Netflix now banning people who use VPN's etc

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They do think of ways to stop pirating; some of those ways include turning a blind eye to Netflix' laissez faire attitude towards geoblocking, and it works; a few years ago there were no legitimate online pay tv services, now there are several; but broadcast TV deals are still their bread and butter, and will remain so for longer than a lot of us expected, so they have to protect their market. Most of them will have made the calculation that the Netflix' bigger international markets now have enough content to stand on their own without leaching off US access (Netflix will almost certainly have data to back this) and now that Netflix is actually creating more and more of its own stuff it means they also own their own distribution. When Netflix thought blocking US access would hurt them, they made it easy to circumvent their blocks, now, they think it won't really hurt them, and they're probably right.

Hasn't really worked though has it.

With the world getting smaller and smaller, there really needs to be some more international laws and stuff to deal with stuff that is almost wholly dealt with over the internet.

I have no interest in stopping downloading and watching conventional TV; the content where ever I look isn't sufficient, unless you're willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money, and with the amount of money that these distributors are rolling in; fuck that.

Why can the music industry 'make it work' and the film industry can't? £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
There is something bigger going on..surely they could stop people streaming illegal movies...a quick look over my internet history would reveal GBs of streaming...do they just not bother?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They would have to prosecute an awful lot of people, it's become unworkable.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
There is something bigger going on..surely they could stop people streaming illegal movies...a quick look over my internet history would reveal GBs of streaming...do they just not bother?

It used to be the sharing you used to get told off for, rarely though, now they can't do anything iirc? just strongly worded letters?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
geoblocking

wow, there's a word for that cunty license driven behaviour? anyway, just saying and I do know it's me but oooooooooooh I dunno......what if there wasn't a retarded licencing scheme and people could view what they wanted, when they wanted, where ever they wanted, while paying for the privilege?

TheDon

Fledgling Freddie
Why don't the entertainment industry get it.. make content cheap and available enough and people won't circumvent the restrictions and they make more money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom