Nerf Sorc mezz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
3.0s would make it slower than a base nuke or spec nuke, atm it's not only better in terms of effect than a base nuke (you get the same damage plus 50% life returned), it's also faster. That seems like it's just a bit too good.
BTW 3.0s would make best speed 1.2s, which is a 20% nerf over the 1.0s of the current LT. 20% less speed means 20% less damage so it would make a fairly significant difference. Yes it would be a nerf, but then it's a baseline nuke, they're not meant to be godly. Those who wanted an uber-nuker sorc could still spec for the body spec nuke.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Namefake said:
if you compare the SMs with the sorcs, Mind is the most common spec, then you get area mezz and Power regen, so when i complain on the area mezz, they frikking got pom in the same spec line, so stfu whoever thought he was überspecknowzor.

SMs got intercepting pets, woho.. what the feck, does that help u when getting mezzed from a ridiculous bolt range with a radius on 400.

........Nor will help you from getting mezzed from a bard or eld or air theurg. Nor will help you from being debuffed, stunned, nuked, rooted, snared, nearsighted,....

Get the point: a sm pet with a couple of shammy buffs intercepts 90% of melee attacks, and more funny, you can deplete 2 end bars of intercepted hits and that blue pet will still be at 80% hps, thats silly n should be tonned down.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
lol Gordonax, there are 100000000000 places in df, 1500-1875. IE if u run up towards alb side you turn to the right for some mins, then u run straight ahead and u are at the alb entrence, there is my example taken from. But as i said, just an example. And that mezz is still overpowered.

Generation, its wrong to give that mezz to a class that already is overpowered. Give it to another class and gimp the already existing überbenefits and their huge arsenal.

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
i dont know how anyone who plays a sm can say a sorc is overpowered. That intercepting pet is obcene.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Namefake said:
As long as im in cast range and they dont succeed with their fekking mezz, then they are easy. But if they start to nuke, ill die in a second. The Sorcerer class are Overpowered, u know it, but since everyone is rerolling to albion, then it isent overpowered, the same with the Savages before.

I wonder how I manage to kill sorcs all the time with my sm then, despite most encounters starts off with me getting mezzed :|

Danya said:
Sorcs should win vs a SM if they get jump - AE mez takes out both the SM and the pet from longer range than they can attack back from. It doesn't take many LTs to kill a caster.

Getting mezzed ain't the end of the world, y'know.

Danya said:
Met a solo SM on my ment on gorre last night, I got the drop, he died. :p

Strange, wonder if that got anything to do with mezz 'immunity' and op stun? :touch:

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Tulkos said:
i dont know how anyone who plays a sm can say a sorc is overpowered. That intercepting pet is obcene.

Hello, I'm a SMoholic, and I believe sorcs are overpowered :(

... altho sm is pretty evil too ;p just not *that* bad as clueless people make it out to be :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
Strange, wonder if that got anything to do with mezz 'immunity' and op stun? :touch:
What mezz immunity? I had no pet. I did say I got the jump, I jumped him with stun and then 3 shot him before his pet could reach me. Point was - whoever strikes first will often win in caster vs caster. Had the SM caught me unawares it's unlikely I'd have survived (well maybe on live servers as I could tether his pet, but no STT on Gorre).

Ghostly

Fledgling Freddie
Tulkos said:

The intercepting pet does fuck all against bolt range 400 radius mezz tho, plus, come new frontiers, the RR5 sorc ability > intercepting SM pet. The problem with sorcs is that they have both UBER mezz (which imho (notice the imho) is way better then insta mezz) and VERY decent damage capabilities not found combined in one char in the other realms. Ask sorcs if they would want to switch their lifetaps for chain armor and most would say 'no', I bet :)

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
bla bla bla bla ... Just give Healers 1850 Range LT , and Bard could get like 1850 range LT as well and they are ballanced with sorcs ;D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Ghostly said:
The intercepting pet does fuck all against bolt range 400 radius mezz tho, plus, come new frontiers, the RR5 sorc ability > intercepting SM pet. The problem with sorcs is that they have both UBER mezz (which imho (notice the imho) is way better then insta mezz) and VERY decent damage capabilities not found combined in one char in the other realms. Ask sorcs if they would want to switch their lifetaps for chain armor and most would say 'no', I bet :)

so? ;o you cant really compare an rr5 ability with a baseline pet ;o?

and ofc they would say no... they didn't roll it it to be a healer did they? they rolled it to be a sorc ffs... stop using such a lame argument and get a clue ><

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Danya said:
What mezz immunity? I had no pet.

My bad, I simply presumed that as seeing a menta without pet, is like... Rain in Sahara ;)

[qoute=Danya]I did say I got the jump, I jumped him with stun and then 3 shot him before his pet could reach me. Point was - whoever strikes first will often win in caster vs caster. Had the SM caught me unawares it's unlikely I'd have survived (well maybe on live servers as I could tether his pet, but no STT on Gorre).[/QUOTE]

Depends on the MU tbh. Some casters are better at surviving than others (in particular classes with nearsight or stun/mezz to counter an ambush with, lifetapping is ofcourse an advantage in itself as well). An, imo, huge difference however, is that the menta can still fight back, even if the sm got the jump, and thereby has a realistic (if unfavourable) chance of winning, whereas a sm who's gotten stunned is next to chanceless.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Aerendur said:
Baseline stun should be 9 seconds PvE and 5 seconds RvR.

baseline stuns lasts about 3-4 secs on det tanks. anyway, i rarely use it in RvR, just not worth casting. it is great in PvE, i agree, but in RvR... could easily live without it.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
eSo said:
baseline stuns lasts about 3-4 secs on det tanks. anyway, i rarely use it in RvR, just not worth casting. it is great in PvE, i agree, but in RvR... could easily live without it.

Well - many of your fellow hibs certainly do use it.
I can't count the amount of times I've been stunned and then nuked to death, by the hib. baseline stun. I shudder at the thought of what it should be like if hibs. actually thought it was usefull in RvR.

Anyways - OT: I also think the sorcerer mezz is to powerful, but there is not likely going to happen anything by complaing about it. I don't think Mytic really cares that the sorcerer is that powerful.
They are just so very fotm, so I guess now every powerlevel necromancer will be stuck with a sorcerer on them now instead of a iwinstrel or infiltrator :)

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
Well - many of your fellow hibs certainly do use it.
I can't count the amount of times I've been stunned and then nuked to death, by the hib. baseline stun. I shudder at the thought of what it should be like if hibs. actually thought it was usefull in RvR.

Anyways - OT: I also think the sorcerer mezz is to powerful, but there is not likely going to happen anything by complaing about it. I don't think Mytic really cares that the sorcerer is that powerful.
They are just so very fotm, so I guess now every powerlevel necromancer will be stuck with a sorcerer on them now instead of a iwinstrel or infiltrator :)
Whats the problem about baseline stun? Mid groups run 2 healers, at least 1 will be a pac healer and will probally have aoe stun as well as aoe insta stun...

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tulkos said:

yap intercept rate on pet is a bit too much, but nowdays only assassins are upset about it (not mucho tanks around , at least from alb) and the pet doesnt rly help much against n00kers. Anyways, all specline nooks should be lvl 50 tbh :<

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Kaap said:
Whats the problem about baseline stun? Mid groups run 2 healers, at least 1 will be a pac healer and will probally have aoe stun as well as aoe insta stun...

A hib.player said he didn't use it much because he didn't find it that usefull.
I simply commented on that - with the notion that I fear to think how the stun spell would look, for people to consider it "useful".
Especially considering how often I'm stunned from hib. spellcasters in RvR - and how many times I've died due to it in RvR. (which goes for other players as well, I'm sure)
I didn't say anything about the "problem" with it, now did I? :rolleyes:

But while on that topic - I do think that the hib. baseline stun is overpowered, because it is located on classes that can dish out massive damage a number of times before the (delved) timer runs its course.
Healer stun might be just as powerfull, but still requiers more then one person to do the same damage in the alotted time.

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
Poor little middies for not having bolt-range mezz. Its a shame when you see someone coming forward, almost stuttering and in tears, because he got owned completely and utterly. It would be a laugh if Mythic or Goa would even bother paying attention to people who would be better off sucking up to the facts that they got owned instead of whining about that they want to play against an enemy who cant fight back.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
My bad, I simply presumed that as seeing a menta without pet, is like... Rain in Sahara ;)
Most ments run petless, they're a bit of a liability in RvR compared to say sorcerer pets. :p

Shrye said:
Depends on the MU tbh. Some casters are better at surviving than others (in particular classes with nearsight or stun/mezz to counter an ambush with, lifetapping is ofcourse an advantage in itself as well). An, imo, huge difference however, is that the menta can still fight back, even if the sm got the jump, and thereby has a realistic (if unfavourable) chance of winning, whereas a sm who's gotten stunned is next to chanceless.
The real problem tends to be you're dead before QC stun lands if you get jumped, unless you get jumped by someone unbuffed and in epic. :p SMs can still purge although even that's not a great chance - without purge on gorre it really is game over due to low resists (also I have 25% dur there so 11.25s stun before resists :p).

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Tharion said:
No you don't :)

And why only sorcs FFS, no one remembers that Cabas got same fecking spell. But noooooo only sorcs are targeted!
lol

Most people know that sorc's have a tad more utility than cabi's, I might consider drop the dmg on base LT *IF* we had speed and got a free respec and had intercepting pets :) oouu oouu and personal pwr crack erm and demez.....and ...blah never gonna happen

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
TBH cabbies can debuff their own LT and exceed debuff chanter damage, they're at least as much in line for a nerf of it as sorcs.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Jika said:
well .. SM pet is overpowered tho .. and u cant realy complain about sorc mezz range .. caus every good bard will win mezz vs sorc .. if grp rvr ofc ;o
and shouldnt be a big problem for healer .. caus when u run on speed6 into albs and they are running towards u .. insta is win xD
Erm you must be new here :p , Mids and Hibs always say instas never win........

:flame:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Danya said:
TBH cabbies can debuff their own LT and exceed debuff chanter damage, they're at least as much in line for a nerf of it as sorcs.
Nah, not much else going for them, perhaps if each cabi got a juggy on a 5 min timer people would accept it but cabis are pretty much a one trick pony in rvr.

Now, if you have a seriously tricked out cabi with all the RA's in the world and a mincer mate and happen to be RR10ish then sure, screw util, you'll own...

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
ALL Lifetap's hit harder per delve point than DDs, so if you want to nerf the Sorc's LT you have to nerf any Lifetap caster:
Sorc, Cabby, Spiritmaster, Bonedancer, Animist, Valewalker...... maybe missing some. Are you positive you want to do that?

How much do you think the LT hits for without debuff against decent resists? It's certainly not the 500 bullcrap that gets touted around on VN.

Go high mind for the 400 radius AOE mezz, and watch just how quickly you can burn your power bar casting LT.

It's so easy for people to moan about a class without playing it themselves. Sorcs are, a solid class: definately, one of albions best all round classes: certainly, target number one: absolutely, overpowered: situationally, but so are quite a few classes.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Nah, not much else going for them, perhaps if each cabi got a juggy on a 5 min timer people would accept it but cabis are pretty much a one trick pony in rvr.
Not like chanters are bursting at a seems with utility either really. :p

Arkian said:
ALL Lifetap's hit harder per delve point than DDs, so if you want to nerf the Sorc's LT you have to nerf any Lifetap caster:
Sorc, Cabby, Spiritmaster, Bonedancer, Animist, Valewalker...... maybe missing some. Are you positive you want to do that?
It's not so much the damage as the speed - it has the same delve as baseline DD, but casts faster, does that really seem fair given it also returns life, which base DD doesn't?

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
I wasn't saying that an LT when compared to a DD was fair, moreover I was saying that it applies to ALL LTs for all classes so any change would be global. Personally it wouldn't bother me massively if they upped the speed to 2.6 or even 2.8, it would however have to be done to ALL LTs across the board and then the balance of the affected classes after the change looked at.

I just get really annoyed seeing all the talk of 500 damage per nuke, when the reality against good resists is MUCH less.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Also the point on cabby's debuffing their own damage is only due to the damage bonus on LTs and the 0.1 seconds difference in cast time. Counterpoint it with the fact that the chanter is much less likely to be facing 50% heat resists than the cabby is to be facing 50% body resists, and when debuffed damage is so high that the 0.1 second cast time makes pretty much no difference. If somebody dies in 3 to 4 nukes then would 0.3 to 0.4 seconds make a huge difference?

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Tay said:

Now, if you have a seriously tricked out cabi with all the RA's in the world and a mincer mate and happen to be RR10ish then sure, screw util, you'll own...

Nearsight, body debuff, single target debuffs (str+dex), pet, lifetap and root is what constitutes 1-trick ponies these days?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
lol Gordonax, there are 100000000000 places in df, 1500-1875. IE if u run up towards alb side you turn to the right for some mins, then u run straight ahead and u are at the alb entrence, there is my example taken from. But as i said, just an example. And that mezz is still overpowered.

So, where exactly were you then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom