TV New Season!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's terrible. It was an interesting concept to have the show tied in with an MMO, the only problem is that there are no tie ins, the show is trash and the game has very limited appeal.
Not sure how it'll ever work, if they're too closely tied, how does anyone write the dang show?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Defiance has tried to introduce too much too fast. And you get left with no sense of knowing what the back story is. All in all it has not been done well.

I would rather watch a prequel showing the migration and the subsequent Pale Wars.

Gray

FH is my second home
Agents of SHIELD

marvels-agents-of-shield-cast.jpg

Should be showing episodes towards end of the year i believe...

This takes place in the current crop of movies for Avengers (Avengers 2, Thor 2, Captain America 2, IronMan 3 etc)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Revenge. I've completely lost track of what's going on but it's fucking addictive television. :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
How I Met Your Mother - Season finale... CERTAINLY worth watching.

I was expecting somebody else, Cristin Milioti - Who knows, she could work? Looks a lot like lilly

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have just watched my way through Bates Motel. It is very well acted and the story is good but something about it means it is not grabbing me by the balls and making me think it is a epic show. I still think it is worth a watch though.

After the death of her husband, Norma Bates buys a motel in the picturesque coastal town of White Pine Bay, giving herself and teenage son Norman a chance to begin anew. Shy Norman is reluctant at first, but with the help of his mother -- with whom he shares an intensely close relationship -- the boy begins to open up to others and make new friends. Some locals, however, aren't as friendly and welcoming to the Bates, who discover that because White Pine Bay isn't as peaceful as it appears, they are forced to do whatever it takes to survive.

soze

I am a FH squatter
How I Met Your Mother - Season finale... CERTAINLY worth watching.

I was expecting somebody else, Cristin Milioti - Who knows, she could work? Looks a lot like lilly
It had to be a nobody they could explain away as an extra really. Any big name signing on for the finale would have immediately been clocked as the mother.

But I still believe it could be a bait and switch they have the potential to have her lend the umbrella to a different girl in the first ep of next season.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It had to be a nobody they could explain away as an extra really. Any big name signing on for the finale would have immediately been clocked as the mother.

But I still believe it could be a bait and switch they have the potential to have her lend the umbrella to a different girl in the first ep of next season.

So it's fucking finished??? Finally.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
This season of HIMYM has been horrible. Just end it already. Same goes for TBBT

Chilly

Balls of steel
Hollywood economics mean you simply can't kill shows like this which will reliably bring in large audiences. The top boys do not give one flying fuck about storylines or artistic integrity. If they can sell a show, they will.

Take Homeland as an example. From the very first scene you know exactly what won't happen in the final episode: Brodie will *not* blow himself up because a) he's the highest paid actor in the show and b) they will 100% make another series. Therefore he will not die. It hugely compromises the ability of scriptwriters who have to write within an economic framework of perpetually continuing stories. This is why short-run stuff with fixed stories is often far better artistically. Unfortunately you can't carry on a show like that for ever as the story becomes convoluted.

24? Jack can never die so the possibilities for plots is limited. It's endless and the more you think about it the more annoying it gets :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hollywood economics mean you simply can't kill shows like this which will reliably bring in large audiences. The top boys do not give one flying fuck about storylines or artistic integrity. If they can sell a show, they will.

Take Homeland as an example. From the very first scene you know exactly what won't happen in the final episode: Brodie will *not* blow himself up because a) he's the highest paid actor in the show and b) they will 100% make another series. Therefore he will not die. It hugely compromises the ability of scriptwriters who have to write within an economic framework of perpetually continuing stories. This is why short-run stuff with fixed stories is often far better artistically. Unfortunately you can't carry on a show like that for ever as the story becomes convoluted.

24? Jack can never die so the possibilities for plots is limited. It's endless and the more you think about it the more annoying it gets :(

This is one of the things that makes Game of Thrones awesome - 'you killed Sean Bean???!!!!???!!!!!!' :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I haven't watched HIMYM for about 3 seasons, I finally had enough of it (fucking hurry up and meet the kids' mother already!). Maybe I'll go back and watch the remainder back to back one day. I think TBBT has been pretty strong this season - more of the boys and less of the girls. Certainly better than last season.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
This is one of the things that makes Game of Thrones awesome - 'you killed Sean Bean???!!!!???!!!!!!' :D

Well I'd be more shocked if a TV show or Film *didn't* kill Sean Bean. He dies in everything.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
caLLous said:
I haven't watched HIMYM for about 3 seasons, I finally had enough of it (fucking hurry up and meet the kids' mother already!). Maybe I'll go back and watch the remainder back to back one day. I think TBBT has been pretty strong this season - more of the boys and less of the girls. Certainly better than last season.

With the exception of Penny. She has no character at all this season. She's more facial expressions with every episode.

soze

I am a FH squatter
So it's fucking finished??? Finally.
Season 9 is the final season and.

Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Just watched the season 8 finale of Supernatural, was good but was expecting a little more. Bring on season 9 already!

soze

I am a FH squatter
It was a total non event of a finale.

all it leads you to believe is one of them cheats and we start the whole dating dance again which was boring last time.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It could've fallen anywhere in the season, except they tried to distinguish it as a big, season-ending finale by
having Leonard go off for 4 months (at least when they went to the Arctic, they *all* went, this feels so rushed and tacked-on) and some sort of unlikely breakthrough where Raj can suddenly talk to wimmin without the aid of alcohol.

soze

I am a FH squatter
caLLous said:
It could've fallen anywhere in the season, except they tried to distinguish it as a big, season-ending finale by
* SPOILER *

Yeah

If his leaving and the affect it would have on the relationship were meant to be e main story it was massively under developed. We heard more about the impact on Sheldon. This was lazy writing and felt like it was phoned in. Like they could not even be arsed. They don't seem to be able to write them together so have to keep breaking them up. But if they are not dating there is no place for Penny. Someone that hot dumps you no fucking way you hang out with her. After the break up she would have to go.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
list of shows cancelled or renewed from extv:

Sources:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cancelled-or-renewed-abc-tv-shows-status-28169/
CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | HBO & Cinemax | Showtime & Starz
A&E, ABC Family, AMC, and BBC America | BET, Comedy Central, DirecTV, and FX
IFC, Lifetime, MTV, OWN, Reelz, Sundance, and Syfy
TBS, TNT, TV Land, USA, and VH1

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/10/list-of-renewedcanceled-broadcast-scripted-
shows-from-2012-13-season-updated/
(ABC, CBC, NBC, CW, and FOX)

======================================================
Canceled, Ended, or Not Renewed

1600 Penn
30 Rock
666 Park Avenue
Alphas
Animal Practice
Beavis and Butt-head (The last episodes aired in December 2011 and there hasn't been any
...word about making more. I'm calling it Canceled)
Ben And Kate
Body Of Proof
Buckwild (Canceled one week after Shain Gandee's death)
Burn Notice (Final season to premiere June 2013)
CSI: NY
Cult
Damages
Deception
Dexter (final season to premiere June 2013)
Do No Harm
Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23
Emily Owens, M.D.
Eureka
Fairly Legal
Family Tools
Fringe
Futurama (the 13 remaining episodes will air summer 2013)
Go On
Golden Boy
Gossip Girl
Guys With Kids
Happy Endings
How To Live With Your Parents...
Last Resort
Made In Jersey
Malibu Country
Office, The
Partners
Private Practice
Red Widow
Rock Center with Brian Williams
Rules of Engagement
Smash
Southland
Spartacus
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
The Cleveland Show
The Mob Doctor
The New Normal
The Secret Life of the American Teenager
Touch
Tyler Perry's House of Payne
Up All Night
Vegas
Wedding Band
Weeds
Whitney
Zero Hour

Renewed

2 Broke Girls
American Dad
Arrow
Banshee
Beauty And The Beast
Blue Bloods
Bob's Burgers
Bones
Castle
Chicago Fire
Community
Cracked
Criminal Minds
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Defiance
Elementary
Family Guy
Glee
Grey's Anatomy
Grimm
Hart Of Dixie
Hawaii Five-0 (2010)
How I Met Your Mother
Last Man Standing
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
Mike & Molly
Modern Family
Nashville
NCIS
NCIS: Los Angeles
New Girl
Nikita (short season)
Once Upon A Time
Orphan Black
Parenthood
Parks and Recreation
Person Of Interest
Raising Hope
Revenge
Revolution (2012)
Saving Hope (Dropped by NBC, continuing on CTV)
Scandal
Suburgatory
Suits
Supernatural
The Big Bang Theory
The Carrie Diaries
The Following
The Good Wife
The Mentalist
The Middle
The Mindy Project
The Neighbors (2012)
The Simpsons
The Vampire Diaries
Two and a Half Men
Vikings
Still in shock that they renewed Defiance!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Glad they've renewed the following out of that list: 2 Broke Girls, American Dad, Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, Nikita (short season), Person of Interest :D, Revolution (2012), The Big Bang Theory

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom