TV New Season!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Explaining away brain dead TV by claiming it references source material well isn't an argument for me and it doesn't actually tell me why it's worth watching. It seems to be aimed at the hard of thinking and children.

It's comics, if you like comics(especially dc) then you'll like this. If you don't, then you won't. Quite simple :p

Comics aren't meant as some highbrow intellectual stuff anyway. You liked the dark knight?

pf1.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've got up to episode 4 of Marco Polo and I'm not sure I can be bothered to persevere with it tbh. It's really very average.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Kung Fu and tits, whats not to like? Up to episode 7 now, the blind kung fu guy is a fucking baddass.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
...whats not to like?
The fact that, given the source material, it's not a shitload better.

It looks amazing (the cinematography I mean) but it's like they tried to do brainless fun and historical realism in the same show when they should've really picked one and stuck with it, rather than lurching between the two at will.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Interesting that you got that from 3 episodes.

Oh well, your loss.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Missing.
:(

It's got a second season but it's a new case so I'm not sure of the significance of that ending. Are they saying Tony is deranged and obsessed with finding his son even though he knows he's dead or that Oliver is actually alive (the camera did linger on that boy in the flat in Russia for quite a while), as impossible as that seems?

Also, Marco Polo has pulled itself together a bit in episode 5.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Watched 9 of Polo and really enjoyed it. I found the slower start really helped to set the scene and build the characters/plot :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watched 9 of Polo and really enjoyed it. I found the slower start really helped to set the scene and build the characters/plot :)

Yup it gets better by the episode, only 10 episodes long but feels like a good place to stop, ready for a second season (hopefully)

Some awesome fight scenes later on

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The Knick. Anyone seen it? Got some very good reviews and I watched the first episode last night. Very promising

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Knick. Anyone seen it? Got some very good reviews and I watched the first episode last night. Very promising

Yup - I've seen it and would rate it as jolly entertaining!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone watch Black Mirror? Some more controversy from Charlie Brooker, I like it though.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The whole, ooo black mirror, technology is evil, it's going to ruin erryting!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So I found out about Broadchurch while reading about The Missing. How have I just searched on here for it and come up with not a single result? I just watched the final episode and holy shitballs that was a good series of television. Looks like I'm just in time for season 2 as well (it starts airing on Jan. 5th).

Like The Missing, it's possibly not one for the parents (which I guess rules out most of FH nowadays :eek:, which might answer my first question) but it was a genuinely gripping whodunnit with multiple suspects along the way, all of them plausible in one way or another.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
So I found out about Broadchurch while reading about The Missing. How have I just searched on here for it and come up with not a single result? I just watched the final episode and holy shitballs that was a good series of television. Looks like I'm just in time for season 2 as well (it starts airing on Jan. 5th).

Like The Missing, it's possibly not one for the parents (which I guess rules out most of FH nowadays :eek:, which might answer my first question) but it was a genuinely gripping whodunnit with multiple suspects along the way, all of them plausible in one way or another.
I just found this series also watched S1 back to back and s2e1... Cracking drama (and David tenant oO)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just found this series also watched S1 back to back and s2e1... Cracking drama (and David tenant oO)

Snap! (Apart from the David Tennant part, of course! ;))

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just about to watch Agent Carter, 1st two episodes aired last night

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, it's different from usual marvel stuff and even shield. Not in a bad way. Have to adjust a bit to the time period because otherwise everyone feels really stuck up :p

Anyway, good enough show i feel. Only problem ofcourse being that if it's going to be a short series that it's probably going to be over once it gets really good.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Well, it's different from usual marvel stuff and even shield. Not in a bad way. Have to adjust a bit to the time period because otherwise everyone feels really stuck up :p

Anyway, good enough show i feel. Only problem ofcourse being that if it's going to be a short series that it's probably going to be over once it gets really good.

Just finished watching it, quite slow to get going, and as you say it's only 8 episodes so they need to pick up the pace, but yes it was good. I liked the nod to Vanko too

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Danger 5 Season 2 has started, I can barely contain my erection.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sunny in Philadelphia and Parks and Rec are both back next week too, and Justified the week after.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Did we do a what got canned post this year?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lost girl, btw, is as lesbiany good(more so) as ever though one thing(2 ep in);

Kenzi leaving is bullcrap :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom