new beta invites

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
new beta invites for EU, seem to be going out at the min.

not me, but people posting on Warhammer Alliance.

check your mailboxes.

gl.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Guild got a invite and was told we'd get the keys today, but as its getting late i very much doubt we get them. not that i was expecting we would anyway.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
any chance IainC could share some lights on this?

/edit: Euro war site states that all the keys has been sent.
so why have none in my guild that were on the list got a key then?

Wivelrod

Fledgling Freddie
Same here, none of our 20 got their invites, and we was told they'd be included in the invites due to be sent out today.

Naturally their all jumping on me to jump on GOA as they all think we've been overlooked. Hoping we can get some good news about this apparent oversight soon, as anticipation for WAR has been building somewhat on our guild web site, and I really hope they don't start getting all negative now (gamers are fickle beasts!).

Doesn't help of course that I'm already in game, and can't share my experiences with them!

Any news on the matter would be greatly appreciated - and hopefully I can remove my flame proof coat!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Any news on the matter would be greatly appreciated - and hopefully I can remove my flame proof coat!

Yes because were all gonna blame YOU if we got dropped off the list! ;)

(its Thorgald on guild forum btw) ;)

honvik

Fledgling Freddie
:) ah u got 19 others doing that to u eh? i got people phoning me!

honvik

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect they gone home for the day so wont be getting any reply tonight

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I'm at home and can't check the account database or any of the other office-locked apps I'd need to access to be able to tell you why any particular individual hadn't received an email.

As far as I know all the invites should have gone out by now. If people are expecting one but haven't received an email then they should try to log into the war-europe website before assuming they have been missed - in case the email got eaten by spam filters. If they've been invited then the NDA should pop up when they log in.

honvik

Fledgling Freddie
np cheers.

checked with those in guild none have that nor mails. :(

Wivelrod

Fledgling Freddie
Being that none of our 20 allocated members got an email, I doubt its spam filters. Especially as I know several of them are savvy in that regard.

Hope someone can have a look in the morning - I sent an email to Magnus querying the issue, it included the email trail with the list of address that he told me would be in the 5th of August phase.

I daresay its a simple error somewhere :D

mnemonicus

Fledgling Freddie
Same here. Guild got accepted into beta, 20 invites. most got their invite, a few didnt among them yours truly. Anyone we need to contact to get this fixed? It's not in the spam filter and I'm not getting a popup after logging in on war-europe.

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah been a newsletter susbcriber over a year now and no beta invite, gutted.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yeah been a newsletter susbcriber over a year now and no beta invite, gutted.

same.

Have to resign myself to the fact I wont be playing it until release, which thankfully shouldnt be so long now.

Deveon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm at home and can't check the account database or any of the other office-locked apps I'd need to access to be able to tell you why any particular individual hadn't received an email.

As far as I know all the invites should have gone out by now. If people are expecting one but haven't received an email then they should try to log into the war-europe website before assuming they have been missed - in case the email got eaten by spam filters. If they've been invited then the NDA should pop up when they log in.

Hm, what about the case where you're unable to login to your account because you can't reset your password?

Not being able to have a reset link sent to my email registered on my account without remembering my impossible secret questions answer makes me QQ :twak:

I have been trying the war-betacenter email since January lol (no not spamming - total of 4 mails I think) no luck so far, which email are you supposed to use for these issues?

Deveon

Fledgling Freddie
Update on my issue if anyone happens to be suffering from the same issue,

I've been poking around a bit and found out that to get somewhere you need to supply as many details as you can remember from the account you're having login issues with so that GOA can confirm its really you!

so make sure you
1, send a email to their support-line at war-betacenter (at) goa (dot) com from the email you used to create the account.
2, supply login name, display name, address, name on account, emailaddy etc in the email.
3, pray to your diety that you arn't ignored

havn't confirmed that it yields a reply or anything mind you.. but it's the result of my poking around :)

If a GOA customer relations guy reads this, you could reply with a short "please supply more details from your account as we need to verify it's really you" or something on emails not containing enough information. I wasn't even sure the email addy was your support email up til today (trying every now and again since January mind you) :(
or do you really get that many people emailing you trying to reset other peoples account passwords? :p

Dvergar

Regular Freddie
I just stumbled upon MJ's post on VN boards:

5) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are pleased to announce that we will also be inviting our pre-order CE buyers into our Closed Beta test starting next week. There will still be some hardware spec requirements (but they are much lower than our current requirements) since we are still in Closed Beta but we expect that the vast majority of our PO CE buyers will meet the lowered requirements. We gotten a lot of feedback from the community on this point over the last few weeks asking for this and we are now going to make it happen.

Now I know this is for NA, but since I have a Europe CE Pre-order, I wonder will this apply to us as well? Especialy since we have no way to sign our open-beta codes.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Now I know this is for NA, but since I have a Europe CE Pre-order, I wonder will this apply to us as well? Especialy since we have no way to sign our open-beta codes.

Probably not as GOA & Mythic seems to be going on their own ways of doing this all.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I don't know yet what the situation for the EU will be regarding this. To be honest this announcement was a surprise to us as well and so we'll need to talk to Mythic, our other partners and our various internal teams to see what is possible under the circumstances. The timetable we were working to appears to have changed dramatically so we'll need to re-evaluate a lot of things and look at where our resources are at the moment. It's Mythic's prerogative to change things - in fact there have been many changes prior to this that we've worked through together - we just need to see if it's possible to adapt our plans to bring things back into line again. As always our intention will be to try and give the same opportunities to European fans as Mythic give to NA fans but we need to see if it is possible to shuffle our timetable to match given the fact that everything is pretty much committed at the moment to gearing up for launch.

I expect we'll be able to announce what we will be doing for the European fans within the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom