Netflix now banning people who use VPN's etc

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How else would you describe informing children that they are "displaying their stupidity" then?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
How else would you describe informing children that they are "displaying their stupidity" then?
I keep slapping my boy upside the head every time he does a twizzle :eek:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If I had a kid, I'd inform them that everything you said above, like wrestling, was idiotic bullshit. That's what parents do, right?

Nope, you inform and educate and hopefully provide them the tools to make their own informed decisions. Imprinting your own view of the world is not an intentional process in my view. A natural process of conversation but I usually try to balance out my slightly skewed views on politics etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nope, you inform and educate and hopefully provide them the tools to make their own informed decisions.
Well of course.

However, you don't hide your own opinions.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
It's like Jebus and his dad, me and my wife don't believe but we have never said anything to our kid's either way we just leave them to decide on their own. My daughter is still away with the fairies because she is only 4 but my boy who is 10 has decided that it is all a load of bollocks "pfft a bloke in the sky with a beard?" *but* I do say to him that if it make's you a good person then it doesn't matter what you believe.

What any of this has to do with Netflix being cunts I have no idea though.

FH never goes off topic so sort it out you bunch of fucking stains :eek:

:)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well of course.

However, you don't hide your own opinions.
As I said I do try to balance them out somewhat. If the wife is around she will do the whole, "you can't say that!" routine followed by "ignore your father!" :)

/back on topic

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's like Jebus and his dad, me and my wife don't believe but we have never said anything to our kid's either way we just leave them to decide on their own.
I'd give them my honest opinion and what I think of the opposing opinions - and why I think that.

I wouldn't ram it down their throats, but I wouldn't shy away from giving them honest opinions.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its not going to fix the problem though is it? I will just torrent more and the industry as a whole will get less money from me.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
FH never goes off topic so sort it out you bunch of fucking stains
Roll your own VPN
and use Plex! :eek:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This is like when they made mj a class b and we're like omg peeps still smoking herb omg omg omg

Embattle

FH is my second home
Its not going to fix the problem though is it? I will just torrent more and the industry as a whole will get less money from me.

There has been steady progress on all fronts to make it harder and harder to obtain movies in any way other than how the studios have deemed appropriate, which I've little doubt will continue.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
All of which fail and will continue to fail.

If anything its easier to get pirate stuff since they have tried to stamp it out.

There was one piratebay when they started, now there are thousands. For every one they close, 10+ are created.

I'm not saying they shouldn't protect their revenues just that they are wasting their time if they refuse to offer an alternative.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
People who watch wrestling and think that it's real should be ridiculed. Likewise, people who watch wrestling for the "plot". What the fuck. :D

Comparing the "plot" of wrestling to something like The Walking Dead is weapons-grade stupid.

Embattle

FH is my second home
All of which fail and will continue to fail.

If anything its easier to get pirate stuff since they have tried to stamp it out.

There was one piratebay when they started, now there are thousands. For every one they close, 10+ are created.

I'm not saying they shouldn't protect their revenues just that they are wasting their time if they refuse to offer an alternative.

They'll never get rid of it totally but I generally think there has been a downward trend recently, it certainly isn't as easy as it once was.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh, it may take around 2 minutes longer to find the 1080p version of a TV show as opposed to the 720 version but it certainly isn't getting harder to find stuff in general.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
English lesson over here please.

I said saying wrestling is stupid is similar to saying walking dead is stupid, in the sense that they're both tv shows and you like them or not. No comparison between the shows themselves.

Callous implied that walking dead is better plot wise(implication being quite clear), comparing it to wrestling "plot".

Your english lesson is free this time sir. Or do you need the definition to "compare"?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I wish I could facepalm you to the power of facepalm for that.

Oh you, such a cute little internet warrior on his cute little crusade. Bored this year? Can't get some from the missus? Must be something since you're pestering me at every turn you can. Keep trying though *pat pat*

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Situation created because of Toht's inability not to compare the relatively uncomparable.

Walking Dead is Tolstoy compared to wrestling. If you'd had used Big Brother or some other reality TV retardedness then I'd probably go with you but they're so far apart in so many categories that it was a silly thing to say in the first place...

Disagree if you like - but I bet you one billion internet dollars that the demographics bear it out.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
False. I never compared anything ;)

I never even stated one opinion on the walking dead, only that liking it is of equal value as liking wrestling; personal preference.

Again, you are comparing the two as you say walking dead is tolstoi compared. Which, since you agree with callous, is "weapons grade stupid".

EDIT: also, i haven't disagreed with one thing on this thread. Silly people :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I know wrestling isn't real(as do most who watch it), but it's fun to watch for the soapy-plot-entertainment, the commentary and the stunts. Those are very real. Just another tv show. It's the same if DC brought Injustice as a TV show.

If you don't like the show, that's fine, but it's no different from saying "walking dead is idiotic bullsh*t".

For kids? Let them believe what they believe, feeds the imagination and all that kind of crap.

Despite wrestling obviously being fake, they still take a battering pulling off stunts to please the fans, I think that's whats still appealing about it. Its easy saying its fake but honestly, could any of you break your bodies entertaining people? I know I couldn't :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
could any of you break your bodies entertaining people? I know I couldn't :p

For shitloads of cash?

I'd feel like a massive shyster, but show me the money and the retards I need to fleece. ;)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Despite wrestling obviously being fake, they still take a battering pulling off stunts to please the fans, I think that's whats still appealing about it. Its easy saying its fake but honestly, could any of you break your bodies entertaining people? I know I couldn't :p

Well Magicians have died performing their acts on stage, that still doesn't make magic real does it :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I don't think I've ever met anyone over the age of 8 who actually thought wrestling was real though; so it's not exactly a big conspiracy. Seems like a load of bollocks to me, but so do most things on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom