TV New Season!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The Flash - utter horseshit. I'm sure most of these shows are made with the mentally deficient in mind.

Have to disagree with that. It fits perfectly in the justice league universe with arrow.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I reckon Jax is on a suicide run. He killed Unser (one of the club's biggest allies since the very beginning) without any hesitation. And I think it was just the 3 main cast members that died this week plus 1 or maybe 2 random irishmen.

Next week is going to be about Jax and his situation after killing Jury and probably a bit of fallout from Gemma and Unser dying. Chucky is going to be distraught. :( But it remains to be seen what the bylaw is that Jax wanted taken out. Presumably they will find Connor and that dirty dirty cop from the port. And maybe August Marks will get it too. It's going to be bloody that's for sure. I remember thinking maybe Jax could actually make all this work out peacefully (and to be fair they were kind of on track for that before Gemma fucked it up by saying that chinese chap killed Tara) but now it's just blood everywhere.

There was noticable hesitation in my opinion. Other then that, my guess is that this will end as it began; Jax working everything for the club and his fathers work(Unser would've ruined that). That's why he asked about the writings from Gemma also. Jax's story will most likely end by the mayhem vote.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Arrow. That's a kids TV show right? If not, it bloody looks like it.
Yes, it's fucking awful, it's the worst piece of shit acting I've ever seen in a series ever, and it's just so cheesy I'd sooner watch the old TMNT cartoons.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I would say it's aimed towards young adult, definitely not a kids show. I can't say i like it but hey, each to their own.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's a comic book adaptation, just like marvel movies, shield, gotham, smallville.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Arrow improves and towards the end of s1 I decided i liked it. It was the same for shield also. Gotham gets better and better. I'm currently enjoying perception s3, sleepy hollow s2 and for eye candy the originals which is quite good considering TVD was so awful

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Totally lost interest in SoA back in season 4 or 5.. It got way out of hand after that whole going abroad to Ireland stuff imo

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Totally lost interest in SoA back in season 4 or 5.. It got way out of hand after that whole going abroad to Ireland stuff imo
It did get good again and this season has been excellent. Definitely worth a peek. Last weeks episode was superb and very well handled given the plot.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I reckon Jax is on a suicide run.
Called it.
But it remains to be seen what the bylaw is that Jax wanted taken out.
Disappointed by this, it wasn't really relevant to anything.
Presumably they will find Connor and that dirty dirty cop from the port. And maybe August Marks will get it too.
Called it (except for the first bit, but technically they did find him).
Overall it was OK I guess. I thought they (as in, the producers) were going to make the mistake of letting Jax sail off into the sunset at the end. I'm glad they didn't but that CGI was soooooooo bad (the crows and then driving into the front of Vic Mackey's truck), it really distracted from the seriousness of that final scene.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Overall it was OK I guess. I thought they (as in, the producers) were going to make the mistake of letting Jax sail off into the sunset at the end. I'm glad they didn't but that CGI was soooooooo bad (the crows and then driving into the front of Vic Mackey's truck), it really distracted from the seriousness of that final scene.

Yeah, I thought very similar, I thought they'd take out -everyone- to be honest, the whole patching the black guy in seemed like it was gonna continue, frankly, I think they did a few things intentionally so they have somewhere to start off from if it all stops. What happened to the Grim Bastards? I Thought they were all joining SoA anyway?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Missing.
It's dark and excellent but I have to say I'm getting a bit tired of the "please help us... no, fuck you... pleeeeaaaaaase... NO... ...oooh ok I'll do it" plot device. They've used it at least 3 times (Tony asking Baptiste to help him in the present, Baptiste and co asking that ex-girlfriend to go back underground when they were looking for Karl Seig and recently, Baptiste and co asking Ziane's son to go and see him in prison), it's not very imaginative.

Also, as unlikely as it is, I'd love that Malik guy to die a very horrible death. It looks like they're trying to make him look like less of a dick because all of a sudden he has a disabled child but omg screw him. Aside from the phone-hacking, he then deleted what was a reconciliatory message that could've seen the parents stay together. And then of course the obstructing justice bit and generally being an absolute wanker.

Last episode next week, I can't imagine how it's going to end (I'm relatively confident they're not going to find a 13 year old Oliver somewhere and return to England as a happy family).
It's also up for a couple of Golden Globes. I hope it does well, it deserves to (not that that really means anything in this day and age).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Arrow, think it's midseason break.

Well that escalated quickly o_O

Weill be really interesting to see how they handle that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ah cmon @DaGaffer .. What about the arrow is actually worth watching?

It's fan-pleasing. They reference their source material really well. The dialogue can be clunky, and both Arrow and The Flash suffer from "characters making inexplicable choices" syndrome, but it's still enjoyable TV.

Plus:
Felicity_Smoak_Emily_Bett_Rickards-8.jpg

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
It's fan-pleasing. They reference their source material really well. The dialogue can be clunky, and both Arrow and The Flash suffer from "characters making inexplicable choices" syndrome, but it's still enjoyable TV.

Plus:
Felicity_Smoak_Emily_Bett_Rickards-8.jpg

Yep, Felicity FTW

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Plus:

While the "plus" trumps it all, yeah, flash and arrow are quite loyal to the source material. As far as silly choices go, that's just tv, take any series like the walking dead and you get the same problem. Also it's comics :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
Explaining away brain dead TV by claiming it references source material well isn't an argument for me and it doesn't actually tell me why it's worth watching. It seems to be aimed at the hard of thinking and children.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Explaining away brain dead TV by claiming it references source material well isn't an argument for me and it doesn't actually tell me why it's worth watching. It seems to be aimed at the hard of thinking and children.

I wouldn't let young kids watch it; its fairly violent. It also has some fairly ambivalent moral themes (revenge and justification for torture for example). As for the source material argument, I was always more of a DC rather than Marvel person when I read comics, and Arrow and The Flash are doing the DCU better than Warners are currently doing the films for example.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Watching Marco Polo on Netflix, pretty damn good so far.
After the exam tomorrow I have six months "off" as I will be at home taking care of my boy and only going to school six hours a week, so I need new series to watch obviously :p

Just looked it up on Netflix, and it does indeed look good. Thanks for the heads up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom