TV New Season!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Okay, just caught up with Homeland season 4, and last night's episode, without exaggeration, had my heart racing. Thought I was going into cardiac arrest at one point

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Okay, just caught up with Homeland season 4, and last night's episode, without exaggeration, had my heart racing. Thought I was going into cardiac arrest at one point

Holy fuck!!! :cool:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Was watching a Brit drama called The Missing with James Nesbit as the lead - damn good drama but what a subject to handle. My wife could not watch anymore after Ep3, all too upsetting for her.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I get that...
...the prisoner exchange was tense (and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had blown that boy up so there was no knowing which way it would go) but that ending was just plain 24-esque bullshit. It really tarnished what was otherwise a good episode.

And "Tell me we’re doing the right thing." "The right thing’s getting Saul back." Carrie doesn't have a particularly good memory, she was trying to blow him up a couple of eps back.

CorNokZ

I get that...
...the prisoner exchange was tense (and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had blown that boy up so there was no knowing which way it would go) but that ending was just plain 24-esque bullshit. It really tarnished what was otherwise a good episode.

And "Tell me we’re doing the right thing." "The right thing’s getting Saul back." Carrie doesn't have a particularly good memory, she was trying to blow him up a couple of eps back.
Homeland S4E7-9 spoilers
I think she was trying to blow him up, because Haqqani had just blasted that kid's brain out, and not so much because it was him and Saul. Feelings getting to her. Otherwise she would have just overruled Quinn and dropped the bomb anyway. She went back to her office and thought things through. What she really wanted was to get Saul back all along. Also the reason why she wouldn't let him shoot himself while he was surrounded, even when she probably knew he had no chance of escape.

The exchange scene was intense! It was like Breaking Bad all over again, with so many different possible outcomes. I didn't even notice how caught up I was until I could physically feel my heart trying to bump out of my chest. Who needs cardio any way? :p

sayward

Resident Freddy
Was watching a Brit drama called The Missing with James Nesbit as the lead - damn good drama but what a subject to handle. My wife could not watch anymore after Ep3, all too upsetting for her.
Me too. But why couldn't they have filmed it in France? There are too many anachronisms ( not quite the right word I know.)

And a little unrealistic. If my husband had come back without a child I would've killed him on the spot whatever the reason.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Homeland is so good this season.
Best season outside of season 1 imo.

CorNokZ

Homeland is so good this season.
Best season outside of season 1 imo.
Going out of my mind that we have to wait for two weeks before the next episode is out

And every other show will be a thanksgiving "special" :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

sayward

Resident Freddy
Very interesting. The other bit that didn't ring quite true was the fact that while the father is still locked into looking for the child the mother has tried to get on with her life. That's not very likely.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Flash possible-spoiler spoiler..err...spoiler;

Article in the professors future-newspaper read "Queen and wayne corps merge". It's from 2024(and not really "news"), but still as it's mentioned it could be that there's a batty appearance in the near future in the arrow/flash universe.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
6 eps in constantine. Those unfamiliar with the comic; it's Supernatural, with a House like lead(your usual dickish brit).

Sums it up rather nice and excluding "hollywood and corniness", enjoyable addition to the TV.

It's easy to see if you like it or not though, 1-3 eps in and you'll know.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
6 eps in constantine. Those unfamiliar with the comic; it's Supernatural, with a House like lead(your usual dickish brit).

Sums it up rather nice and excluding "hollywood and corniness", enjoyable addition to the TV.

It's easy to see if you like it or not though, 1-3 eps in and you'll know.

Is it based on the same story as the film (Keanu Reeves as I recall) ??

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is it based on the same story as the film (Keanu Reeves as I recall) ??

Same character, been a while since i saw the movie, but i don't think the overarching story is the same. Episodes are rather individual and more towards comics i think. As said, like supernatural in format(talking supernatural seasons 1-2).

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Same character, been a while since i saw the movie, but i don't think the overarching story is the same. Episodes are rather individual and more towards comics i think. As said, like supernatural in format(talking supernatural seasons 1-2).

Well I haven't watched Supernatural, but I did like the Constantine movie, so I may take a looksee... thanks!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I wouldn't invest your time, it's pretty much certain to be cancelled. The Studio hasn't given it a full season order after the 13 episodes already made and it's rating are poor.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Constantine ( series ) is a bit meh, none of the actors have much charisma although they don't do an awful job.

There are similar supernatural elements stuff out there that's done better.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I thought Constantine was a big pile of... meh. It comes on after some other show me and the wife watches so we usually leave it on but don't pay much attention to it.
Not worth the time and/or bandwidth.

leggy

Probably Scottish
The Flash - utter horseshit. I'm sure most of these shows are made with the mentally deficient in mind.
The Game - shocking plot twist: BBC make decent drama.
Homeland S4 - Complete turnaround for the show (in terms of quality)
The Good Wife S6 - Still consistently good.
Gotham - Surprisingly not completely shit.

Just finished watching True Detective (I'm late to the party I know). Now this is fucking TV and the standard to which all drama should aspire.

leggy

Probably Scottish
@Trem - your avatar is confusing my brain. House of Cards Season 1 is excellent. Season 2 bored the living fuckshit out of me but I was going through some stuff at the time I started watching it so I might give it another go.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Sons of Anarchy;
Well that escalated quickly, I literally lost count of the people that they killed off in that episode, Juice, Gemma, Unser, pretty sure there was some more in there too, I just wonder what's gonna go down in the next episode, I reckon that all the gangs they've made peace with have gone behind their back, so the Sons will be on a last stand fight.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sons of Anarchy;
Well that escalated quickly, I literally lost count of the people that they killed off in that episode, Juice, Gemma, Unser, pretty sure there was some more in there too, I just wonder what's gonna go down in the next episode, I reckon that all the gangs they've made peace with have gone behind their back, so the Sons will be on a last stand fight.
I reckon Jax is on a suicide run. He killed Unser (one of the club's biggest allies since the very beginning) without any hesitation. And I think it was just the 3 main cast members that died this week plus 1 or maybe 2 random irishmen.

Next week is going to be about Jax and his situation after killing Jury and probably a bit of fallout from Gemma and Unser dying. Chucky is going to be distraught. :( But it remains to be seen what the bylaw is that Jax wanted taken out. Presumably they will find Connor and that dirty dirty cop from the port. And maybe August Marks will get it too. It's going to be bloody that's for sure. I remember thinking maybe Jax could actually make all this work out peacefully (and to be fair they were kind of on track for that before Gemma fucked it up by saying that chinese chap killed Tara) but now it's just blood everywhere.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I reckon Jax is on a suicide run. He killed Unser (one of the club's biggest allies since the very beginning) without any hesitation. And I think it was just the 3 main cast members that died this week plus 1 or maybe 2 random irishmen.

Next week is going to be about Jax and his situation after killing Jury and probably a bit of fallout from Gemma and Unser dying. Chucky is going to be distraught. :( But it remains to be seen what the bylaw is that Jax wanted taken out. Presumably they will find Connor and that dirty dirty cop from the port. And maybe August Marks will get it too. It's going to be bloody that's for sure. I remember thinking maybe Jax could actually make all this work out peacefully (and to be fair they were kind of on track for that before Gemma fucked it up by saying that chinese chap killed Tara) but now it's just blood everywhere.
Im gonna show this series to my kids as a lesson to why you shouldn't lie ;)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just watched the latest SHIELD, but it now on hiatus until 3rd March, WTF!!

It's been so good so far, really enjoying it. I'm hoping there will be a tie in with Age of Ultron in the same way they tied Winter Soldier in with the 1st series

georgie

FH is my second home
Just watched the latest SHIELD, but it now on hiatus until 3rd March, WTF!!

It's been so good so far, really enjoying it. I'm hoping there will be a tie in with Age of Ultron in the same way they tied Winter Soldier in with the 1st series

IMDB says there's an episode airing on the 9th. Are you future Ed, sent back in time to provide us with pics of arse and tits? (y)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
IMDB says there's an episode airing on the 9th. Are you future Ed, sent back in time to provide us with pics of arse and tits? (y)

Damn, you're right, I looked at IMDb and for some reason thought that the 9th broadcast was the one I'd watched. Getting my days mixed up atm. Thanks for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom