TV New Season!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Shows need to be monster of the week now to keep people interested, they can be monster of the week while have a Season or Series wide story line but if there is nothing happening week to week people will get bored. Or save the show to watch in one hit later on.

The Following seems to have found the right mix.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's not that nothing happens it's that the characters are totally shit and the general feel is totally unrealistic. They are very well fed, have nice clean machine made clothes, clean hair and seem totally unused to their lifestyle of living in a post apocalyptic world. They look like extras from Beverly Hills 90210. They have tried to make the main character a feisty young women but have made her into an annoying spoilt brat.

Apparently nothing works that is electrical, not even batteries. I saw a good point that seeing as batteries are a chemical power source, animals would be dead too as animal life has a similar process in our cells. Unless it's some kind of voodoo that is making it all not work...which would be shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Apparently nothing works that is electrical, not even batteries. I saw a good point that seeing as batteries are a chemical power source, animals would be dead too as animal life has a similar process in our cells. Unless it's some kind of voodoo that is making it all not work...which would be shit.

This was also the problem in the books that this series completely stole the concept from (S.M.Stirling's "Dies The Fire" series). In those books it did turn out to be magic...which was shit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Something that bugs me about Touch (other than the fact that they've altered the theme song slightly and it's not as good as it was) is... (spoiler up to S02E06 I guess)
Why didn't this Calvin guy just explain to Lucy 3 years ago about Amelia and how important her noggin was and then *ask* if he could do a few tests and stuff?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So a pre-maturely cancelled show with a small but dedicated fanbase tries to get a movie made. After years of failure with the studios to get backing they turn to Kickstarter asking for $2m. As of writing this they are at almost $3m in less than 2 days. That's damn impressive.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

It doesn't matter if you even know or liked this show but it does raise interesting possibilities. So how soon before someone starts a "Firefly" campaign? I bet the response to that would just be insane. What other shows would you bring back?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles, first thing to do anything remotely interesting with the Terminator franchise since Terminator II

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Which still puts it miles ahead of the films.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Dr Who restarts on the 30th in the UK.
Sherlock has been renewed for S3 and is currently in filming.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Vikings! History channel by the watermark.

very good.
Up to episode 4 and love it this program :) Well worth watching if you have not started it already.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Season 3 of The Borgias is upon us.

Also, Californication has been a bit hit and miss the last couple of season but Atticus Fetch has to be one of my favourite TV characters of recent times.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Orphan Black from BBC America has been good. Saw the first episode and found it interesting.
Defiance aired last night, not seen it yet.
DaVinci's Demons also started, downloaded but not wateched yet.
Bate's Motel - Basically a Pysco early years drama. Looks really good and great reviews in US.

Also this - Rogue - Upcoming New Series

"Rogue" tells the story of Grace Travis (Thandie Newton), an undercover detective tormented by the possibility that she caused her son's death. In her quest for truth, Grace doubles as an agent for a powerful crime boss Jimmy Laszlo (Marton Csokas) who she believes will lead her to her son's killer. As Grace struggles to become the wife and mother her family now needs, her life is further complicated by her forbidden relationship with Jimmy. In order to stay alive, Grace needs to help Jimmy find the traitor in his midst, while knowing he may have played a part in her tragedy.
Sounds like a rip off of the BBC program Hunted.

DaGaffer

Up to episode 4 and love it this program :) Well worth watching if you have not started it already.

Still enjoying this, even if they are squeezing about 70 years of history down into about two. Old Ragnar Lothbrok was a bit of a lad, and by making him the first Norseman to attack England (which he wasn't; he probably wasn't born in 793AD) they're probably going to miss out loads of other good stuff (like him sacking Paris). This is one of those occasions where the real story is probably way more interesting than the dramatisation.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Orphan Black - it's actually a Canadian show that's just being aired on BBC America too. I've seen 3 episodes and it's a quirky & fairly fun show so far.
DaVinci's Demons - it's a cross between The Borgias (for the politics and historical settings) and Spartacus (for the fantastical OTT elements). Only seen 1 episode so far, very silly but it has tits.
Rogue - low budget, uninteresting and most of the cast can't act for toffee. Not exactly hooked so far.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
they're probably going to miss out loads of other good stuff (like him sacking Paris).

Its been proven that French will get their flags out for anyone remotely menacing in a uniform. So hardly a big deal really. :)

Really liking the Vikings, watched up to Episode 7 so far and it has been very good.

DaGaffer

Still enjoying this, even if they are squeezing about 70 years of history down into about two. Old Ragnar Lothbrok was a bit of a lad, and by making him the first Norseman to attack England (which he wasn't; he probably wasn't born in 793AD) they're probably going to miss out loads of other good stuff (like him sacking Paris). This is one of those occasions where the real story is probably way more interesting than the dramatisation.

Lol, shows what I know, clip for episode 7 at the end - "there's a country called Frankia, much bigger than England". I guess France it is then (and his brother being called Rollo is significant).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Da Vinci's Demons looks like it could be quite good if the first episode is anything to go by.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Has anyone seen this "It's Kevin" crap on BBC2 how does this shit get made???

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
BBC2 combined with BBC comedy.

Not what it used to be.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
About to start watching Parks & Recreation from scratch as they were talking about it on the radio a few mins ago, and they said it was ace. Any good?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
About to start watching Parks & Recreation from scratch as they were talking about it on the radio a few mins ago, and they said it was ace. Any good?
It's brilliant but you have to power through the first 5-6 episodes...they are still really funny don't get me wrong....but it wasn't really until about then that they hit their groove and moved on from the main character being a mental patient, to the main character being a bit odd but with a heart of gold.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I just watched the first episode of "Vicious". Or tried to

Vicious is a sit-com about two homosexual thespians in their 70s living in a tiny flat in London. Starring Sir Derek Jacobi and Sir Ian McCKellan. Actors of serious note. This will be good, I thinks to myself.

Its straight out of the 1970s. Just awful. Times have moved on. Its so cliched. Shame, as it had so much potential with the two awesome actors.

- You don't need canned laughter anymore. We don't need to be told when to laugh FFS
- The whole screaming queen high-pitched voice thing is bordering on the Jim Davidson

Fucking canned laughter. Either show it it front of a live audience, and show the audience and the set, or leave it out entirely.

I should have known it was cack since it was on ITV.

Last edited:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just finished Ch 4's Utopia, great TV. Biggest let down so far this year has been Defiance, I will be shocked if it gets a second season.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's terrible. It was an interesting concept to have the show tied in with an MMO, the only problem is that there are no tie ins, the show is trash and the game has very limited appeal.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Defiance has tried to introduce too much too fast. And you get left with no sense of knowing what the back story is. All in all it has not been done well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom