TV New Season!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I love the way she plays the clueless old woman and uses it to say edgy stuff in these PC days.
Like telling Will I Am she had never seen a black man up close before.

I love it how you politicise everything.

She's not acting.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think she is quite straight forward. I dont think she puts it on. Its refreshing.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm only a couple of episodes in but I am very much enjoying Altered Carbon so far.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm only a couple of episodes in but I am very much enjoying Altered Carbon so far.
Will try this after I've finished Dirk Gently. Read the novel years ago. It was OK but not exactly a classic imo

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Will try this after I've finished Dirk Gently. Read the novel years ago. It was OK but not exactly a classic imo
That's what I thought about the novel. Watched ep.1 though and it's pretty faithful - it'll make for good telly :)

Liked season1 of Dirk Gently. Having a gap before S2.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

I've just finished binge watching it and thought it was rather excellent. I've seen a lot of critics have slated it, fuck knows what they've all been smoking. It's not a Blade Runner clone, it's a no-holds-barred sci-fi noir with some full on brutality.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I've just finished binge watching it and thought it was rather excellent. I've seen a lot of critics have slated it, fuck knows what they've all been smoking. It's not a Blade Runner clone, it's a no-holds-barred sci-fi noir with some full on brutality.

Yes I agree. Exactly like the book.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Been watching S1 Good behavior and it pretty damned good so far. British actress from Downton (won't hold that against her) playing the lead and she is excellent.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Netflix' Dirty Money
The Epic Grift of 'Dirty Money'

First episode was a great look at the VW NOx scandal, ending with the glum prediction that all car firms are likely up to similar.
Looking forward to the episodes about Martin Shkreli, Trump, HSBC etc.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Netflix' Dirty Money
The Epic Grift of 'Dirty Money'

First episode was a great look at the VW NOx scandal, ending with the glum prediction that all car firms are likely up to similar.
Looking forward to the episodes about Martin Shkreli, Trump, HSBC etc.

Created a bit of a storm when they insinuated VW were Nazi's, human and animal testing.. In the US court case defense have asked for a 6 month delay due to the program causing prejudice in the public.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I'm a big fan of Altered Carbon. Binge watched first 5 episodes over the weekend. Watching the last episode tonight.

Gwadien

Holy shit that Tesla, I love everything about it, especially the whacky shit.

Gwadien

dat price tag doe.

I need to get myself some african lithium mines..

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
dat price tag doe.

I need to get myself some african lithium mines..
Wrong thread or mental break down? Or a spoiler that didnt need to be said as i only watched two episodes of AC so far?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wrong thread or mental break down? Or a spoiler that didnt need to be said as i only watched two episodes of AC so far?
It's a Grand Tour reference.... don't worry :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They sure picked some sexeh ladies to strutt about naked in altered carbon

Dichen lachman. Oo i could ruin her.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why was it shit? *edit* Scratch that, I don’t care. It was interesting and I enjoyed it.
The whole family bullshit. Rayleen wasn't his sister in the book IIRC - so that side of the whole thing was just unnecessary - it became a family drama rather than a detective story. And that was it's weakest bit (there were times where you were just begging someone to shoot someone - like when Carl could have taken out whatshisname in the walking dead but didn't pull the trigger). It was pretty weak compared to everything else.

I liked the off-world history stuff - that worked nicely - giving you a grounding background to the character - but the whole sister slant was shite, overplayed and massively interfered with what was shaping up to be a good little TV program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom