...

"
"

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Best tool on FH :D

ignore.jpg

kivik

Part of the furniture
No...just this part...

"
"

Would be a bright idea to just quote that part then.

And sean and kine, just shut the fuck up both of you, will you? Take it PMs or something, you're both just as big twats.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

I think if you read, yes that's actualy READ the replies then you'd find people NOT telling you that you had to limit yourself to running with only 7 other people. In fact the maps have area's saying "here's where the zergers can go have their game with lots of other people also enjoying their playstyle." Not because anyone is forcing them to only go there, but because that's where that style of play has naturally gone.

What they pointed out that making broad statements like "It doesn't matter which realm irvr is in for FG fights" is something that is somewhat meaningless from someone who has never tried it.

This argument is very much like getting a bunch of mums and dads in a room and saying, does labour hurt?
All the women turn round and say yes it's bloody painful, and all the blokes go, didn't look that bad to me! If you haven't tried to experience FG fights, then you should be taking the words of the people that have, not simply blindly yelling, your making it up... I've got no proof because i've never tried it, but i'm right your wrong!!

The woman in labour isn't telling me to go have a kid, she's telling me to stop screaming... "It doesn't hurt you muppet".

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I think if you read, yes that's actualy READ the replies then you'd find people NOT telling you that you had to limit yourself to running with only 7 other people. In fact the maps have area's saying "here's where the zergers can go have their game with lots of other people also enjoying their playstyle." Not because anyone is forcing them to only go there, but because that's where that style of play has naturally gone.

What they pointed out that making broad statements like "It doesn't matter which realm irvr is in for FG fights" is something that is somewhat meaningless from someone who has never tried it.

assumptions from you on my behalf at best.

i like different terrain, i like varying situations. i do not mind the snow. i don`t see what difference it makes playin against a white / brown / green or grey backgroud (not true, i think i even like more than most to fight in the snow because the ice magic casting effects blend very nice in with teh background, unlike the collored pentagrams or fiery spell effects that just make you stand out even more on a white background).

i am a care bear first, achiever second. i am not a competitive peron by nature. (how did i ever end up rr11l5, lol ???)

my guild, friends, realm come before myself tbh. the group i am in is mostly just a collection of people i like (regardless of size), not the best oiled machine in the game.

If you haven't tried to experience FG fights, then you should be taking the words of the people that have, not simply blindly yelling, your making it up... I've got no proof because i've never tried it, but i'm right your wrong!!

i joined DA to get better grouping options. one of the things was that we were gone try make a set FG with DA and do the agramon thing. we did / do and after 2 agramon evenings i don`t even want to be part of the group anymore.

before i was in DA i had been in legion of darkness (mezzi / aadia / bracken) and there too we/they tried to run FG vs FG.

what gives you the idea I have never tried strickt fg vs fg ? i am sorry, i did, and EVERY time it turns me of like few other things in the game, due to the behaviour from the group I WAS IN.

let me tell you what turns me of. people yelling on ts, calling them shit, the need to justifie every loss (they had the drop, this or that ra were down, fucking lag casters`, `omg, we had adds`, `ffs heal me`, `goddamned, why did i get no heals`).

i like nice, polite and civilized people.

i don`t like it if it starts geting too serious and results come before fun.

when people are asked to leave the group or make place for a `better` player or a better `char`.

really...

people make to much assumptions about me.

in all the time i played daoc, i never complained about an INGAME action of anyone, friend or foe. i only get upset by what people `SAY`.

you can chain rape me 50 times in a row on the field, i don`t mind, it doesn`t upset me.

i get upset by people yelling at me.

i am a team player, my team is albion.

i am much more comfortable with leading a BG after some people ASK me to start one with the purpose of cleansing the fronteer than with the what seems to me like very artificial fg vs fg fights based upon a warped honour code that seems to be fine with insulting and throwing profanity at everyone who doesn`t live up to the same honour code.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
assumptions from you on my behalf at best.

i like different terrain, i like varying situations. i do not mind the snow. i don`t see what difference it makes playin against a white / brown / green or grey backgroud (not true, i think i even like more than most to fight in the snow because the ice magic casting effects blend very nice in with teh background, unlike the collored pentagrams or fiery spell effects that just make you stand out even more on a white background).

i am a care bear first, achiever second. i am not a competitive peron by nature. (how did i ever end up rr11l5, lol ???)

my guild, friends, realm come before myself tbh. the group i am in is mostly just a collection of people i like (regardless of size), not the best oiled machine in the game.

i joined DA to get better grouping options. one of the things was that we were gone try make a set FG with DA and do the agramon thing. we did / do and after 2 agramon evenings i don`t even want to be part of the group anymore.

before i was in DA i had been in legion of darkness (mezzi / aadia / bracken) and there too we/they tried to run FG vs FG.

what gives you the idea I have never tried strickt fg vs fg ? i am sorry, i did, and EVERY time it turns me of like few other things in the game, due to the behaviour from the group I WAS IN.

let me tell you what turns me of. people yelling on ts, calling them shit, the need to justifie every loss (they had the drop, this or that ra were down, fucking lag casters`, `omg, we had adds`, `ffs heal me`, `goddamned, why did i get no heals`).

i like nice, polite and civilized people.

i don`t like it if it starts geting too serious and results come before fun.

when people are asked to leave the group or make place for a `better` player or a better `char`.

really...

people make to much assumptions about me.

in all the time i played daoc, i never complained about an INGAME action of anyone, friend or foe. i only get upset by what people `SAY`.

you can chain rape me 50 times in a row on the field, i don`t mind, it doesn`t upset me.

i get upset by people yelling at me.

i am a team player, my team is albion.

i am much more comfortable with leading a BG after some people ASK me to start one with the purpose of cleansing the fronteer than with the what seems to me like very artificial fg vs fg fights based upon a warped honour code that seems to be fine with insulting and throwing profanity at everyone who doesn`t live up to the same honour code.

Nice post muy. Though I still wish people would stop using that 'rape' slang.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Is that so?

ok, you are right.

you (TT) are the only person who ever made me whine about an ingama action.

and even then, it was the `verbal` reactions of guild members of yours that made scream bloody outrage.

Septina

Part of the furniture

I had a long chat with Cosmoque(sp?) the friar in your group when i was playing sorc a few weeks back, he was asking for pointers on group setup, playstyle, speccs etc for a good set albgroup and i helped him as much as i could and he even said you guys would pop up in agramon for a few runs that night which you did.
Even had the pleasure of facing your group in agramon when playing my bard and well, you've got alot to improve but if you would stick with it you have the realm ranks and would get the teamplay to be a well performing group.
From what you're saying it just sounds to me like you're a bunch of sore losers that has to win no matter what even if it means outnumbering the enemy 10:1, just taking the easy way out, outnumbering everything to avoid the whine that might be generated? :O

Correct me if i'm wrong but thats the impression i got from this statement.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
From what you're saying it just sounds to me like you're a bunch of sore losers that has to win no matter what even if it means outnumbering the enemy 10:1, just taking the easy way out, outnumbering everything to avoid the whine that might be generated? :O

Correct me if i'm wrong but thats the impression i got from this statement.

Well thats the thing that gets me, wtf would they bother to play a mmorpg game? I try play the fg game to try out-smart, out-think, out-play the opposition and get fun doing that. Yeah majority of the time i/we loose but when i/we win its great. Why would i bother getting 16+ people together to do this? I wouldnt be testing myself or the enemy and just going through the motions moc pbaoe,pbaoe........ boring. I'd be better off buying a fps getting the cheat codes somewhere and hey presto bob's yer uncle "BFG9000 ohhh yes eat this muther"

I see the likes of good gg's and i want to fight em fair and square and give em my best shot, anything else is as above

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
We didnt do that badly Jupi, just a few groups continually got the better of us, mostly Mael/Groove. Good and bad periods against the decent alb set groups - PE, BDC, oh and TT ofc (/wave).

But as you say, it was something to strive for, something to achieve. What took quite a bit of effort was holding the group together (not always successfully) through the bad sessions, and still being able to have a laugh together even after tensions ran high after those sessions or individual bad runs. But NFD GG1 a pretty mature in years bunch so made it easier I reckon.

Also Muy, think the agra runs that you had were probably not the best example of fg stuff because of the domination of a couple of hardcore Mid groups. Makes it dispiriting if you are continually bumping head with those sort of groups as you never get the opportunity to actually have the time to analyse your play and determine how to improve. I speak from direct experience over many years of fighting the likes of Maelstrom.

NFD used to run a more caster orientated group, but because of Maelstrom, and their crazy interupting, moved to a tank based group some 3 years ago or so. It gave us a bit more time to breath and analyse, but it wasnt for a long time until we can say we won a square fight. They always had the rr advantage though :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom