New bunch of Beta invites over Usa

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Gahn, Jun 27, 2007.

1. SkarIronfist

SkarIronfist Fledgling Freddie

I think this is the 1st Beta I have applied to in very long time ... In fact it may be the only beta I have applied to in nealy 30 years of gaming (Though in the dawn of gaming the concept of a Beta didn't exist). They pretty much don't tend to interest me at an early stage (Am I the only one who remembers playing Colossal Cave Adventure and Zork ?).

What I would be intrigued to know, what is the bug reporting process and how do you get feedback on whether your bug has been addressed.

Also has the beta that people are running atm been patched at all. So is the Euro version pretty much uptodate with US version.

Also how is the language translation going. Is it being translated as they go, or waiting for a latter stage push on the languages (I would imagine its the 1st one, since you need to be making sure your translation process is working well). Tbh I would imagine all text is in a database, with a last changed date/created date, which would identify new data for translation as it arrives. With a sub date for the retranslated on a language by language basis. It would imagine sub patches for language translations. ;)

Well lets hope that all language text has been properly stripped out of client/ server messaging. So servers can be rationalised between languages without the problems experienced with DAOC. But I can't imagine that mistake being made again.

Ooops went off topic a bit there.

2. Dakkath

Dakkath Can't get enough of FH

Sounds all too familiar... I had exactly teh same issue on that one :/

3. Urme the Legend

Urme the Legend Fledgling Freddie

I'm also playing the beta (EU) atm, give me a tell if someone see me (Urme/Urmee/Flurme).

I hope I didn't break the NDA by telling that :)

4. StyxScout

StyxScout Fledgling Freddie

Congrats on the Beta guys.

I have beta'd so many games i really do feel old. Hell my first online game was Meridian 59 before i moved to UO.

I find myself looking at my WAR profile and email way to often.

Perhaps im just winding myself up.

5. Vasconcelos

Vasconcelos Part of the furniture

Just got a beta invite.......

for Tabula Rasa :(

6. SkarIronfist

Damm thats hard ;)

7. Everz

Everz FH is my second home

givf beta inv :<

8. Whisperess

Whisperess Part of the furniture

Grats Urme. :)

And no, you didn't break any NDA. :p

9. SkarIronfist

I gather Mark Jacobs is also hangering around the Euro Beta as well.

10. Rulke

Rulke Can't get enough of FH

I waved to you but you ignored me :(

11. XanAteA

XanAteA Fledgling Freddie

I havent gotten my mail yet... *sniff* :p

12. Herbal

Herbal Loyal Freddie

Slans will be invited just before the open beta so you will get an invite eventually :)

13. Urme the Legend

Urme the Legend Fledgling Freddie

Must have missed it :confused:

14. Dutch_NS

Dutch_NS Can't get enough of FH

Givf group in beta!!!! :p

15. Whisperess

Some good news when it comes to guild beta invites:

Source

16. Case

Case Fledgling Freddie

Fingers crossed then thats pretty good news. Still wondering quite how they pick the guilds for the beta, is it totally random or do they research the guilds first?

I'm kinda hoping they do some research and pick guilds on merit other beta`s have seemed very random and as I say I've never got into a single beta ever maybe I should have got one of our officers to apply for our guild instead of me ;)

17. Whisperess

Well hopefully it's not entirely random. I for one hope that they scan their entire DB for guildnames as well, and not just go for the most recent ones. I mean, we played for several years - but have been playing other games recently. There's a fine line between loyalty and stubbornness. :)

I'm sure there were a lot of "guilds" that formed just for the signup, several with just 1 or 2 members. Hopefully, old guilds with several members, a website and a track record have at least a chance of some priority.

18. Rulke

Rulke Can't get enough of FH

Fingers crossed for my 1 man guild

<Blowjobs for Beta invites>

19. Ogrelin Blodig

Ogrelin Blodig One of Freddy's beloved

Dunno what to play until I get into beta...I'm so boored :(

20. Roffe

Roffe Fledgling Freddie

In a moment of weakness I accidentally reactivated my WoW account – that’s how bored I am atm.