Nerf SCing Alchemy ...

F

fafa

IMHO SC Alch kinda ruined the game ...

They should nerf both spellcrafting and alchemy, still make it possible to sc stuff and all but not as powerfull as Epic armor suit or rare drops.

what the point of pve beside xping of course, but once u ding 50, if u got a SCer Alch WC and AC all lgm in your guild what the point of mob raids and all ? even epic ... what the point of doing ur epic quests ? just a place holder for ur full suit ?

bleh :(

and no .. its not a whine thread because i can't have full mp set, because i do but i often run around in epic just because it looks best.

and tbh i think a nerf of SC and Alch would do anything but good for the game. Why the hell they added SC ???

C

Coim-

Cry more. :p No, really, it sucks. They should make epic best armor in the game. And glowy swords should be the best swords in game.

F

fafa

Im not crying, i'm just pointing some facts ... like SCing just pwn PvE drops and Epic drops. Its kinda sad in a way ..

C

Coim-

Originally posted by morcheeba
Im not crying, i'm just pointing some facts ... like SCing just pwn PvE drops and Epic drops. Its kinda sad in a way ..
Sidi drops? ;)

M

Mr_Omen

dont know about that i admit epic armor needs beefing up yea :) but not need to nerf alch and sc heh

I

i-scream

A crafter starts a trading skill and levels till he's reached his goal. Rules on what would be possible were clear from the beginning and everybody found these new possibilities fantastic. A lot of SCed items are used in the game now by most of the high level players.

My goal was to be LGM SC'er. I invested a lot of money levelling SCing and even more time to attain my level. Loads of time, I can assure you. If Mythic would nerf SCing, which will never be done, the use of my craft would be less wanted, maybe even not needed anymore. How would you propose to compensate my time and money spent on SCing ?

I would even say more. In 2002 Mythic announce Jewelcrafting. They said it would be implemented before the end of the year. Now, at this moment, we're approaching the end of 2003 and Jewelcrafting is still not announced. I asked GOA about it and they said they had no news on this. I wonder if Mythic will keep their word on announcing things and I'd like to see Jewelcrafting implement as soon as possible, like it was foreseen and announced when they implemented SCing.

P

pitspawn

I like the way you can fully customise your equipment to your liking. It also gives people who arent in huge uber guilds a chance to get stats on the level with those who are. Thats a good thing IMO. The necklace, bracers, rings and belt are all drop only i believe too, which plays almost half of the total utility you can gain. Also getting built stuff better than epic drops is difficult because you need 99/MP equipment with a good SC plan to do it. Thats not exactly cheap either. Money you gather will most likely be obtained from PvE. So there is actually still a lot of PvE involved.

That being said i do agree that some of the top drop equipment should be comparable or in some cases better than what could be player constructed. What would also be cool is gem drops which with player construction mean you could pull off even better SC gear (I think this is already in the game not entirely sure coz i still cant fcking get in ;)) Maybe the 50th epic should give the user something other than armour? Maybe a +3-5 boost to all base stats, or a 5% boost to resists/hitpoints etc. That would make it well worth doing.

A

Archeon

There are certain drops which have it over SC armour (E.g. the TG/Sidi/Galla Vests... and in a few patches time the sleeves and legs too), so i wouldn't say SCing has ruining the game. But there are definatly some annoying points about it like...

1. Being able to cap your stats with a set of 99% armour
2. 2h weaponary not having double imbue points (which is what you effectivly get with using a 1h and shield)

The sad thing is if they changed SC then all the Americans (and probably all the Europeans as well) would be up in arms going on and on about how unfair it is and how they spend Xplat on their SC suit which is now worthless (though if you think about it its a fairly safe bet that at some point or another SC suits Will be worthless, atleast when you consider that at one point epic armour was 'the best' and even before that stuff from the Dragon was 'the best' nowdays people salvage/sell their epic armour to get money for their SC setup. So who knows whats gonna happen. :)

P

pihlss

I want the Epics do be the best armor.

I dont like how they cripple the epic gear

first Of I want to have the ability as a armoer to create plate armor for all classes..

I was very glad to get my hand on my epic armor once
before I have chain armor and it looked as a sheep garned sweather.. :(

and now I have to look like a ord lvl 10 warrior out in rvr.. :((((((((

G

Giljotine

I like it the way it is except one thing .. crafted af 102 armour
should look like epic armor and we should be able to put glows
on weapon and shields aswell

C

Cyradix

Jewelcrafting? You mean you will be able to make rings, bracers, etc with stats on them?

If they ever implement that only new players will be doing quests....

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Giljotine
I like it the way it is except one thing .. crafted af 102 armour
should look like epic armor and we should be able to put glows
on weapon and shields aswell
Then what would be the point in epic armor? What would be the point in glowy drops?

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Cyradix
Jewelcrafting? You mean you will be able to make rings, bracers, etc with stats on them?

If they ever implement that only new players will be doing quests....
And people who want the exp. ;)

K

Krissy

this sounds like the other tread i cant find, where ppl that cant be arsed to farm cash want epic items to be uber so they are instantly in a free set of armour when they ding 50....

SC/Alch was a nerf to all combat, ment RvR lasted more than 30secs in most instances, was a good thing for the most part, pitty about the epic, but epic was never that good, i used small parts of my epic pre-SC and i almost caped all.

Someone should lookup the other thread about how epic should be best etc, will show u lots of facts.

QQ IMHO

You Poor ppl have a cheek

Users who are viewing this thread