Netflix now banning people who use VPN's etc

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well Magicians have died performing their acts on stage, that still doesn't make magic real does it :)

Well exactly, wrestlers have died performing too or suffered life long injuries, its what they do to keep their craft going.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't think I've ever met anyone over the age of 8 who actually thought wrestling was real though;

That's the funny part. Most people who don't like wrestling(not for all ofcourse) usually tend to go with the "it's fake" argument, while most of the people watching know full well it's not real.

Hell, ask any wrestling fan if they've seen the Edge documentary(or some other wrestlers), which is bloody likely for fans, and those documentaries show full well it's "fake".

The edge documentary is a great way to see what's so fascinating about wrestling as well.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I said saying wrestling is stupid is similar to saying walking dead is stupid, in the sense that they're both tv shows and you like them or not. No comparison between the shows themselves.

Callous implied that walking dead is better plot wise(implication being quite clear), comparing it to wrestling "plot".

Your english lesson is free this time sir. Or do you need the definition to "compare"?

Seriously?

leggy

Probably Scottish
That's the funny part. Most people who don't like wrestling(not for all ofcourse) usually tend to go with the "it's fake" argumentl.

I don't like it because it's for children. Children without the mental capacity for more demanding pursuits.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Seriously?

If you can show otherwise, then feel free to do so. Otherwise you're just saying random "Eh?" words as arguments. (which is ofcourse not necessarily any indication of your grasp of english....just saying :p)

Funny with you three(correction: "those" two) is that they just blurt out random words in hopes of "winning" some argument you've made up, with not one actually saying why i'm wrong. Kind of hard when you can't isnt it ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
If you can show otherwise, then feel free to do so. Otherwise you're just saying random "Eh?" words as arguments. (which is ofcourse not necessarily any indication of your grasp of english....just saying :p)
I was questioning the need to respond to my post at such length :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well Magicians have died performing their acts on stage, that still doesn't make magic real does it :)
No but that doesn't mean people don't enjoy it and you call those who do idiots.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Funny with you three(correction: "those" two) is that they just blurt out random words in hopes of "winning" some argument you've made up, with not one actually saying why i'm wrong. Kind of hard when you can't isnt it ;)
You said you watch wrestling for the plot. That's hilarious.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Read about this today. The second I can't access US Netflix is the day I cancel my year (so far) long membership and go back to downloading.

Already accidentally have a year long Prime Video membership and sometimes pay the £6 for Now TV for different stuff.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

How does that relate to anything you said about comparing wrestling to the walking dead etc? :LOL:

If you wanted to say that, which is completely different to what you've said so far, then say so originally and don't try to squirm your way out of a f*ckup.

Oh and FYI i said soapy-plot among other things(namely commentary/stunts). That doesn't equal solely to "I watch it for the plot!" and it in no f*cking way equals to "wrestlings plot is equal to walking dead".

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If you wanted to say that, which is completely different to what you've said so far, then say so originally and don't try to squirm your way out of a f*ckup.
People who watch wrestling and think that it's real should be ridiculed. Likewise, people who watch wrestling for the "plot". What the fuck. :D
...it's fun to watch for the soapy-plot-entertainment, the commentary and the stunts. Those are very real.
As for the commentary, the fact that you refer to it as commentary speaks volumes. I remember (from when I was about 12) some dumb bastard in a cowboy hat falling for the same shit again and again ("OMFG THAT TAG TEAM PARTNER DISTRACTED THE REFEREE SO THAT THE OTHER TAG TEAM PARTNER COULD CHEAT AND HIT THAT CHAP WITH A CHAIR WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE EVER THIS IS JUST NOT RIGHT WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!"). They are obviously there to reinforce the idiocy for the benefit of the viewers, they have no tangible benefit as "commentators", they aren't commentating, they are following the same "script" (no doubt written on the back of an envelope) as all of the other play-acters.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Again, failing to read and just repeating "but it's fake!" :p

You have some real trouble with words you know. A shitty plot is a plot, a soapy plot is a plot, a plot is a plot is a plot. Just like the "ohmygoditsfake!" commentary, it's part of the whole package that's wrapped around the core of a stuntshow. It makes the stuntshow more entertaining. A spectacle.

But once more, you don't understand the difference between what you said "lol watching it for plot and comparing it to walking dead" and what i actually said(which was neither). You're not worth the effort, simple as that, like bashing your head against the wall.

Do also note that you once more failed to even try and explain how i'm "wrong", because you can't. You and Scouse started an issue with something that wasn't even an issue. Again.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If you can't see why saying "wrestling is idiotic bullshit" and "The Walking Dead is idiotic bullshit" are anything but the same thing then there's really no helping you. Here's a clue: one of them has won a boatload of awards and is critically acclaimed and the other one hasn't and most definitely isn't.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh a cop out time, yei! Personal preference b*tch.

You done wiggling and embarrassing yourself, or do you want another?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
How dare you like something that he doesn't like?! You should be ashamed of yourself!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not saying he can't like it I'm just saying I fully intend to take the piss because he likes it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How dare you like something that he doesn't like?! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Hey, atleast i didn't mention that even justin bieber has had awards and is "critically acclaimed" and that...oh...WWE has had more critical acclaim, awards and history behind it then all current TV combined.

I'm not saying he can't like it I'm just saying I fully intend to take the piss because he likes it.

Then atleast try. Only thing you've tried is to "prove" i said one thing and then wriggle around like a worm when you're shown you're wrong :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
'Personal preference' isn't an excuse for poor choices. If you make them, we will ridicule you.

In the same way that calling a movie a 'popcorn movie' isn't a good excuse for watching it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Then atleast try. Only thing you've tried is to "prove" i said one thing and then wriggle around like a worm when you're shown you're wrong :p
I've done nothing of the sort. Why would I lower myself to your tactics?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
'Personal preference' isn't an excuse for poor choices.

There's no such thing when it comes to entertainment. Even so, it's other peoples choice to make and the only ones making it poor are those who think they are better.

Or to put it another way; who's making excuses?

I've done nothing of the sort. Why would I lower myself to your tactics?

And the final copout. Bye then :D

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Here's what I personally think, you ready? The Walking Dead is shit, wrestling is shit BUT if you want to watch either and enjoy them then that is your business and no one else's and further more why would I or anyone else use any energy to convince you otherwise? (Plex is shit though:eek:)

Edit - I fucking hate forum replies on my phone, why the fuck would Shit have a capital S arrrggghhhhh it's done it again the cunt!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Here's what I personally think, you ready? The Walking Dead is Shit, wrestling is shit BUT if you want to watch either and enjoy them then that is your business and no one else's and further more why would I or anyone else use any energy to convince you otherwise? (Plex is shit though:eek:)

*grumbles*

*grinds teeth*

:eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You're an idiot.

Well i can leave you with a final thought;

A mad man on the street rambling about the end of the world may be a loonie, but it's the man arguing with that loonie who looks like a fool.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A mad man on the street rambling about the end of the world may be a loonie, but it's the man arguing with that loonie who looks like a fool.
So... you're mentally ill? Is that what you're saying?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't have many people on FH on ignore but even though I can only see half this thread, it confirms that I made the right choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom