Scouts new FoTM

L

luapo

On the american servers the whines have started about archers in general.

I just hope that archers arent the new FoTM because it will be very annoying to spend 11months getting my char to lvl 50, and then to be branded a FoTM.....

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by luapo
On the american servers the whines have started about archers in general.

I just hope that archers arent the new FoTM because it will be very annoying to spend 11months getting my char to lvl 50, and then to be branded a FoTM.....

blame mythic :p:p
they are very smart i think.....very very smart :puke:

L

luapo

Maybe we should give the casters and healers some tips on how to kill us when we get our toys so they cant whine against us :)

L

Larik-

Hrm yeah not looking forward to rapid shot, popping longshot arrows through bt etc :) And I'm saying that despite being only on the 10s pbt, shame on mythic putting another nail in the coffin of the earth theurgist spec:(

Still one single plus for casters vs archers is the last target/face will work if an arrow hits a bt, so theurgs have can autoface the archer run to within 2000 units, quickcast a pet on them. Pet reaches archer 6s later archer's in trouble. Provided the caster isn't nailed into the ground by a flood of arrows by then of course.... Wait and see how it works out I suppose :)

B

Belomar

This just means I am going to have to do my "qc - /face - nearsight" routine a lot more often in the coming months. I already thought it was bad when hunters got increased damage and that damn insta-pet (it's my worst enemy when I've reduced the hunter to helplessness with my nearsight), but this means we're going to get a huge influx of new archers.

L

luapo

A good way to counter archers surprisingly is -----> group another archer.

Cos then pbt is no problem if ur assiting ppl and uve got insurance against stealthers if they got TS, and they got lots of range to interupt if they got longshot.

L

loxleyhood

Im going to slaughter casters. Start with a longshot - removes bt and decent damage. RF prevents them from firing back, dead caster.

Dear god....... im not gimped any more :D

B

Belomar

Why would it prevent them from firing back, Loxley? It won't interrupt quickcast, now will it?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Belomar
This just means I am going to have to do my "qc - /face - nearsight" routine a lot more often in the coming months.

With Rapid Fire you will already have 2 more arrows on the way to you before even /face, and possibly another before your QC lands. With Longshot always penetrating BT you'll be dead before you can stop the archer (unless being healed).

B

Belomar

Hmm. So this means that casters can no longer solo, while archers once again have risen to the top of the foodchain? This sucks, IMO. Once again, casters get nerfed, becoming less and less viable.

Good thing I'm uber. ;)

S

skile

Hunters will be INSANELY overpowered. Faced a Hunter in melee (I have capped resists and I had both AF-buffs) and he hit me for 350-400 with spear. He has his insta-pet, speedbuff, selfbuffs AND now ALSO rapid fire, uber volley and now PA.

N E R F

G

Gorbash

yeah, i think i gotta express my concerns with hunters atm too...

imo they are powerful (although not overpowered as such) as it is.

X

xplo

CRY MORE NOOBS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .......... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

F

flue

i agree with xplo us archers have been a joke for ages now so kiss my arse and feel my longshot and RF before you see me muahahahahahaha

F

flue

i agree with xplo us archers have been a joke for ages now so kiss my arse and feel my longshot and RF before you see me muahahahahahaha

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by Belomar
Hmm. So this means that casters can no longer solo, while archers once again have risen to the top of the foodchain? This sucks, IMO. Once again, casters get nerfed, becoming less and less viable.

Good thing I'm uber. ;)

lol, once again?:p

it only happened once!:p

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by loxleyhood
It is good to be the King! :D

YEAH BABY YEAH!!! :sex:

SMACK MY BITCH UP !!!!!! :twak:

rub against this SB's :kissit: .... :ROFLMAO:

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by skile
Hunters will be INSANELY overpowered. Faced a Hunter in melee (I have capped resists and I had both AF-buffs) and he hit me for 350-400 with spear. He has his insta-pet, speedbuff, selfbuffs AND now ALSO rapid fire, uber volley and now PA.

N E R F

that means full Spear, buffed, crap bow dmg and not that good selfbuffers .... ohh ... and maybe he is RR7? :)

You know, MoP gives up to 25% extra dmg, and then Mastery of Arms gives up to 15% faster hit... I wonder if he specced any of those ????? :p

O

old.Ramas

(unless being healed).

Don't count on it.....

0.0sec : First arrow hit (penetrating) - caster now aware of archer. Caster now interrupted till 4.0 sec ish.
0.3sec : Damage to caster registers on cleric's group window.
1.0sec : Cleric notices damage to caster (or finishes previous spell, or whatever).
1.1sec : Cleric decides to heal caster.
1.4sec : Cleric clicks on caster in grp window.
1.5sec : Second arrow hits caster.
1.6sec : Cleric clicks on 2.0s greater heal.
1.9sec : Greater heal command reaches server.
3.0sec : Third arrow hits caster. Possibly kills the caster if the caster is unlucky.
3.9sec : Cleric heals caster for 726
4.5sec : Forth arrow hits caster - probably kills the caster if the heal didn't hit.

So more accurately, the caster dies unless being healed by a Cleric with 41+ rejuv, who is reasonably alert, has a tonne of mana, isn't caught in the middle of using a power efficient heal on someone else, isn't interrupted by a passing grey pet and doesn't have bad lag. (or has an insta to blow of course).

People often forget the effect of latency on cleric spells which take 2 seconds to cast and can only be cast once the combat cycle where people are hitting every 1.5s has begun, also note it's not just connection latency, the server prioritises update messages regarding you own char above those of your group, and even in the best of circumstances takes some number of cycles to process an active decision to for the cleric to heal; wheras the attacker will have pre-queued arrows or spells thus removing lag because the server knows of your intention to fire ahead of time.

B

belth

Maybe we'll get Perforate Artery damage fixed and can stay stealthed after one-shotting soon again, seeing as archers can snipe with pretty much impunity again...

B

belth

Originally posted by greenfingers
You know, MoP gives up to 25% extra dmg, and then Mastery of Arms gives up to 15% faster hit... I wonder if he specced any of those ????? :p

MoP5 gives 25% higher chance to crit, not 25% extra damage :p MoArms does nothing.

G

greenfingers

ye, sry .. more chance of doing crit, but 25%+5%base(?) = 30% for a crit hit ! .. that's like every 3-4 hit is crit ... instead of every 20th is crit .. !!!
MoArms MUST do something to a Spear ...

6.0 sec spear is down to 5.1 (0.15*6=0.9 faster) with MoArms 5 .. but with same dmg !!! and Quickness takes it even further down!!! so, a Dwarf hunter hit every 3.5 sec? .. not bad, when it's for 3-400 every time ! :)

S

skile

that means full Spear, buffed, crap bow dmg and not that good selfbuffers .... ohh ... and maybe he is RR7? :)

Ofc he could be critting me for 4 times in a row. But I don't like to get 4 shotted or so when I have 43 in basemelee and do 150 on him.

Edit: That's basically SB-damage.

G

greenfingers

and the basic Scout dmg in melee is 60 with style, 21 lvl Thrust, so what U whining about? ... the basic melee with Slash lvl 29 is round 90 with style ...
none style, my scout does 27-38 dmg w/o style ...
Shield attack is sometimes 79 or so ...

I know SB's can't fight ranged .. but then U got THE best advantage .. SH!!! U can see my scout with 27 Stealth at like 1500 yards or so !!!

/wajn off plz

B

belth

MoArms MUST do something to a Spear ...

6.0 sec spear is down to 5.1 (0.15*6=0.9 faster) with MoArms 5 .. but with same dmg !!! and Quickness takes it even further down!!! so, a Dwarf hunter hit every 3.5 sec? .. not bad, when it's for 3-400 every time ! :)

It does nothing. Logs on Hibernian Guardian boards for example. Also, style damage will go down, as per usual haste-buff/quickness effects - or would if it did anything.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by skile

N E R F

hunters RF will suck cause mid hunters bow suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom