TV New Season!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Did you try to suck yourself and break a nerve?

I'm sorry, it just smells of a cop out which the others never did. Like, we'll give you 47 million per episode so mske sure you string it out.
🤷‍♂️
Each to their own but I don't see how it could have ended any other way. For me the 3 endings are life (Jesse - El Camino), death (Walt - Breaking Bad) and purgatory (Jimmy- Better Call Saul).

Could it have been more, possibly. But I don't see how else they could have ended it, even though I think the whole bit of Kim walking off into the sunset is bullshit

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
... even though I think the whole bit of Kim walking off into the sunset is bullshit

Why do you think she deserved a different ending? It's not like she did anything *that* bad, especially nothing close to what Jimmy got up to after she left.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
🤷‍♂️
Each to their own but I don't see how it could have ended any other way. For me the 3 endings are life (Jesse - El Camino), death (Walt - Breaking Bad) and purgatory (Jimmy- Better Call Saul).

Could it have been more, possibly. But I don't see how else they could have ended it, even though I think the whole bit of Kim walking off into the sunset is bullshit
I just didn't feel like the actual BcS show finished before they jumped in with the aftermath. I was still waiting for a colour episode. I agree it had to end like that but why go that way about it?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why do you think she deserved a different ending? It's not like she did anything *that* bad, especially nothing close to what Jimmy got up to after she left.
They're equal to me

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hmm - whilst the first two seasons were pretty good I'm finding it hard to muster any enthusiasm for Star Wars these days. It has become too big and nothing in it makes any sense any more.

Should be better than Obi Wan but still meh.

BUT BABY YODA!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm - whilst the first two seasons were pretty good I'm finding it hard to muster any enthusiasm for Star Wars these days. It has become too big and nothing in it makes any sense any more.

Should be better than Obi Wan but still meh.
Wish they would make In Her Name (Michael Hicks) into a show or film. To me one of the best series of sci-fi written.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Wish they would make In Her Name (Michael Hicks) into a show or film. To me one of the best series of sci-fi written.
It's enjoyable pulp fiction, and there aint nothing wrong with that, but it's not even close to being one of the best sci-fi series ever written.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Last edited:

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Fuck amazon, barnes&noble and nook alltogether.

How hard is it to have a box set for series? Quite hard apparently.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So, is it just me, or is a lot of the big budget tv output at the moment...a bit shit?

Rings of Power...looks pretty, but Jesus H Christ it's slow.

House of The Dragon. Bored. Westeros just isn't that interesting.

Andor...quite promising, will give it a chance.

She-Hulk...only watching for the Daredevil episode at this point.

There were a few things I was looking forward to on the beeb, Bloodlines, Crossfire, The Capture, and they've all been a bit meh as well.

Maybe it's me, but very little is floating my boat at the moment.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, is it just me, or is a lot of the big budget tv output at the moment...a bit shit?

There were a few things I was looking forward to on the beeb, Bloodlines, Crossfire, The Capture, and they've all been a bit meh as well.

How about sequels to beloved franchises?

View: https://youtu.be/G3I0SpwjVK8

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I'm somewhat limited here because I've never watched Lord of the Rings, have zero interest in Star Wars and am completely out of touch with Marvel stuff but I'm enjoying House of the Dragon. I haven't watched episode 6 but I think they're done establishing relationships etc and are about to jump forward.

Currently airing shows that I think are fantastic are Atlanta and Reservation Dogs. Central Park is decent as well (from the Bob's Burgers people) and um... the current season of Grand Designs is good so far.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Cunk On... Earth is on the BBC.

I like Charlie Brooker's writing, but I'm not a fan of his performances, but Diane Morgan is hilarious, I love the way they get experts to play along.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I thought it was going to pick up the pace, but it hasn't really. It's not bad, per se, it's just taking quite a lot of time.

If it takes 5 seasons and comes to a proper end, then I'm OK with that. (I.E. have they mapped out a story that is going to build and this is just the slow start? Or have they done a lost and written S1 and will get to the end and should really have canned it?).

Westeros really IS boring isn't it. We're watching it, because there's still fuck all else on tho. But I am losing the will...

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
First episode has already aired. It was cringe-worthy. Avoid.

I'm with @DaGaffer on this one. Can't say I'm hooked by anything currently airing.
But... but... but...

But you want to know which one of Al's 4 daughters is responsible for all that hacker code, right?

Yeah, I know, nobody does. But it's got that low-cost aesthetic and NBC have fuck all else that makes me think it might actually stick around for a while, right?
As we're talking about network executives and there's an excuse here to dump all the cash on a cameo from an old and beloved character who had a good ending and fucking that all up for 30 seconds of attention grabbing has to be worth it all, right?
Err... Ernie Hudson is in it and he was the only not completely shit Ghostbuster in the new one, so he'll save it, right?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm enjoying House of the Dragon, it's moving unhurried at its own pace and fleshing out a story.

Anyway DaGaffer, have you looked at this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9BcW7gXvE

I have it sat on my HD waiting to be watched. But HBO + The Wire/The Deuce people = looking good.

I've watched the first couple of episodes and it was fine, but it has a very strange flashback structure over three time periods, that's only identifiable by Jon Bernthal's hairstyle and beard. You have to pay attention.

I'll probably pick it up when I have a bit of time.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Looks good, on the BBC:

View: https://youtu.be/gTWqFccBsgg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom