Focus nerf question

P

petrolbomb

How's the focus nerf going to affect XP groups in the various realms?

Albs never do it anyway, dunno about mids but this will probably hit Hibbies hard.

Any ideas ?

Will tanks suddenly be fotm- Im wondering if it will be easier to lvl my Warrior now?

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by petrolbomb

Albs never do it anyway, dunno about mids but this will probably hit Hibbies hard.

Any ideas ?

Will tanks suddenly be fotm- Im wondering if it will be easier to lvl my Warrior now?

You will not killing anything higher then orange with focus. Welcome to the Dark age of Tank-a-lot :)

A

Ardrias_Mid

:mad: Tanks been fotm for quite a while

J

Jaem

Well.. chanters just won't be able to stand watching them die... make them pbae abit... oh and probaly kill of Galla farmers.

C

cHodAX

Anyone know how necro focus shield will be affected? With the caster in shade form will the aggro be transferred to the biggest healer?

T

Teren

first thing -- necro damage shield IS NOT FOCUS!!!!

so it will generate normal aggression

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Teren
first thing -- necro damage shield IS NOT FOCUS!!!!

so it will generate normal aggression

No need to shout :p

B

barevoose

Re: Re: Focus nerf question

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
You will not killing anything higher then orange with focus. Welcome to the Dark age of Tank-a-lot :)

you will not killing anything .....hmmm english pliz :p and u can do lvl 70 mobs at 50 with a bard and druid.....not exactly orange

C

Cavex ElSaviour

i figure he meant to say that you wont be able to kill anything higher then orange con with focus.

R

rg-zorena

Any ideas ?

mids have never used focus anyhow in their pbae grp

B

barevoose

Will tanks suddenly be fotm?

it will probly only affect hib so no, it will hardly affect mid/alb at all and hib a little. But it will all be for the good

L

Legolias

It does make things harder but the nerf isn't as big as most people think.

Y

Yussef

Changes:

Focus shield damage reduced vs higher level enemies
Less aggro caused by focus shield
Less aggro caused by damage shield

However, if you use HoT, you will just be having a longer fight ;o

T

Tafaya Anathas

Re: Re: Re: Focus nerf question

Originally posted by barevoose
you will not killing anything .....hmmm english pliz :p and u can do lvl 70 mobs at 50 with a bard and druid.....not exactly orange

sorry for my poor english :)

I was talking about solo focus pulling :)

F

Flimgoblin

shouldn't be much change if yer solo - all that changes is the amount of aggro generated... so people healing the pet will get more aggro (and the monsters will leave the pet and splat the healers)

V

vesania

it will probly only affect hib so no, it will hardly affect mid/alb at all and hib a little. But it will all be for the good

It'll affect full matter specced cabalists quite a bit, I'd think. Shame really, as cabalists need loving, not nerfing.

X

xrn

Hooray for focus shield nerf imo, no more TG raids where Issorden and Fornfrusornen is missing :D

F

Falcon

Have tested it on the US servers, basically it's a really badly implemented nerf.

What it acheives that it should:
- Nerfs high level mob focus pulling

What it acheives that it shouldn't:
- Doesn't stop focus pulling at fins in Cursed Forest, can still farm high reds/low purples with ease; tanks still obsolete in Hib xp groups
- Is only worth using at high levels, 40+, this makes Enchanters actually a very GIMP class at low levels in solo PvE, yes you read it, Enchanters and Gimp in the same sentence. The agro reduction has really hit the lower level focus sheilds hard, whilst barely touching the higher level ones oddly, it basically means chanters are no longer an easy class to get to 50 unless you spec light/enchantments then switch to mana with your level 40 single line respec.

Things such as focus pulling the entire weeweres and abysmal spawns in Coruscating mines are absolutely no different.

J

Jonaldo

Pretty much backs up my claims that Mythic are the main culprits for fucking this game up and ruining it, much more than GOA.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Falcon
, it basically means chanters are no longer an easy class to get to 50 unless you spec light/enchantments then switch to mana with your level 40 single line respec.

hrm maybe you might have to get some tanks to form a pbaoe group now?

or is pbaoe suddenly no good for levelling? :)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
hrm maybe you might have to get some tanks to form a pbaoe group now?

or is pbaoe suddenly no good for levelling? :)
Need tanks <40

>50 focus pulling is still ok but just not for epic/uber mobs.

Still gonna be hard for tanks unless they want to go rvr at 40.

F

Falcon

Don't get me wrong Flim, I agree tanks shouldn't be made obsolete, I played a ranger since day 1 and have been obsolete since day 1 in groups so I know full well the problems it produces. My main reason for saying that is that I've moved to the US servers and was kinda looking forward to an easy route to 50 so that I could get /level on my account ASAP, basically, enchanter aint it anymore. I'd guess VW is the best easy to 50 class now

Yes I know DAoC isn't perfect and has issues, but there's no other MMOG out there right now that can touch DAoC. Planetside is good for PvP but is severely lacking in any other content, i.e. it has none, whereas games like UO have a ton of content but is flawed in other areas, like the fact your characters movement speed depends on how fast your PC and net connection is making PvP utter crap. DAoC is the only MMOG out there atm with a very good blend of PvP and PvE.

B

boni_ofdavoid

You can pull galla mobs with chanter+druid+menta without a single heal. I dont see how the focus nerf is going to stop that.

They completely missed the really buggy features of pet pull that make it viable, if they had concentrated on :-

a). Chaning the effect of buffs on pets so it doesnt just make the absorb stupidly high.

b). Changed the fact that a pet pulling a mob gets all the adds to go straight to pet not random members of the party.

then they might have neferd it adequatly. They didnt, so long live focus pull :)

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by xrn
Hooray for focus shield nerf imo, no more TG raids where Issorden and Fornfrusornen is missing :D
yay

:)

F

Falcon

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
You can pull galla mobs with chanter+druid+menta without a single heal. I dont see how the focus nerf is going to stop that.
The focus nerf scales down the damage depending on how high level the attacking mob is, so on a mob like you see in Galladoria the focus sheild is pretty much useless and the players will be sure to run out of mana for focus pulling long before the mob is even below 50% hp. However, it doesn't scale it down enough by the time you get to fins level, i.e. high red, low purple con, so focus pulling the likes of fins is still perfectly feasible and focusing yellows is absolutely no different.

A

Arnor

this I wanna see next patch

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Pretty much backs up my claims that Mythic are the main culprits for fucking this game up and ruining it, much more than GOA.

AMAGAD!!! HE SAW THE LIGHT!1111111

seriously, fucks sake man.

D

Driwen

the nerf was meant to make it unable for people to kill epic mobs/really high level mobs. It has done that, it wasnt meant to hurt fins actually. Allthough that wouldnt be a bad thing imo, but the nerf wasnt designed to do that so the nerf did what it was designed for stop people killing mobs with a small group that was designed to be killed 6+fg.

P

PJS

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
b). Changed the fact that a pet pulling a mob gets all the adds to go straight to pet not random members of the party.
someone forgot to tell the far dorocha's guarding the Mystical Steed then :p (bastards)

P

PJS

75's actually, just takes 1 full mana bar on the chanter + maybe 1 mana potion, and 1 full mana bar on 2 healers + mcl, with mr4 running

Users who are viewing this thread