Nerf Sorc mezz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
You've played a sorc for a maximum of two weeks (and more likely a few evenings) on a testserver that is nothing like a real-world RvR experience (anyone on Gorre got max resists/lots of artifacts? No?) and you claim you know everything about a class...

...and you wonder why people aren't taking you seriously?

Let's say it again: YOU WOULD HAVE GOT ZERGED AND DIED HAD THAT SORC MEZZED YOU FROM 1850, 1500, OR 1200. You would still have died.

All ive said was that the mezz is to good to fit that class that already got enough of benefits. I dont know everything about sorcs, which ive never stated, but i find them overpowered. Im not wondering why people aint taking me seriously, just wondering why some ppl need to use that language to get somewhere.

Let me say it again: IT'S NOT THAT CASE IN DF THAT MADE ME MAKE THIS THREAD. I WAS GONNA MAKE IT SOONER OR LATER, DONT THINK IM THE FIRST ONE TO MAKE ONE. ITS UNFAIR THAT ALBS DONT GOT INSTA MEZZ LIKE IVE SAID A COUPLE OF TIMES, BUT GIVING A MEZZ LIKE THE ONES THAT SORCS GOT IS ALSO UNFAIR. Give it to, ehm Armsmans? :p or whatever.

Personal attacks in DAoC forums doesnt belong here, that just show what kinda LowLifes some ppl in Albion are. Not pointed to everyone in Alb..

Tired of this discussion now. Thx for the uncocky replies that some ppl wrote.
Hope GoA make something about this.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
Let me say it again: IT'S NOT THAT CASE IN DF THAT MADE ME MAKE THIS THREAD. I WAS GONNA MAKE IT SOONER OR LATER, DONT THINK IM THE FIRST ONE TO MAKE ONE. ITS UNFAIR THAT ALBS DONT GOT INSTA MEZZ LIKE IVE SAID A COUPLE OF TIMES, BUT GIVING A MEZZ LIKE THE ONES THAT SORCS GOT IS ALSO UNFAIR. Give it to, ehm Armsmans? :p or whatever.

Oh, trust me. We'd LOVE for (say) clerics to get bolt range mezz. Or even 1500 range mezz plus instas. But I very, very much doubt that the majority of either Hibs or Mids would like it. The incoming whine would be deafening.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Compare...

Namefake said:
I dont know everything about sorcs, which ive never stated, but i find them overpowered.

...and contrast:

namefake said:
Ive already tried out Alb on Gorre, and Sorcs are overpowered. Do i have to say it again?

...and contrast:

namefake said:
This isent about how to handle a sorc, ive already played it, compared it, and in my point if view they are overpowered

So while admitting that you don't know everything about sorcs, you're happy after your few hours of playing one to say that they're overpowered? Or when you mentioned that you'd played one, was that simply irrelevant?

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Compare...

...and contrast:

...and contrast:

So while admitting that you don't know everything about sorcs, you're happy after your few hours of playing one to say that they're overpowered? Or when you mentioned that you'd played one, was that simply irrelevant?

Kneel before your master!

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
1v1 a sorc is a fantastic class, but it's all situational. In fg v fg, or even zerg v zerg RvR a sorcs primary job is to win the mezz-off, after that a good sorc (in my opinion) doesn't start nuking. Instead they should concentrate on interupting enemy casters/healers who purge, unless they're in a debuff/assist group (but i'd still like to have at least 1 sorc interupting).

A mind spec sorc really won't nuke too hard unless you got shit resists or been debuffed, at 44m 31b i only nuke for 350-400 on targets without resist buffs, and can be as low as 250 on fully resist buffed folks.

Conclusion: in certain situations sorcs are overpowered, but the same can be said for many classes. In general RvR they are balanced since their main job is CC/interupt, which ain't always easy as a cloth wearing caster with ~1500 hp's. Any bard/healer who can't win mezz-off against a sorc when they're movin at speed 6 (especially bards who can insta-amnesia on contact) needs to practise a hell of a lot more.

Aussie

Banned
Namefake said:
Ive already tried out Alb on Gorre, and Sorcs are overpowered. Do i have to say it again?
xDDDDDD

Gorre means everything

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Compare...

...and contrast:

...and contrast:

What is left to know?, tell me. And lets say its like this. You have seen a movie, now u wanna read the book. When i first made this thread ive seen the movie and wanna read the book instead. At this point im almost done reading. So tell me when u read a book, dont u know more about it after you have read lets say 1/2 of it than u did in the beginning? And its like, "you dont know anything about sorcs just cuz u havent played one". Then why the hell do u complain about savages before the nerf. U havent played them for lets say a year, then u dont know anything about them. Same fekking thing.

1 thing more, whats funny about your quote about my quotes?

I dont know everything about sorcs, which ive never stated, but ive tried to play as one on Gorre, and Sorcs are overpowered. But this isent about how to handle a sorc.

I can quote you. YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A CLASS IF U HAVENT PLAYED AS ONE FOR A LOOONG TIME. IF U MADE A LEVEL 50 CHAR, ALMOST THE SAME CLASS AS YOURS BUT WITH ALOT MORE BENEFITS, THEN U DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. CUZ IT TAKES AGES TO LEARN HOW TO PoM, Speed, Amnesia, Confusion, Charm, MEzz dampening and alot more works.. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Owned?

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
tedStar said:
Kneel before your master!

Would i kneel before a guy, talking about not knowing anything about a class, cuz you havent played as one? LOL?! HJAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

Do me a favour, write (y) on msn to urself. :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Generation said:
A mind spec sorc really won't nuke too hard unless you got shit resists or been debuffed, at 44m 31b i only nuke for 350-400 on targets without resist buffs, and can be as low as 250 on fully resist buffed folks.
Always comedy to get nuked on gorre by a sorc for <200 then qc stun and nuke back for 550. :x

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
What is left to know?, tell me.

That clunking sound you hear is my jaw hitting the floor. If you really believe that you can learn all there is to know about the power of a class from playing a few days on a server where not only does everyone have shit resists, but they're running around learning the terrain and generally having a laugh, there's not much left to say.

Namefake said:
And its like, "you dont know anything about sorcs just cuz u havent played one". Then why the hell do u complain about savages before the nerf. U havent played them for lets say a year, then u dont know anything about them. Same fekking thing.

Actually, you were that one that was claiming that sorcs were overpowered and then throwing in that you'd played one on Gorre. I, like everyone else, assumed that meant you were saying "I've played one, therefore I know they're overpowered." If that wasn't what you were saying, then all your comments about having played one on Gorre are just irrelevant dross.

Namefake said:
I can quote you. YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A CLASS IF U HAVENT PLAYED AS ONE FOR A LOOONG TIME. IF U MADE A LEVEL 50 CHAR, ALMOST THE SAME CLASS AS YOURS BUT WITH ALOT MORE BENEFITS, THEN U DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. CUZ IT TAKES AGES TO LEARN HOW TO PoM, Speed, Amnesia, Confusion, Charm, MEzz dampening and alot more works.. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

OK, now you're talking gibberish. Can someone translate?

Namefake said:

In your dreams.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
IN response to the people that say you need to have played a sorcerer for a significant periode of time in order to deem if it it overpowered or not .....

I wonder if people that complain about <insert random mid.class here> or <insert random hib. class here> has played any of them for any significant periode of time.
For instance - savage, healer, bonedancer, bezerker, shadowblade just to mention a few of the ones I've seen complained about over the times.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Xandax said:
IN response to the people that say you need to have played a sorcerer for a significant periode of time in order to deem if it it overpowered or not .....

I wonder if people that complain about <insert random mid.class here> or <insert random hib. class here> has played any of them for any significant periode of time.
For instance - savage, healer, bonedancer, bezerker, shadowblade just to mention a few of the ones I've seen complained about over the times.

I believe Namefake was the person who brought up the fact that he'd played a sorc and therefore knew it was overpowered. I replied "yeah, you know all about playing the class from a few sessions on a test server." The point is you can't compare how a class works on a test server to how it works on a real server.

The fact is that I don't think there are any wildly overpowered classes in DAoC at the moment. What there are, however, are classes which perform better in a given set of circumstances. To a stealther, a necro is madly overpowered because a buffed necro pet is pretty much the ultimate stealther killer, if the stealther is daft enough to attack. But against a caster, a necro is easy meat. Sorcs are good solo, but weaker in groups. Mincers are average in regular groups but evul in stealth groups. And so on, in all the realms.

In other words, how well a class performs is situational - and that's exactly how it should be.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax : Sorcs are good solo, but weaker in groups

hmm... are you sure about that? xD Sorcs seem to be quite strong in the alb groups ive encountered

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
I believe Namefake was the person who brought up the fact that he'd played a sorc and therefore knew it was overpowered. I replied "yeah, you know all about playing the class from a few sessions on a test server." The point is you can't compare how a class works on a test server to how it works on a real server.

The fact is that I don't think there are any wildly overpowered classes in DAoC at the moment. What there are, however, are classes which perform better in a given set of circumstances. To a stealther, a necro is madly overpowered because a buffed necro pet is pretty much the ultimate stealther killer, if the stealther is daft enough to attack. But against a caster, a necro is easy meat. Sorcs are good solo, but weaker in groups. Mincers are average in regular groups but evul in stealth groups. And so on, in all the realms.

In other words, how well a class performs is situational - and that's exactly how it should be.

Ye, i play as a sorc and wanna nerf myself. Ofc i would be happy if they gave SMs all spells in the game, i wouldnt say they were to good aslong as i could take advantage of it.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Gordonax : Sorcs are good solo, but weaker in groups

hmm... are you sure about that? xD Sorcs seem to be quite strong in the alb groups ive encountered

Compared with other realm's primary mezzers, yes, I'd say so.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
Ye, i play as a sorc and wanna nerf myself. Ofc i would be happy if they gave SMs all spells in the game, i wouldnt say they were to good aslong as i could take advantage of it.

Not only does this barely make sense, it doesn't follow from anything I wrote.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's obvious by now Gordonax that Namefake has no brain. You should really just ignore his nonsensical ramblings.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
LEAVE THAT BUCKET OF TASTY LEADBASED PAINT ALONE NOW OK?

Dangart

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes i really wonder where people get their things from...but then again, its funny to read :p

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Namefake said:
I fekking know that instas are better, but if u read my previous posts then you will c that im talking about the sorc class and that the mezz doesnt belong to that class IMO. I also said give the mezz to another class. Give albs isnta mezz just nerf the sorc mezz due to they already got ALOT of benefits that other classes doesnt have. To much benefits. If you wouldnt be a 14 year old alb wannabe then you would know. I dont care what daoc was, im speaking of what it is now, i dont care if it was 1500 back then, its 1850 now. You said its good in fight, ofc they are thats what this thread is all about, are you stupid? And if u can read, read the topic then you would know its all about that mezz NOT the zerg. SO STFU AND GO PLAY KEWL SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Do you have *any* idea *why* sorcs are in Alb RvR groups?

:m00: :m00: :m00:

oh yeah, and if you had actually read what I posted, you would find out that sorcs got the boltrange mezz due lack of instas. So basically you would want to make the barely managing alb RvR scene even worse without giving anything in return? And basically, wreck sorc as a class since you'd take the reason why it is used in RvR away?

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:

You've got to hope stupidity of this magnitude isn't hereditry...

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Compared with other realm's primary mezzers, yes, I'd say so.

Ah i get you now, didnt realise you meant in survivability, thought u meant utility or something, my bad

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake? Lmfao at some kid who tests a character on Gorre and then posts like he knows anything about how to play the class.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:
Namefake? Lmfao at some kid who tests a character on Gorre and then posts like he knows anything about how to play the class.

A pros is to read what people have written in this thread before you write something stupid like u just did. In a previous post i just said, i dont know everything about sorcs, but i find them overpowered. Or u missed it?

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
You've got to hope stupidity of this magnitude isn't hereditry...

understandable english please, and ill answer.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Do you have *any* idea *why* sorcs are in Alb RvR groups?

:m00: :m00: :m00:

oh yeah, and if you had actually read what I posted, you would find out that sorcs got the boltrange mezz due lack of instas. So basically you would want to make the barely managing alb RvR scene even worse without giving anything in return? And basically, wreck sorc as a class since you'd take the reason why it is used in RvR away?

Same with you, read what ive written before you write something stupid. I said, nerf sorc mezz and give insta to another class in return.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Most stupid person in de wurld award goes to: Namefake

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Grats d00d, I'm embarresed to see that you're Swedish.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Namefake said:
Same with you, read what ive written before you write something stupid. I said, nerf sorc mezz and give insta to another class in return.

a specline mezz or should that class perhaps get the instas in baseline?

would SM be good class for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom