TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I really enjoyed the first season of The Lazarus Project. A mysterious agency (fronted by Dorothy from Men Behaving Badly) is charged with stopping things that end humanity from happening and if they fail, they can reset time back to the previous July 1st (they just can, ok?) and have another go.

It sounds stupid, it is a bit stupid but it works.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I really enjoyed the first season of The Lazarus Project. A mysterious agency (fronted by Dorothy from Men Behaving Badly) is charged with stopping things that end humanity from happening and if they fail, they can reset time back to the previous July 1st (they just can, ok?) and have another go.

It sounds stupid, it is a bit stupid but it works.

Which platform please?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hadn't realised they were releasing it all in one go, assumed it would be weekly due to the writers.

Yeah, I dropped them an email saying I know a traitor who lives in Ireland who would be really pissed off if they did it this way, but make it all available to true Britons.

Of course they obliged.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
SAS Rogue Heroes is pretty good.

Awful uninventive sound track though.

It's really quite good. A huge dramatisation, as you would expect, but somehow managed to watch the first 5 episodes in one go last night.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's really quite good. A huge dramatisation, as you would expect, but somehow managed to watch the first 5 episodes in one go last night.

There's a part on the last episode that is SUPER FUCKING ANNOYING.

See if you can spot what I mean - it's right towards the end.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Oh yeah, but nah, the bit that got me was the
M60 tank

Seriously? That was what bothered you? Not
That they jumped from Operation Pedastal in August to "oh the Yanks have landed, I'm going to meet them", six months later, forgetting to mention the entire Battle of El Alamein had gone on between those two events? Hardly a trivial event. I know you need to have dramatic licence with these things, but it was by far the largest British success of the War up to that point, and the way they described things ignored it in favour of "the Americans have arrived, yay". And we all know the whole thing was shoehorned in that way to appeal to American audiences, especially as Stirling was actually on the way to find British First Army, not the Americans at all. It was really stupid, especially when Pedastal is one of those amazing events of WW2 that doesn't get enough attention (it would actually make an incredible movie in it's own right), and then they cock up the flow of events right at the end

I'm assuming there will be a season 2, I can imagine them splitting it between Stirling's story; multiple escape attempts and eventually Colditz, and Mayne's; mayhem in France after D-Day.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They will likely split it into campaigns, so NA (nearly) done then onto Italy, France, Netherlands, Arnham/Pegasus bridge could fill an entire series.

It's sort of odd though, they could have added more but feels like they rushed through it all because they weren't sure of a second series, when it is obvious from the start that it would do well.

DaGaffer

They will likely split it into campaigns, so NA (nearly) done then onto Italy, France, Netherlands, Arnham/Pegasus bridge could fill an entire series.

It's sort of odd though, they could have added more but feels like they rushed through it all because they weren't sure of a second series, when it is obvious from the start that it would do well.

You're confusing the Paras with the SAS. The SAS weren't at Arnhem or Pegasus Bridge (on D-Day they were actually hundreds of miles away near Dijon blowing up troop trains with the Resistance). Weird thing is the Paras were the SAS briefly when they were founded (at Ringway in Manchester), and then renamed as "1st Parachute Battalion". Stirling's lot were the second SAS.

DaGaffer

Just watched The Devil's Hour on Amazon; it's quite atmospheric, but unfortunately it all falls apart under the weight of it's flawed internal logic in the end.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Just finished the Rings of Power. A bit in love with itself, but the last three episodes are fantastic. I think it'll probably find its feet in season two.
I enjoyed it. I think they did well considering they had massive restraints on the source material they could use. The world was built well, some great acting and it definitely improved a lot as it went along. Some questionable writing though for sure.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Despite all my low expectations because of the changes they had announced they had made to the source material, and why did it need a remake at all, turns out the adaptation of "Interview with a Vampire" is bloody excellent, strong emphasis on the blood. Can highly recommend. The actors for Lestat and Claudia are especially good.

View: https://youtu.be/Uf0omSx_l7o

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Really enjoyed the last season of The Walking Dead.

Rick! Though obvious set up for a movie

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Despite all my low expectations because of the changes they had announced they had made to the source material, and why did it need a remake at all, turns out the adaptation of "Interview with a Vampire" is bloody excellent, strong emphasis on the blood. Can highly recommend. The actors for Lestat and Claudia are especially good.

View: https://youtu.be/Uf0omSx_l7o

Am 3 episodes in. Very very good.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pepsi, where's my jet. Netflix documentary.

Very good.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I've started re-watching LilyHammer. Think it's my third time. Such a great show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom