TV New Season!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got a couple of things going for it but so far (ep 2) a bit meh!
I watched the first episode and thought it was shite. Will attempt to watch the 2nd one later this week.

As an aside, Banshee has started up again :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Just watched both seasons of Peaky Blinders back to back. I'm disappointed I waited so long to watch this and happy at the same time (season marathon!).

Fucking epic TV.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
S2 e2 of Broadchurch..... Just OMFG I love this series ;/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just about to watch Agent Carter, 1st two episodes aired last night

Just got the first two eps. Will prolly watch ce soir if I can hold back from watching the end of Season 2 of Breaking Bad. :)

Archer is back.

Loved the first season *so* much. The second season less so. After that....?

I'll try again tho.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I just rewatched Breaking Bad over the past few weeks. Bloody brilliant stuff. I watched it pretty much as it aired so it's been a good 5 years since the early seasons, amazing how much I'd forgotten.

I'm currently nearing the end of Band of Brothers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
S2 e2 of Broadchurch..... Just OMFG I love this series ;/
It's brilliant. I was led to believe that season 2 would be a totally new case for Hardy and Miller but I'm well up for a courtroom drama about the Danny murder and finding out more about the Sandbrook case as well. Great music too.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I just rewatched Breaking Bad over the past few weeks. Bloody brilliant stuff. I watched it pretty much as it aired so it's been a good 5 years since the early seasons, amazing how much I'd forgotten.

I'm currently nearing the end of Band of Brothers.

I need to watch Band of Brothers..

For the 5th time.

Why was The Pacific shit? :(

I know it's not a series, but I watched Fury today, I thought it was OK, but typical last stand ending 'omg let's all run away' 'no' says brad pitt 'I'll stay' 'So will I' 'So will I' 'So will I' 'Im reluctant because I'm a cunt, but I will!'

I suppose that's why I like Band of Brothers so much, it's more... realistic?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I know it's not a series, but I watched Fury today, I thought it was OK, but typical last stand ending 'omg let's all run away' 'no' says brad pitt 'I'll stay' 'So will I' 'So will I' 'So will I' 'Im reluctant because I'm a cunt, but I will!'

I watched it last night (first decent 1080p d/l I could find). I agree - Although, I actually really enjoyed it until the inevitable 'last stand', which was just a sloppy cop-out. I didn't like the overt vilification of the SS though. Seemed forced and designed to give a stupid audience an obvious Villain (without much justification or ambiguity).

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I watched it last night (first decent 1080p d/l I could find). I agree - Although, I actually really enjoyed it until the inevitable 'last stand', which was just a sloppy cop-out. I didn't like the overt vilification of the SS though. Seemed forced and designed to give a stupid audience an obvious Villain (without much justification or ambiguity).

Nah, I think they tried to portray that in War the Allies were just as nasty as the Nazis in combat (Let's put the Jews on the side line for now.)

Although I think they over-did it, it just felt like a stereotypical Hollywood film in the end unfortunately.

Either way, was a good popcorn munch.

Even though I had no popcorn.

I had a grannysmiths.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Nah, I think they tried to portray that in War the Allies were just as nasty as the Nazis in combat (Let's put the Jews on the side line for now.)

I agree with this but I was referring to the 'Allies and Nazis are bad, but the SS are So bad we can execute them all without mercy'. This was the only reason they stayed to fight at the end - It was a band of SS, rather than just 'vanilla' Nazis. Brad was just going to let them past until this point was made.

It was a poorly design plot mechanism to give the film a real baddie.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Episodes is back too, and better than ever. Great writing and a great cast.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've not watched it yet (I always wait for the WEB-DL if there is one) but there's been a hell of a build-up to this season, it does look like they're going all out.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
12 monkeys has started ( TV series ) downloaded it but havn't watched it yet, going to later tonight. Allegedly it's really good. Allegedly.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Tried Agent Carter ... as dull as every other Marvel TV Show / Movie.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
12 monkeys has started ( TV series ) downloaded it but havn't watched it yet, going to later tonight. Allegedly it's really good. Allegedly.

I think everyone was just shocked it wasn't flat out awful like a lot of recent SyFy fair and was much better than we all expected.

I really liked the pilot of The Man in the High Castle, lets hope that gets picked up for a full season.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I think everyone was just shocked it wasn't flat out awful like a lot of recent SyFy fair and was much better than we all expected.

I really liked the pilot of The Man in the High Castle, lets hope that gets picked up for a full season.

Admit I wasn't expecting much given it's a SyFy production but have to say I thought Ep 1 was very good. Will watch the second tonight.

Agree on the pilot of Man in the High Castle, excellent stuff and hope it gets made into a series, the CGI blue screen was slightly below par but the story was very engaging. Had not read the books but think i might have to now. The whole premise makes for a very good plot.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I was pleasantly surprised with 12 Monkeys, even if it a. Doesn't follow the time travel logic of the film. At all. And b. It took the most stupid thing from TimeCop (a film I love btw) and used it as a plot device.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Thanks to @Trem and @caLLous for reminding me that I had stopped watching Californication after season 4. Just fired up season 5 and loving it again.

"Twat was that?, I cunt hear you!"

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Just finished watching 'the missing' and blimey Charlie..... Great series, didn't quite grasp me as much as Broadchurch, it lacked the humour brought to the viewer that Tennant and Cole bring. Very difficult subject matter handled very well and with real world outcomes also which was both brave and impressive. I highly recommend both!!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Flash was back last night, be watching it later, but I cant believe they have missed a week of Agent Carter already, fucking 'muricans

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm no historian, which might help, as I really enjoyed the first part of Wolf Hall on BBC2 last night, now available on iplayer for those with access. Fantastic cast and some great acting, particularly from the lead Mark Rylance. Most definitely worth a watch in my opinion!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gfy02

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Just finished watching 'the missing' and blimey Charlie..... Great series, didn't quite grasp me as much as Broadchurch, it lacked the humour brought to the viewer that Tennant and Cole bring. Very difficult subject matter handled very well and with real world outcomes also which was both brave and impressive. I highly recommend both!!
They were definitely going for "somber" with The Missing. I watched it first and I thought Broadchurch was going to have a similar mood so I was surprised but the other way around I suppose. The banter between the two is great in Broadchurch, it seems to be even better in the current season.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom