New Mobile

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Winamp works fine for me, dunno why you're having problems. Have you considered rooting and installing 2.2? Might fix some shit.

I find just using MediaScape instead to be far less of a faff and less likely to brick my phone, so I'll just use that. Besides, I'm not one of these folks with inferiority complexes brought about by unnatural hair colours who cares what version of Android they are running. As long as I can talk and text, along with checking FB and Sickipedia whilst listening to tunes, I couldn't care less.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I find just using MediaScape instead to be far less of a faff and less likely to brick my phone

lol, brick your phone? I don't think you realise how straightforward it is to update these phones with custom ROMs. Anyway, if you're happy that's grand but the 2.1 vs 2.2 isn't an ePenis™ thing. There are a whole host of improvements, not to mention compatibility issues. Personally I think JIT is enough of a reason to go to 2.2 all by itself.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So I am jailbroken now, makes the experience much better. Very powerful piece of kit once you aren't tied to apple.

Have you done yours yet G?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
some stuff you may want if you havent got it

iFile great for unraing stuff and moving files.
vlc
sbs settings
my 3g have to pay for it after a month but makes buying apps from apstore painless away from pc. among other things
catorgories and its icons set. helps things look neat tho be sure to de select every thing when upgrading to new fw if not then infini folders
lockinfo again a app thats needs paying for but helps you customize the home screen no end
mx tube for proper youtube viewng and downloading
7zip
hd icon set and retina icon set gets rid normal crap standard icons for alot of apps

five dock and five colum spring board there others that squeeze more into the screen but these are enough i reckon

theme i prefer atm is glasskart hd

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I am using carbon hd over glasskart at the mo, but I switch between both.

sbsettings is fantastic, I will get lockinfo soon.

what does catorgories do?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
FYI, the retina icons are found by searching for "alt icons"

You'll get al icons for phone 4 as the description.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
folders with thier own icons, been about well before apple did thier crap folders and the guy behind it has kept it free. only issue with it is when upgrading to new firmware/ios release any apps in catogories folers will become invisible so you gotta remember to move the apps out of them first. most times just installing catogries and the theme you were using fixes it but not always

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just got the "E is for Ezra" paid theme stunning theme, and proceeds to charity too.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I quite like the look of the new Sony handset, with the slide out control pad. It would be amazing if they put the PS1 back catalogue on PSN for it. My next phone if they do!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Are there any good phones out with buttons? I have the HTC desire and there are things such as the big screen or apps which are cool, but texting is a nightmare on touchscreen. Even with no mistakes, it's still slow. Oh and 1 day battery life sucks balls.

I have a work BB 8520 but the buttons are kinda small.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Are there any good phones out with buttons? I have the HTC desire and there are things such as the big screen or apps which are cool, but texting is a nightmare on touchscreen. Even with no mistakes, it's still slow. Oh and 1 day battery life sucks balls.

I have a work BB 8520 but the buttons are kinda small.

Don't they do a Desire Pro?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The desire Z, but it's a lower spec phone than the desire (only slightly though).

To be honest Bahu, 1 day battery life is a given with smartphones. I fear how silly the battery use will be on that sony psp phone.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
At least the Desire S will come with Gingerbread...
I was hoping for dual core phones from HTC though

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I had an uber Sonygasm check El Reg earlier, not one new Xperia coming out but 4 of the bloody things? How on earth am I supposed to pick my next phone now?

P.S I think I have, I'm sticking with the Arc. If I ever get bored of my Sex10, which may take a while.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
New scripts for BodhiBot 2000 please !

For once, he may have a point; the Arc really is a rather beautiful piece of kit, which you don't often say about phones, and it finally has the grunt to run Timescape properly. My only concern would be that its probably not as well-built as it looks.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My understanding is that dual-core phones will use less power than their single-core equivalents.

First reviews for the LG out in this month's T3. I was right; eats batteries.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Got round to installing Villainrom 2.3.3 (GINGERVillain 1.6)on my desire and oh my, talk about new phone. 2.2 was ok but this just flys, the browser is fantastic. Everything works like a dream. The happiest ive been with my phone in 13months. Finally got a swype beta invite and that's great also. Aps2SD pure win.

davephone.jpg

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't review very well on Techradar.

Bodhi said:
Bollocks, Techradar have always hated Sony and have an agenda. And hate Japan and all Japanese products. And cheered for the tsunami. And they have AIDS. Bad AIDS at that.

^ Absolutely genuine Bodhi logic. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom