Shield alchemy

B

bredo

Ok what kinda alchemy you gotta put on a shield to make it go off when blocking? I currently have a AF buff reactive on it, but that doesn't work.

Anyone that can enlighten me on this please?

S

SoulFly Amarok

Reactives only work in RvR.
On shields that is.

A

acei

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
Reactives only work in RvR.
On shields that is.
No, today while i was in avalon city and lyonesse my reactive went off several times :)

B

bredo

So it isn't possible to have any proc that goes off from blocking in PvE as well?

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by acei
No, today while i was in avalon city and lyonesse my reactive went off several times :)

You blocked vs a monster, and it went off?

F

Feac_

Originally posted by bredo
So it isn't possible to have any proc that goes off from blocking in PvE as well?

they do work in PvE

F

fl3a

didnt Sanya once say in a grab bag that it is a bug?

A

acei

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
You blocked vs a monster, and it went off?
Yup, a few times :) it doesn't go off much though, my ablative on my armour goes off alot more than the shield energy DD.

D

deffy

I've heard alot of conficting reports on this, can anyone post screenshots? (not that I don't believe you I'm just a sceptical person) ;)

F

Flimgoblin

you can put a normal offensive proc on it - and whenever you use a shield style it has a chance of firing...

I'd thought the reactives didn't work in pve though - but who knows.

P

Pempulla

Reactive procs do work in PvE. The only thing that has been mentioned not working correctly was ablative procs.

And yes, a shield can have a reactive proc, and it does have a chance of firing when you block (not when you use it as a 'weapon', e.g. Slam, then you want a normal 'effect' =weapon proc) in both PvE and RvR. And it is not a bug (there was some confusing answers about this in the grab bag, but read up in them and the confusion clears...).

Users who are viewing this thread