Nerf Sorc mezz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
evial bloodstone said:
I think that all cc should be nerfed, so who gets the first mezz in, dont just win. Whod be nice to make it more like beta, where a grp just did not run in and pawned but there was more stand offs and fighting.
This is hardly the case, winning the mezz is good, and sometimes even crucial if your group is a caster-based one, but does not equal a win. As for stand offs, can you say "booooring"? I remember hours of Hibs or Mids camping AMG (or Albs camping MMG) in the Beta.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
u know what balanced is?

All roll lvl 1 characters and go emain.
No armor, only ur free weapons and no buffbots

and go 100vs100vs100:touch:

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Any Midd healer or Bard who can NOT beat Sorc mezz, needs to reroll a new Char :D

A Sorc has to stop then Cast his mezz. You guys can just run up mezz then run away. Im not joking btw :D

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
I would bet that you were within 1500, rather than between 1500-1750, in which case... why on earth are you complaining?

If I'm reading your original post right, you got mezzed by the sorc - but the sorc didn't kill you, just just got zerged while mezzed. If that's right, I don't see how that makes sorcs over powered. You just got unlucky.

Lol i frikking know how far 1500 range is, and 1850 - 1500 is a HUGE diffrence.
I dont know what they thought when they made that class.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Namefake said:
Shows what you know, Sorcerer mezz was originally 1500 range and only bumped to bolt range in response to feedback and testing in real RvR. Now get over yourself and stop crying.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Namefake said:
Why even bother to reply on this silly post made by an Albtard.

Cuz THAT CLASS IS OVERPOWERED. Give the mezz to the clerics or whatever, nerf the mezz, the mezz damper, pom and speed. Then we can compare it to other classes.

Funny.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Namefake said:
Why even bother to reply on this silly post made by an Albtard.

Cuz THAT CLASS IS OVERPOWERED. Give the mezz to the clerics or whatever, nerf the mezz, the mezz damper, pom and speed. Then we can compare it to other classes.

roflol.com!

Yes pls give the mind spells into smite line. 3 clerics for the r0x0rz meijts!!1 :m00:

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Namefake said:

Wanna tell us how much RvR experience you actually possess since you seem to know the ups and downs of each class and RvR performance?
Edit: Found that one allready actually:

[03:49:06] <TiwazBot> Name: Namefake IsKraem <Fellowship Of Midgard> Race: kobold Class:Spiritmaster Level:50 RP: 249,584 (RR4L1) Last Week: 22,429 Realm: Midgard

Belomar said:
Shows what you know, Sorcerer mezz was originally 1500 range and only bumped to bolt range in response to feedback and testing in real RvR. Now get over yourself and stop crying.

Good that there's some oldies teaching noobs of times when they didnt even know what "daoc" was. :cool:

Instants are way better than sorc mezz, our guild pachealers win against sorcs... something like 90% of inital mezzes, often the sorc gets free/purges/BoFkites and mezzes after that.

Sorc mezz is very good at fights you dont go heads tho... Mr namenoob, get a fucking clue about rvr before coming here to whine? kk?

PS. And concerning your initial post, what should we nerf there? Albs zerging you?

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
someone should stop drinking paint ;x

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
This is hardly the case, winning the mezz is good, and sometimes even crucial if your group is a caster-based one, but does not equal a win. As for stand offs, can you say "booooring"? I remember hours of Hibs or Mids camping AMG (or Albs camping MMG) in the Beta.

Only way i can see bard insta mezz can be bether is when you roam and meet you enemy, but this game was not meant for roaming its for large scale warefare. So if your defending/attacing a keep or ambushing, range is wery importent. I did alot of mixed grps whit my chanter, and most of the time it was geting a grp, waiting for bard/healers, run to emain, get mezzed /releas o rp and wait for new bard/healer. Mezz might not be a sure winn but its dam close. If NF is going to be eny thing like beta NF i hope you got lots of crafting to do, cous i did see alot of stand offs.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
Only way i can see bard insta mezz can be bether is when you roam and meet you enemy, but this game was not meant for roaming its for large scale warefare. So if your defending/attacing a keep or ambushing, range is wery importent. I did alot of mixed grps whit my chanter, and most of the time it was geting a grp, waiting for bard/healers, run to emain, get mezzed /releas o rp and wait for new bard/healer. Mezz might not be a sure winn but its dam close. If NF is going to be eny thing like beta NF i hope you got lots of crafting to do, cous i did see alot of stand offs.

In hundreds of keep seiges, I can't remember mezz swinging a battle once. The only exception to that is if you're attacking a keep and get caught by incoming from behind who mezz you - in in that case, 1850 range isn't much of an advantage over 1500.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
evial bloodstone said:

A good group can loose mezz and survive, a bad one cant... Altough as hib you should know what GP is :p

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Gordonax said:
In hundreds of keep seiges, I can't remember mezz swinging a battle once. The only exception to that is if you're attacking a keep and get caught by incoming from behind who mezz you - in in that case, 1850 range isn't much of an advantage over 1500.
Not wishing to keep this going for any longer than required, and not strictly a keep siege I remember a DH video at amg :)

Even as an Alb I had to have a little giggle at it...

Mez wins fight :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kalba said:
A good group can loose mezz and survive, a bad one cant... Altough as hib you should know what GP is :p

it's easier when you have instants to come back from a lost mezz too (as the moment you get demezzed by the damage you're mezzing, whereas a quickcast has a 2s fixed cast which doesn't guarantee you won't be dead - instant pbaoe mezz has saved my group from a pbaoe bomb a couple of times before.)

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Difference between 1500 and 1875 is minimal at speed 6, specially if the 1500 range person just lag casts it - which you'll see a lot more of come NF.

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
main issue with sorc is probably not the mez, its that they don't have to spec for their lifetap like both mid lifetappers do.

they are v high utility with the bolt range mez (ofc they need it to combat instas) which is also bolt range aoe interrupt, yellow-con pet, base lifetap, self pom (which is nice- you don't realise how nice till you play a char without it, especially solo), mez dampening, speed.. it's just hard sometimes to compare a sorc to any class in mid, and when you see a vid of a sorc mezzing 4 or 5 people then lifetapping them to death one by one, you do feel it would be nice to be able to do the same :p

lifetap is too good a thing to be baseline for any realm imo, alb, mid or hib. swap that for a body dd, leave their specline a lifetap and i'd be happy :)

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Wanna tell us how much RvR experience you actually possess since you seem to know the ups and downs of each class and RvR performance?
Edit: Found that one allready actually:

[03:49:06] <TiwazBot> Name: Namefake IsKraem <Fellowship Of Midgard> Race: kobold Class:Spiritmaster Level:50 RP: 249,584 (RR4L1) Last Week: 22,429 Realm: Midgard

Good that there's some oldies teaching noobs of times when they didnt even know what "daoc" was. :cool:

Instants are way better than sorc mezz, our guild pachealers win against sorcs... something like 90% of inital mezzes, often the sorc gets free/purges/BoFkites and mezzes after that.

Sorc mezz is very good at fights you dont go heads tho... Mr namenoob, get a fucking clue about rvr before coming here to whine? kk?

PS. And concerning your initial post, what should we nerf there? Albs zerging you?

I fekking know that instas are better, but if u read my previous posts then you will c that im talking about the sorc class and that the mezz doesnt belong to that class IMO. I also said give the mezz to another class. Give albs isnta mezz just nerf the sorc mezz due to they already got ALOT of benefits that other classes doesnt have. To much benefits. If you wouldnt be a 14 year old alb wannabe then you would know. I dont care what daoc was, im speaking of what it is now, i dont care if it was 1500 back then, its 1850 now. You said its good in fight, ofc they are thats what this thread is all about, are you stupid? And if u can read, read the topic then you would know its all about that mezz NOT the zerg. SO STFU AND GO PLAY KEWL SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Namefake said:
I fekking know that instas are better, but if u read my previous posts then you will c that im talking about the sorc class and that the mezz doesnt belong to that class IMO. I also said give the mezz to another class. Give albs isnta mezz just nerf the sorc mezz due to they already got ALOT of benefits that other classes doesnt have. To much benefits. If you wouldnt be a 14 year old alb wannabe then you would know. I dont care what daoc was, im speaking of what it is now, i dont care if it was 1500 back then, its 1850 now. You said its good in fight, ofc they are thats what this thread are all about, are you stupid? And if u can read, read the topic then you would know its all about that mezz NOT the zerg. SO STFU AND GO PLAY KEWL SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I'd say reroll alb and try it out but I really don't want you in my realm :p

In particular:
Namefake said:
just nerf the sorc mezz due to they already got ALOT of benefits that other classes doesnt have. To much benefits.

and you play a healer? anyone else finding this amusing?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
I fekking know that instas are better, but if u read my previous posts then you will c that im talking about the sorc class and that the mezz doesnt belong to that class IMO. I also said give the mezz to another class. Give albs isnta mezz just nerf the sorc mezz due to they already got ALOT of benefits that other classes doesnt have. To much benefits. If you wouldnt be a 14 year old alb wannabe then you would know. I dont care what daoc was, im speaking of what it is now, i dont care if it was 1500 back then, its 1850 now. You said its good in fight, ofc they are thats what this thread are all about, are you stupid? And if u can read, read the topic then you would know its all about that mezz NOT the zerg. SO STFU AND GO PLAY KEWL SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Mommy !!!

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

NOOOOO!!! We don't want that in alb :D

Test on Gorre but don't roll alb.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sorry, I hate to say this, and I generally try not to except in pathological cases, but I am afraid it is inevitable here: You truly are retarded. I think some Fellowship of Midgard officer should rein you in before you embarass yourself further.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

In particular:

and you play a healer? anyone else finding this amusing?

Ive already tried out Alb on Gorre, and Sorcs are overpowered. Do i have to say it again?

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sorry, I hate to say this, and I generally try not to except in pathological cases, but I am afraid it is inevitable here: You truly are retarded. I think some Fellowship of Midgard officer should rein you in before you embarass yourself further.

Ye, so the truth is retarded, hmm k.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Namefake said:
Ye, so the truth is retarded, hmm k.
There is no truth in any of your statements. You kick, you spit, you swear, you attack people without reason nor remorse, yet however much you try, however red in the face you become, this is not the truth you are presenting--it is your own biased view, and like the child you are, you refuse to listen to any other viewpoints. That you happen to play a very well-balanced class yourself just adds to the irony of this all--perhaps if you had some skills you would know how to handle a Sorcerer. Until then, I suggest you shut up, shape up, and count to ten before you post inane ramblings on a public forum the next time.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
There is no truth in any of your statements. You kick, you spit, you swear, you attack people without reason nor remorse, yet however much you try, however red in the face you become, this is not the truth you are presenting--it is your own biased view, and like the child you are, you refuse to listen to any other viewpoints. That you happen to play a very well-balanced class yourself just adds to the irony of this all--perhaps if you had some skills you would know how to handle a Sorcerer. Until then, I suggest you shut up, shape up, and count to ten before you post inane ramblings on a public forum the next time.

Before i count to 10, read the 10 previous posts made by people replying to my posts and c how many that do cocky answers like your instead of talking about the mezz. This isent about how to handle a sorc, ive already played it, compared it, and in my point if view they are overpowered, then tell me what that has to do with licking paint from walls and be called retarded. Who is childish in that case?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
ive already played it, compared it, and in my point if view they are overpowered, then tell me what that has to do with licking paint from walls and be called retarded. Who is childish in that case?

You've played a sorc for a maximum of two weeks (and more likely a few evenings) on a testserver that is nothing like a real-world RvR experience (anyone on Gorre got max resists/lots of artifacts? No?) and you claim you know everything about a class...

...and you wonder why people aren't taking you seriously?

Let's say it again: YOU WOULD HAVE GOT ZERGED AND DIED HAD THAT SORC MEZZED YOU FROM 1850, 1500, OR 1200. You would still have died.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'm gonna have to roll out the olde "someone died in DF" response:

someone got owned!

retro! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom