New FOTM?

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Belomar
Common misconception. Resistances do not, repeat not, increase your chances to resist spells. They only reduce their effect.

ain't that the utmost important part, the reduction? or are you just....... nagging :)

B

Belomar

Belly? :eek:

I don't have any in-game grudges as I've practically never come across you. I'm just amused by some of your opinions and self-contradictions. ;)

And yes, I was correcting Pitspawn's post where he said that resistances increase the chance to outright resist a spell.

EDIT: Removed some flamebait. ;)

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Belomar
Belly? :eek:

I don't have any in-game grudges as I've practically never come across you. I'm just amused by some of your opinions and self-contradictions. ;)

And yes, I was correcting Pitspawn's post where he said that resistances increase the chance to outright resist a spell.

EDIT: Removed some flamebait. ;)

aaa, kk, naah, i just felt kinda annoyed with your quote: "refresshing... ironheart"

and i know that in the past, (rpg time) i did post some wicked posts here, i loved doing it. Now i trie to do it right :p

my contradicitons? it could be, but as i re read the stuff i typed i don't see any.
If there is a contradiction in the clerical explenation ;-) tell meh :)

cheers

just to continue that discussion, it does maybee not prevent from beeing mezzed etc... but as you said it reduces the time of effect... so that would be about the best protection you can have versus them then ... or not?

So 50 enhance really is a must for groups
still a lot of ppl say that 40+ rejuv is needed. I can believe that remark

it could be i'm wrong in my POV, i'm but... a user not a creator :)

ps: no offence taken, clerified

edit:

just a little explenation how i look at characters....
maybee that will clarify my "weird" ideas

first of all, i make character (levelling) so they can function solo... as this is my favorite way of levelling (or pl)

because i think that a character should be able to at least solo two/three yellow cons solo (be it buffed or unbuffed)

ppl may say i'm not group minded. Well tbh i love grouping but.... i don't group with ppl that are dependant on other from start. If you can not take care of your own, why let someone else make/create a gimp character so you could be fitted in a certain group.

A rejuv can't solo one mob, (i think), even if it is only a yellow con.

well, that is about my way of creating characters : 1) independant
2) they do fit in all type off groups

btw my full smite cleric buffed up with 20 enh spec buffs + basic has 1546 hp, wich i think is not that bad to be able and receive some punches

K

kirennia

Originally posted by swords
aah but 99% of the time you ARE needed to heal, or rez or run away from the drooling fotm savages...the only thing worth casting in the entire line is the stun on enemy support and even then there isnt usually enough time to do this.

and the stuns baseline : /

Only thing you get from it is a DD, an ae, a pbaoe insta mezz, pbaoe DD and a damage add. Against people in epics it's good but then again, that could be said about any class. With todays RvR, smite doesn't work apart from to interupt a healer for a couple of seconds if you see them unmarked.

C

catalina

At the moment if you spec full enhance you are *effectively* punished for it.

Common sense dictates that if you spec for nice buffs you should be able to give them to your group, since you sacrifice healing ability. Atm this doesn't happen, at 50e 20r and with capped piety and aa2, i can *almost* give each member of my group 2 of the lowest buffs i have (yellow buffs, or blue for the acuity buff).

They need to take a serious look at increasing the conc pool depending on how much you spec in the enhance line (or mid/hib equivalent). Yes i know this means buffbots will be able to buff more ppl, but it also gives the enh clerics who like to run in groups a chance to make use of the buffs they've specced for.

B

bob007

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
So 50 enhance really is a must for groups
still a lot of ppl say that 40+ rejuv is needed. I can believe that remark

just a little explenation how i look at characters....
maybee that will clarify my "weird" ideas

first of all, i make character (levelling) so they can function solo... as this is my favorite way of levelling (or pl)

because i think that a character should be able to at least solo two/three yellow cons solo (be it buffed or unbuffed)

ppl may say i'm not group minded. Well tbh i love grouping but.... i don't group with ppl that are dependant on other from start. If you can not take care of your own, why let someone else make/create a gimp character so you could be fitted in a certain group.

btw my full smite cleric buffed up with 20 enh spec buffs + basic has 1546 hp, wich i think is not that bad to be able and receive some punches

This is a key issue, How you spec. Many toons have specs that suit group play and specs that don't. Smite clerics don't suit group play, But solo against spirit weak mobs, They are very good. 40 rejuv is a key steping stone in anyones spec, if they choose to ignore it, They ignore 50% res sickness reduction and 100% res with 50% power. But they gain in other departments. Enhance clerics bring good buffs to a group at the cost of healing and smite and the afore mentioned 100% res rewards. But they can add more hit points to a toon, More af and better resist buffs. So reducing the damage they take overall. Meaning they have less healing to do anyway. Smite clerics bring, Interupes. Either its a mez bomb in a pbaoe cage or aoe smite from range, This can add valueable seconds to move on to your target.

Each spec has its own falls and rewards. But coming from a pre-nerf balanced spec point of view, I don't feel the smite line has much to offer to make it worth speccing in, 41r 35e will be my spec till i delete, That what i choose to do. everyone else should choose there own to.

D

Deletium

my thought

clerics in general:

rejuv stinks, most gamers rely on the huge rejuv heals and forget that they can help half of the damage themselves.

so: if you want to use a rejuv: Do it in a major rvr guild cause the other just use ya.

smite: smite 50: rox: nice aoe mezz, nice aoe dam, and the awesome aoe smite and DD ST smite. Do not expect to top the damage other casters do but you will hurt a lot.

Enhance 50: A must in descent rvr groups. Heal proc, Enh resists, most ppl think they belong facehugging some TK, well i think they don't belong there, but in the field.

my favorite clerical specs:

solo playable specs:

50 enhance 20 rejuv. Buffs to enhance every class in assistance of a Friar or other specced cleric. 20 rejuv gives you a small insta heal, a 150-250 heal and a nice group heal. At creation time make sure this cleric is suited for his purposes, as in make sure he had LOADS of power (piety i think ;-) )

50 smite 20 enhance: this type of cleric does not need to heal, the only heal he should do is to heal himself, fuck that group, they will have more gain from your smites and mezz and aoe damage then from your heals. 20 enhance, just to make sure you have some stat enhancements.
NEVER take 50 smite and 20 rejuv. The baseline buffs are not sufficient to make a smiter go fast enough. Nor doe other groupies have any gain from them. If you plan on going solo and you have a buffbot (50 enh) then you may opt for this kind of spec.

curse them full rejuvs, they rock in assistance of focuspulling groups etc.... but i don't like the idea of beeing the pet of some chopfrenzy plateheads that don't know what group coherency means....

my two cents :)

nasdrovnje

Yea right ..... have atleast the slighest clue or u just postfarmin nonsense ?

D

Deletium

Probably the most original names in teh game...

Coldfusion 37 Paladin
Craft 26 Friar
Dreamwalker 24 Scout
Infiltrator 23 Infiltrator
Praetorian 22 Cleric
Vampir 15 Sorceress
Fusion 14 Theurgist
Dreamweaver 10 Minstrelette
Diavlo 8 Wizard
Chayne 8 Cabalist
Ballistic 6 Mercenary
Nightshade 5 Infiltrator
Starwars 5 Minstrelette
Chthonic 5 Armsman
Ranger 5 Scout

-- Looking for Guild --

Why bother ? ^^

And yea flame me for makin 2 posts in a row..

Im POSTFARMIN !!!!!!11111oneone

L

lorric

So for u cleric's arent meant to be group friendly? But should be able to solo and not need to depend on group members, I like u can u wear bright colours so u stand out and people know which groups u wont be healing people in.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by lorric
So for u cleric's arent meant to be group friendly? But should be able to solo and not need to depend on group members, I like u can u wear bright colours so u stand out and people know which groups u wont be healing people in.

i neve said they have to be group-un-friendly
characters should be independant, not dependant. If you cant handle things solo 1 on 1 what is a group with you, you are nothing but a burden, nothing but pain, you are the weakest link

B

Belomar

characters should be independant, not dependant. If you cant handle things solo 1 on 1 what is a group with you, you are nothing but a burden, nothing but pain, you are the weakest link
I'm sorry, but once again you are being amazingly ignorant. A rejuv cleric is the backbone of any serious RvR group, regardless of the fact that they might struggle to solo a yellow. It does not matter. The heals that a smite cleric can dish out are simply not adequate for "real" RvR.

D

Deletium

omg ur cracking me up ... u made this week for me ... i cant stop laughing .. and im in a great mood now... :clap:

O

old.Prof

Comon ppl, speccing a cleric (not talking about buffbots) for RvR is *really* simple ...

If you want to have *any* use in RvR as a cleric you need to go rej/enh.

Because as a cleric ...

in RvR ...

1) you buff, you stay at apk
2) you smite, you do limited damage
3) you solo, you die
4) you don't heal, your group dies
5) your group dies, they get angry at you :p
6) your group gets angry at you, you'll have to go to step 3)
7) you die

PS for aforementioned reasons any cleric why goes rej/smite is just screwing his template up in order to get killspam.
Clerics who attempt to get killspam should play a different class.

Dixit.

I

infernalwrath

Re: smite

Originally posted by legaoniel.old
why not go whole hog on rejuv then? Smite is rubbish - and I used to have 42 in it !!!
:rolleyes:
40 r is enough to heal properly
43 r is nice if u are healing alot tanks
35 r is enough to heal properly in heavy caster groups
50 r is ... :rolleyes: stupid etc

S

stighelmer

hihi

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Deletium
omg ur cracking me up ... u made this week for me ... i cant stop laughing .. and im in a great mood now... :clap:

tell me this twat, you royal baboon

how many times have you seen a paladin next to a rejuv cleric in the field of battle? Or even a shield specced to protect that cleric from charging, lurking fiends???

when i was active in rvr with my wizard this also was the utmost demotivating reason to continue.... nobody fucking cares about the group if they see an enemy, all draw their weapons charge out while two classes remain behind, casters, as in: long range casters (not pbaoe) and healing classes. Nobody ever stays behind to protect these... so what my point is why should i or anyone else just create a healer to make you (chopfrenzy inconsidderate twats and rp farming hoars) just go berserk even more.

(i did have one mate that used to play a paladin (quited) and that guy was the best pally i ever saw, name: brainsquasher, he stayed by my side and whenever i got down it only took a couple of secs before i was up and running again. I had my shield as a wizard. He also realized that all Kills i did were faster harder and better then plateheads could ever get in the same period of time, things may have changed now with nerv, resists SC etc..)

this may how ever be totally different in the more serious guilds in rvr, the once like SS, FC, HB as i never have been in a full group coached by these peeps. This would be the place where i would perhaps considder creating a (dependant)40 rejuv enh specced cleric. Then i wouldn't even invest in smite if i would have the protection.

so, to make sure some person doesn't go looking for contradictions in my outlets....

1) i tell ppl to make independant characters because as 70 percent of groups are pick-up groups without cooperation and teamplay. You would not have the least bit of fun because you will allways be pissed at the lack of protection or cooperation.

2) if you are rvr'ing in a group with mates, as in eight ppl that deceide to always go togehter, you can opt for a character that needs assistance from his groupies. If not , just don't do it, you'll be the slave of 7 rp hoars. Therefore, solo spec characters are the best way to have a good character. As the only purpose is getting some Rp's and killing something and making sure you have a chance to last the fight.

50 enhance = loads of HP , loads of resists, basic heal protection, and you whack you hammer at a speed that isn't seen verry often, base line stunn, smite is always present so... you can do a lot
50 smite= you kick butt in one on one, you won't win em all but you will be a worthy opponent to enemies/

but don't let me stop ppl from making rejuv clerics... everybody is entitled to their own oppinion and pov.. i just spit out mine :)

tbc

:)
nasdrovnje

S

stighelmer

Nas,

if the characters in a group are not specced to be "group friendly" as you call it, you will die to the first fg you meet.

Only way to live with a group like that will be in a zerg.

Hence, by advicing people to spec this way is basically to tell them to go join a zerg.

Is that really what you want ?

Would it not be better to try and give people tips on how to spec in a group friendly way and how to put together groups that work well ?

Just a thought.

Cheers

O

old.chim aira

the person that rolls a smite cleric these days is just like a buffbot, he'll never leave atk because he's not specced for RvR.
The gimp that specs smite these days and says it does good dmg can stand next to the 2h paladin at atk, they also say they do good dmg... :rolleyes:

G

gunner440

Originally posted by old.chim aira
the person that rolls a smite cleric these days is just like a buffbot, he'll never leave atk because he's not specced for RvR.
The gimp that specs smite these days and says it does good dmg can stand next to the 2h paladin at atk, they also say they do good dmg... :rolleyes:

fritte

B

Belomar

how many times have you seen a paladin next to a rejuv cleric in the field of battle?
Perhaps you should play in guild groups instead of crap Emain pickup groups? It's a widely known fact that pickup groups suck -- basically the only paladin that ever guarded me in a pickup group is Keridwan. ;)
this may how ever be totally different in the more serious guilds in rvr, the once like SS, FC, HB as i never have been in a full group coached by these peeps. This would be the place where i would perhaps considder creating a (dependant)40 rejuv enh specced cleric.
Touché.

M

marchegiani

If i so much as go out of melee range of Belo's cabby he demotes me to recruit.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by stighelmer
Nas,

if the characters in a group are not specced to be "group friendly" as you call it, you will die to the first fg you meet.

Only way to live with a group like that will be in a zerg.

Hence, by advicing people to spec this way is basically to tell them to go join a zerg.

Is that really what you want ?

Would it not be better to try and give people tips on how to spec in a group friendly way and how to put together groups that work well ?

Just a thought.

Cheers

onoooo, i hate zergs, but tbh if you are not enlisted in one of the major guilds here in albion there isn't verry much of an option left is there. Going solo or be solo is the best way then ( in my oppinion). Be it solo in that zerg / pick-up group but at least you stand a chance of surviving a bit longer if you can defend yourselfe. And i know survivability in zergs is determined by one thing, Outnumbering foes.

i would love to advice ppl how to spec group friendly characters, still think that eg 50 enhance is fairly group friendly.
As someone here in this thread stated (can't recall who and to lazy to reread all) str/con + con = a lot of additionel HP wich means that (if you considder base HP value) extra punishment a character can take before (if unbuffed by these or just some mediocre buffs) you would have to start healing that person.

and i do know that ppl philosophise about ideal group set-ups with the ideal group-minded characters. But the possibility of using that set-up is soooo small. Either one member isn't on line etc... all irl reasons... blabla.
So to compromise (i hope this is the word i wanted to say ;-) ) this situation, maybee ppl should try to make group set-up with capable solo characters. Just because the possibility of getting all those group-minded characters in one group is small.

Ok , you may have a point if ALL characters created would be that group-minded spec. But you do know, as do i , that everybody will make their own version of this character and that the desired group minded thing isn't always present.

tbc

;-) cheers

S

stighelmer

So to compromise (i hope this is the word i wanted to say ;-) ) this situation, maybee ppl should try to make group set-up with capable solo characters. Just because the possibility of getting all those group-minded characters in one group is small.

Ok , you may have a point if ALL characters created would be that group-minded spec. But you do know, as do i , that everybody will make their own version of this character and that the desired group minded thing isn't always present.

Nas,

we (you and me) don't want to zerg. Personally I'd rather log.

Going in a group that has "I take care of myself spec" equals repeated deaths w/o a zerg. Personally I'd rather log.

If everybody who are not interested in zerging specced in a group friendly way (for e.g. a cleric that would be to avoid smite and 50 enchance) and if people would be a little more patient when making groups the chances of putting together decent alb groups (even if random) would increase dramatically imo.

Just another thought :)

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by old.Prof

3) you solo, you die

ACTUALLY, thats not entirely true, my cleric (chilly 44 smite 19e 24r or something) can kill most solo chars on his own, assuming they arnt primary tanks or scouts. I have killed several infiltrators, AFTER taking a PA in various duels and beaten rather a few NSs, scouts kick my ass cos i can never find em, and light tanks go down ok cos they have shoddy HP and my smite usualy does 250+ dmg, and i can melee ok because my self buffs from teh smite line add about 10dps to my hammer swings, i also have just shy of 1800HP self buffed with my grey con specs.

But tbh, two people and im dead, no matter who they are :D

im not saying clerics are viable solo chars, im just saying that it can be done, and its even as if chilly is uber high RR, hes not even rr4.

anyway, i love smite so FO u smite haters :p

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by stighelmer
Nas,

we (you and me) don't want to zerg. Personally I'd rather log.

Going in a group that has "I take care of myself spec" equals repeated deaths w/o a zerg. Personally I'd rather log.

If everybody who are not interested in zerging specced in a group friendly way (for e.g. a cleric that would be to avoid smite and 50 enchance) and if people would be a little more patient when making groups the chances of putting together decent alb groups (even if random) would increase dramatically imo.

Just another thought :)

true, i can and do agree.
but still i would love to see 50 enh as group friendly usage :) :p ;-) and the smitors also ;-)

sorry , i'm quite stubborn ;-) joke

J

Jiggs

50 enhance is only group friendly if you intend to stand at the tele-keep all day and your only ambition is to rez enough people that you can buy MoArcane 3 :D

D

Deletium

tell me this twat, you royal baboon

how many times have you seen a paladin next to a rejuv cleric in the field of battle? Or even a shield specced to protect that cleric from charging, lurking fiends???

when i was active in rvr with my wizard this also was the utmost demotivating reason to continue.... nobody fucking cares about the group if they see an enemy, all draw their weapons charge out while two classes remain behind, casters, as in: long range casters (not pbaoe) and healing classes. Nobody ever stays behind to protect these... so what my point is why should i or anyone else just create a healer to make you (chopfrenzy inconsidderate twats and rp farming hoars) just go berserk even more.

(i did have one mate that used to play a paladin (quited) and that guy was the best pally i ever saw, name: brainsquasher, he stayed by my side and whenever i got down it only took a couple of secs before i was up and running again. I had my shield as a wizard. He also realized that all Kills i did were faster harder and better then plateheads could ever get in the same period of time, things may have changed now with nerv, resists SC etc..)

this may how ever be totally different in the more serious guilds in rvr, the once like SS, FC, HB as i never have been in a full group coached by these peeps. This would be the place where i would perhaps considder creating a (dependant)40 rejuv enh specced cleric. Then i wouldn't even invest in smite if i would have the protection.

so, to make sure some person doesn't go looking for contradictions in my outlets....

1) i tell ppl to make independant characters because as 70 percent of groups are pick-up groups without cooperation and teamplay. You would not have the least bit of fun because you will allways be pissed at the lack of protection or cooperation.

2) if you are rvr'ing in a group with mates, as in eight ppl that deceide to always go togehter, you can opt for a character that needs assistance from his groupies. If not , just don't do it, you'll be the slave of 7 rp hoars. Therefore, solo spec characters are the best way to have a good character. As the only purpose is getting some Rp's and killing something and making sure you have a chance to last the fight.

50 enhance = loads of HP , loads of resists, basic heal protection, and you whack you hammer at a speed that isn't seen verry often, base line stunn, smite is always present so... you can do a lot
50 smite= you kick butt in one on one, you won't win em all but you will be a worthy opponent to enemies/

but don't let me stop ppl from making rejuv clerics... everybody is entitled to their own oppinion and pov.. i just spit out mine :)

tbc

nasdrovnje

hmm after reading this i guess u havent ever tried doin anything but zerging ... and i guess u havent ever tried beating another rvr guild grp 1 vs 1...

And after reading the posts u made here ... its pretty obvious that u have no clue how rvr should or is done by ppl that think about how to play their chars... And our pala's DO protect our sorc/clerics and he actually does a DAMN good job at it ...

But then again .. u never tried decent rvr other than zergs since i doubt no rvr guild would accept u with the attitude ur going for ..

And the attitude ur showing is excactly what makes albion worse than other realms ...

Over and out .. cba to spend more time trying to beat some sense into you..

J

Javai

Originally posted by marchegiani
If i so much as go out of melee range of Belo's cabby he demotes me to recruit.

Oh I so need to try that when I'm playing my Sorc :)

P

parlain

Originally posted by excs
Cant agree more, but imo: 40 rej, 35 enh, 9 smite

40 rej > 41 rej : due to 41 heal cost to much power (imo)

35 enh > 36 enh : imo the points are better spend on smite, you get instant ae smite (great for interupt)

9 smite > 3 smite : you get pbaoe smite (anything higher is a waste imo)

Just imo

Stealing Noret's spec again Spark? ^^

D

Deletium

Originally posted by parlain
Stealing Noret's spec again Spark? ^^

Spark usually steal other ppl's ideas and take credit for it .. :p

:clap:

/hug sparkley

Users who are viewing this thread