TV New Season!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Really enjoyed the second episode of "The Following" Lastnight.....fingers crossed it continues the way its going.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Just read there will be a tv show called S.H.I.E.L.D. (set after Avengers) by Joss Whedon later this year. Whooo :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Has it been picked up? I knew they were doing a 2 hour pilot episode :) But I think it is set before The Avengers? A member of the cast would not make sense otherwise :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Wiki says : Filming on the pilot started on January 22, 2013. It was confirmed that the series would take place after the events in The Avengers.
Guess they will have to clone Coulson or something :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Touch is great, I caught up on S1 after it finished. Every time he mutters "dammit" I can't help thinking of a certain Mr Bauer, though.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
just started watching House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. He is amazing in his role and Kate Mara is fucking hot!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
just started watching House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. He is amazing in his role and Kate Mara is fucking hot!

Yes he is great and it's a well made production but its still far from being as good as the original series. The writing is often not up to par for the kind of show it's trying to be. Still, the idea of Nexflix or the like making their own high quality shows completely bypassing standard broadcasting is something I'm hugely in favour of.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
plkM8CR.jpg

Zarjazz

Watched all 3 episodes of The Americans released so far and it's turning out to be very very good indeed. Great acting and period detail, finally a good new series to watch. Even Deebs likes it but I don't hold that against the show. :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Banshee is not bad at all, from the creator of True Blood. The storey is around a thief who just finished serving a 15 stretch. He moves to a small town called Banshee and takes over the identity of a murdered sheriff.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
man I thought Breaking Bad was good, but season 4 was just excellent probably the best Box Set I own right now.

also its the only decent brithbay present I've got in years, and I bought it for myself o_O :sneaky: (y)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Anyone following along with this season's Justified?

Holy shit this weeks ep was unreal. Boyd's "Outlaw" speech gave me goosebumps!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, Justified is great.
How many dead bodies this week?!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyone watched Revolution? Seen it advertised so downloading it. Seems to be up to episode 10 on the internets

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyone watched Revolution? Seen it advertised so downloading it. Seems to be up to episode 10 on the internets

Meh, two episodes in and it's shit.

Supposedly the earth went dark 15 years ago yet somehow a bunch of ipad users have managed to not get themselves killed or enslaved and everything is big and scary for them.

Toilet.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Its not great. The conspiracy stuff in the background could become interesting but that depends if it a) keeps going and b) you can grunt it past the "NOOOOOooooOOO my FAMILY!!!!" shit at the start like I managed to.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah I might give it a another few episodes yet but it's not good that 2 episodes in I want the main character to get brutally killed and for it to just end.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah I might give it a another few episodes yet but it's not good that 2 episodes in I want the main character to get brutally killed and for it to just end.
It's basically all building the story. Problem with that is, generally US tv shows that try to build a story get canned straight away. My most recent example of that being Awake.

Zarjazz

Problem with that is, generally US tv shows that try to build a story get canned straight away.

Supposedly viewing habits have changed in recent years with lots of people watching on-demand / box sets and now watch shows in short periods rather than single episodes every week. So shows with overarching mythologies and extended storylines have sold better than historically.

So this means that have been a lot of those kind of shows being made in the last year or two. However what a lot of them have forgotten is that the shows still need to be appealing from the start otherwise they get a limited audience and die before they get interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom