New FOTM?

R

ReaLX

A lot of the clerics I know (who were 41rejuv, 35enh) are going 41rejuv 35 smite, basically because spec buffs are useless with all the buffbots around. However I have no idea how usefull some smites are in RvR, any thoughts about it?

C

Craft

This is a bth thread i have two accounts and one laptop, laptop cant go si but when i get my new computer Praetorian may respec to Enhancement to help my other characters to level, everyones doing it, i dont aggree with powerleveling or buffbots ( i dont use buffbots in bg) but why keep gettin owned and see a necro pl characters to 50 when your having a hard time finding groups? Are smite clerics really that bad?!

K

Kagato.

Problem is a buff-bot can only fully buff 2 people at best, slightly more if another cleric does the base buffs. I suppose it is a point though. However your group will also be missing out on the group resistance buffs and healing proc which are very nice.

L

legaoniel.old

smite

why not go whole hog on rejuv then? Smite is rubbish - and I used to have 42 in it !!!

S

swords

my cleric is 40 enh 36 rej and i personally think that is how groups should recieve their spec buffs.
our guild does not have a BB readily availiable and so i am the spec buffer for the GG as it should be.

the fact that as soon as anyone gets a Buffbot my main spec str/con and dex/qui will be obsolete and second best means all im good for is resistances and heal proc.

The smite line was pretty much mauled into little pieces and its not very useful for a cleric considering what clerics are meant to do, heal.

as it happens i am needed for buffs and it does give the ability to buff on the move if some of the group die ina fight without having to go back to the PK to rebuff.

i do hope they go ahead and make it more rewarding to recieve buffs from a person you are grouped with because ti will make my cleric that much more desirable in comparison to a 41 rej cleric.

the other interesting thing is that my heals are still very much benefitial even without the second spread heal, as spread heals arent alwayts the most effitient way to heal.

the Smite line needs some improvements and not just to the dmg of the spec dd's, something to make it useful to the group and not the cleric.

Its things like this that produce cookie cutter specs, and FOTM group setups rather than having some diversity and its certainly spoiling the fun sometimes.

F

-frostor-

Originally posted by Kagato.
Problem is a buff-bot can only fully buff 2 people at best, slightly more if another cleric does the base buffs.
buffbot only for specced buffs clerics that are smite/rejuv can always base buff

D

DeaD GuRu

my thought

clerics in general:

rejuv stinks, most gamers rely on the huge rejuv heals and forget that they can help half of the damage themselves.

so: if you want to use a rejuv: Do it in a major rvr guild cause the other just use ya.

smite: smite 50: rox: nice aoe mezz, nice aoe dam, and the awesome aoe smite and DD ST smite. Do not expect to top the damage other casters do but you will hurt a lot.

Enhance 50: A must in descent rvr groups. Heal proc, Enh resists, most ppl think they belong facehugging some TK, well i think they don't belong there, but in the field.

my favorite clerical specs:

solo playable specs:

50 enhance 20 rejuv. Buffs to enhance every class in assistance of a Friar or other specced cleric. 20 rejuv gives you a small insta heal, a 150-250 heal and a nice group heal. At creation time make sure this cleric is suited for his purposes, as in make sure he had LOADS of power (piety i think ;-) )

50 smite 20 enhance: this type of cleric does not need to heal, the only heal he should do is to heal himself, fuck that group, they will have more gain from your smites and mezz and aoe damage then from your heals. 20 enhance, just to make sure you have some stat enhancements.
NEVER take 50 smite and 20 rejuv. The baseline buffs are not sufficient to make a smiter go fast enough. Nor doe other groupies have any gain from them. If you plan on going solo and you have a buffbot (50 enh) then you may opt for this kind of spec.

curse them full rejuvs, they rock in assistance of focuspulling groups etc.... but i don't like the idea of beeing the pet of some chopfrenzy plateheads that don't know what group coherency means....

my two cents :)

nasdrovnje

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by -frostor-
buffbot only for specced buffs clerics that are smite/rejuv can always base buff

They can but most buff bots usually have mastery of arcane as well, the base buffs from a MoA buff bot are still significantly better then a standard clerics base buffs. It depends how fussy the group is really. We can only help that mythic keep to there promise of making physically played enhance spec clerics more rewarding.

P

pitspawn

Really disappointing the amount of clerics ive seen dumping the little enhance they have for either smite or more rejuv. Was in a group with 2 clerics today, neither had any of the group resist buffs. Those resists buffs are SO vital, and buffbots cannot really provide you with them. Running around with 50% Bdy/En/Sp means you have a decent chance of resisting most forms of enemy crowdcontrol and if you do get hit by them its half duration straight off.

Also prolonged fights where you are getting resurrected means you need to be rebuffed by the groups cleric rather than buffbot. This is especially a problem with clerics with no or extremely low spec buffs.

S

swords

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
my thought

clerics in general:

rejuv stinks, most gamers rely on the huge rejuv heals and forget that they can help half of the damage themselves.

so: if you want to use a rejuv: Do it in a major rvr guild cause the other just use ya.

smite: smite 50: rox: nice aoe mezz, nice aoe dam, and the awesome aoe smite and DD ST smite. Do not expect to top the damage other casters do but you will hurt a lot.

Enhance 50: A must in descent rvr groups. Heal proc, Enh resists, most ppl think they belong facehugging some TK, well i think they don't belong there, but in the field.

my favorite clerical specs:

solo playable specs:

50 enhance 20 rejuv. Buffs to enhance every class in assistance of a Friar or other specced cleric. 20 rejuv gives you a small insta heal, a 150-250 heal and a nice group heal. At creation time make sure this cleric is suited for his purposes, as in make sure he had LOADS of power (piety i think ;-) )

50 smite 20 enhance: this type of cleric does not need to heal, the only heal he should do is to heal himself, fuck that group, they will have more gain from your smites and mezz and aoe damage then from your heals. 20 enhance, just to make sure you have some stat enhancements.
NEVER take 50 smite and 20 rejuv. The baseline buffs are not sufficient to make a smiter go fast enough. Nor doe other groupies have any gain from them. If you plan on going solo and you have a buffbot (50 enh) then you may opt for this kind of spec.

curse them full rejuvs, they rock in assistance of focuspulling groups etc.... but i don't like the idea of beeing the pet of some chopfrenzy plateheads that don't know what group coherency means....

my two cents :)

nasdrovnje

You have no clue whatsoever do you?

T

thorwyntf

Rejuv Clerics are a (or rather *the*) vital part of the Albion RvR forces. You may not like the idea of being a heal pet, but then, the Pallies might not like the idea of being the slambot, the Sorcerers might not like the idea of being the mezzbot and the Minstrels might not like the idea of being a speedbot. But that´s how RvR groups are. Everybody has a job and does what he does best.
As soon as you´re taking away the Rejuv Clerics (and replace them with Smite Clerics), Albion is basically paralyzed in RvR. If you don´t like being a support char and making your group and your realmmates successful, then you shouldn´t roll a Cleric.

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Rejuv Clerics are a (or rather *the*) vital part of the Albion RvR forces. You may not like the idea of being a heal pet, but then, the Pallies might not like the idea of being the slambot, the Sorcerers might not like the idea of being the mezzbot and the Minstrels might not like the idea of being a speedbot. But that´s how RvR groups are. Everybody has a job and does what he does best.
As soon as you´re taking away the Rejuv Clerics (and replace them with Smite Clerics), Albion is basically paralyzed in RvR. If you don´t like being a support char and making your group and your realmmates successful, then you shouldn´t roll a Cleric.

You are right, however that's not the case here ;) I was talking about 41rejuv/35enh -> 41rejuv/35smite.

The question still remains, is the aoe mezz and (aoe) smite nukes worth the loss of resist buffs and spec buffs when you get rezzed?

S

sigh

tbh if you rvr in a guild, one cleric will have enhance one will have smite, or aim for that not always perfect due to people being present, and at the end of the day: good players >specs

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by swords
You have no clue whatsoever do you?

no idea?

i tell you what, if this healer would be removed at least the other classes would tend to some damage prevention intead of waisting their skills and points into some stupid realmskill. How many times don't you hear ppl moaning ...."we have no healer" .. well make sure you are not DEPENDANT on these classes :p

Paladins have that faith heal or something, other classes have got other skills that heal also, so why should a rejuv cleric be the PET of (as it seems) the only good rvr group?

albion is based on enduring fights, if they can last long enough they win most fights.... healing does help it, i will not say healing is all bad.... i just think that a rejuv cleric hardly can handle a hammer, hardly can buff and hardly can stand a hit without having to use his instas in his own and last but not least his smite is shite. so in general ...... this class sucks so hard if you are a rejuv because healing and ressing is the only thing ppl expect from it.....but you can't even give a grey con a hurting push.

All are free to pick / create their characters as they wish... i just tell me my point of vieuw on thing.
Testing 50 smite atm, 50 enhance....... 50 rejuv....; i won't even bother doing that... my 20 rejuv will have to do

nasdrovnje

E

excs

Originally posted by sigh
tbh if you rvr in a guild, one cleric will have enhance one will have smite, or aim for that not always perfect due to people being present, and at the end of the day: good players >specs

Cant agree more, but imo: 40 rej, 35 enh, 9 smite

40 rej > 41 rej : due to 41 heal cost to much power (imo)

35 enh > 36 enh : imo the points are better spend on smite, you get instant ae smite (great for interupt)

9 smite > 3 smite : you get pbaoe smite (anything higher is a waste imo)

Just imo

K

kirennia

no idea?

i tell you what, if this healer would be removed at least the other classes would tend to some damage prevention intead of waisting their skills and points into some stupid realmskill. How many times don't you hear ppl moaning ...."we have no healer" .. well make sure you are not DEPENDANT on these classes :p

Paladins have that faith heal or something, other classes have got other skills that heal also, so why should a rejuv cleric be the PET of (as it seems) the only good rvr group?

albion is based on enduring fights, if they can last long enough they win most fights.... healing does help it, i will not say healing is all bad.... i just think that a rejuv cleric hardly can handle a hammer, hardly can buff and hardly can stand a hit without having to use his instas in his own and last but not least his smite is shite. so in general ...... this class sucks so hard if you are a rejuv because healing and ressing is the only thing ppl expect from it.....but you can't even give a grey con a hurting push.

All are free to pick / create their characters as they wish... i just tell me my point of vieuw on thing.
Testing 50 smite atm, 50 enhance....... 50 rejuv....; i won't even bother doing that... my 20 rejuv will have to do

nasdrovnje

ehhh? :)

If you want to roll a damage dealer, roll a damage dealer but DONT roll a smite cleric. Endured mine for 1 mil rp's worth and in the end, 40rej, 35enh, 9 smite is much better then smite.

Giving everyone in you rgrp 1k or more extra hps from heals is much more important then smiting for 200 and meleeing for 100

E

Eggy

Originally posted by sigh

D

dimerian

totally off-topic,but why people are making those new accounts with "old" in em...? :eek7:

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by kirennia
ehhh? :)

If you want to roll a damage dealer, roll a damage dealer but DONT roll a smite cleric. Endured mine for 1 mil rp's worth and in the end, 40rej, 35enh, 9 smite is much better then smite.

Giving everyone in you rgrp 1k or more extra hps from heals is much more important then smiting for 200 and meleeing for 100

i do believe you, really, but as i said, just my POV :)

if you want a damage dealing cleric, you make em hard
if you want a healing cleric, you can't hit anything, you can't even properly defend yourselfe imo:)
the only thing i don't like about healing (rejuv 40+) is that ppl don't even properly protect you, they only expect to get that one heal in that one zerg rush they do.... that is not the intention of healing i presume

L

lorric

i do believe you, really, but as i said, just my POV :)

if you want a damage dealing cleric, you amke em hard
if you want a healing cleric, you can't hit anything, you can't even properly defend yourselfe imo:)

you should lead albion to greater glory everyone stop specing rejuv......

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by lorric
you should lead albion to greater glory everyone stop specing rejuv......

lol no need for that :p

i don't need that kind of action, i just tell ppl what i think after seeing al the rubbish here for a long time

L

lorric

lol no need for that :p

i don't need that kind of action, i just tell ppl what i think after seeing al the rubbish here for a long time

and add to said rubbish.

S

swords

Ok i do not consider myself a heal and buff pet for my guild nor my realm.
Me and the other cleric in our group (both rej clerics) are the glue which holds the group together and we are what gives the group the survivability and therefore chance to win.

you go rvr with 4 FH chanting paladins and smite if you like but i doubt you will be able to kill any enemy group which has 2=3 healing classes backed up with a few dmg dealers and a mez/pow/ speed bot.

I cant defend myself against an enemy tank this is true, nor can i realy do damage to him, but thats not what i should be doing.I should be sprinting away from enemy tanks stopping casting a quick heal and legging it again, as long as i have tanks chasing me and not reaching me thats a number of the enemy out of the fight essentially. (ignore the when they catch up part though :) )

Its not easy being a cleric, and i may not get the uber death spam kill messages, but at the end of the day i can rest assured that ive held the group together long enough to defeat our enemies and i can take pride in that.

If you truly want to roll a dmg dealing class a cleric is not and never should be the class to roll.

N

nuitari

Hmm Smite clerics?

Imho if you smite once in a fight you get kicked, what use are clerics that waste power on doing very little damage in todays RvR?

Savages and Zerkers do so much damage that every little drop of power from the cleric should go to healing, imho there is no time left for smites.

So a smite cleric would be the biggest gimp in the world, if not using it to just PvE or something, PL in Barrows?

<laughs>

Just my 2 cc

B

Belomar

Originally posted by pitspawn
Running around with 50% Bdy/En/Sp means you have a decent chance of resisting most forms of enemy crowdcontrol and if you do get hit by them its half duration straight off.
Common misconception. Resistances do not, repeat not, increase your chances to resist spells. They only reduce their effect.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by nuitari
Imho if you smite once in a fight you get kicked, what use are clerics that waste power on doing very little damage in todays RvR?

Open minded I see..

Unlike nature which has a nice aoe root and an interrupting pet, and pacification which is just a superb line...

smite really doesn't have much in it to make it worth taking over enhance for resist buffs...

The only thing I can see worth speccing smite over enhance for your usual group cleric is a pbaoe mezz/pbaoe insta DD for interrupting a hib/mid pbaoe group.

And maybe for the odd aoe smite on the doors at a keep siege ;) (or in a lord room at a milegate... now that was fun)

But if you're not needed to heal you might as well help that druid die faster ; )

S

swords

aah but 99% of the time you ARE needed to heal, or rez or run away from the drooling fotm savages...the only thing worth casting in the entire line is the stun on enemy support and even then there isnt usually enough time to do this.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by swords
aah but 99% of the time you ARE needed to heal, or rez or run away from the drooling fotm savages...the only thing worth casting in the entire line is the stun on enemy support and even then there isnt usually enough time to do this.

avoid emain ;) or fight hibs :p

3 cleric group?

rejuv/enhance rejuv/smite smite/rejuv? :)

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Belomar
Ahh, how refreshing, another Ironheart post. :cool:
hhmmmm, what's wrong with is this time Belly? or are you still hanging on those in game grudges

Users who are viewing this thread