Focus nerf question

B

boni_ofdavoid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Focus nerf question

Originally posted by PJS
75's actually, just takes 1 full mana bar on the chanter + maybe 1 mana potion, and 1 full mana bar on 2 healers + mcl, with mr4 running

I can do lvl 75 trash with chanter+druid.

Chanter takes 1 full mana bar + maybe a potion. My druid only uses 25% of his mana. No mr at all.

Guess it depends how your healer is specced, what buffs you use. I have 39 nurt (yellow dex qui) + ma3, rest in regwroth, passive healing RAs (crit and strong healing II) and serenity 1.

I can easily do 2 trash mobs at once, sometimes 3 if I use potion / mcl2 and instas on my super focus pullzor druid.

(or did you mean this is what u can do after nerf?!)

P

PJS

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Focus nerf question

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
I can do lvl 75 trash with chanter+druid.

Chanter takes 1 full mana bar + maybe a potion. My druid only uses 25% of his mana. No mr at all.

Guess it depends how your healer is specced, what buffs you use. I have 39 nurt (yellow dex qui) + ma3, rest in regwroth, passive healing RAs (crit and strong healing II) and serenity 1.

I can easily do 2 trash mobs at once, sometimes 3 if I use potion / mcl2 and instas on my super focus pullzor druid.

(or did you mean this is what u can do after nerf?!)

Wouldnt count cursed forest epic bosses as trash :p. Wyvernic Wraith hurts. 40 nurt buffs + MoA1. Need 2 healers constant healing to keep pet alive. Thats ally pet too.

Killing 2 or 3 Mutilators in DF at a time is a good laugh too, with just druid and no MR. Was going to attempt the prince "solo" for a laugh but an alb zerg just beat me to it and killed me on the way out, LOL.

NERF! (oh they have, DOH! )

Y

Yussef

Originally posted by Falcon
The focus nerf scales down the damage depending on how high level the attacking mob is, so on a mob like you see in Galladoria the focus sheild is pretty much useless and the players will be sure to run out of mana for focus pulling long before the mob is even below 50% hp. However, it doesn't scale it down enough by the time you get to fins level, i.e. high red, low purple con, so focus pulling the likes of fins is still perfectly feasible and focusing yellows is absolutely no different.

Not like Alb focus shield teams will run out of power ;o

B

boni_ofdavoid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Focus nerf question

Originally posted by PJS
Wouldnt count cursed forest epic bosses as trash :p. Wyvernic Wraith hurts. 40 nurt buffs + MoA1. Need 2 healers constant healing to keep pet alive. Thats ally pet too.

Killing 2 or 3 Mutilators in DF at a time is a good laugh too, with just druid and no MR. Was going to attempt the prince "solo" for a laugh but an alb zerg just beat me to it and killed me on the way out, LOL.

NERF! (oh they have, DOH! )

Hehe, when I say 'trash' I mean galla non boss mobs like cave drifters :)

Ive done WW with my pair, though sometimes I die, the timing of the first few heals is very touch n go ;) Rest of the epics are eeeaassy :) (excpet perhaps Blight whos sometimes not so straight forward).

Ive also done alb prince with my pair, camped him 4 times before he started getting stupid with his health regen and I got splatted by a pop :)

O

old.Mirandalia

someone forgot to tell the far dorocha's guarding the Mystical Steed then (bastards)
They all go for the pet, but they mez the pet, if the pet remains mezzed they go for chanter+healers.
When doing far dorochas is good to have a bard doing demezz pet in the start to ensure all dorochas are in melee range (they hit it constantly while mezzing it, thus removing mezz same time).

P

PJS

Originally posted by old.Mirandalia
They all go for the pet, but they mez the pet, if the pet remains mezzed they go for chanter+healers.
When doing far dorochas is good to have a bard doing demezz pet in the start to ensure all dorochas are in melee range (they hit it constantly while mezzing it, thus removing mezz same time).
cool thanks, didnt think of that, several red con fars charging you kind of interrupts your train of thought a bit

P

PJS

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Focus nerf question

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Hehe, when I say 'trash' I mean galla non boss mobs like cave drifters :)

Ive done WW with my pair, though sometimes I die, the timing of the first few heals is very touch n go ;) Rest of the epics are eeeaassy :) (excpet perhaps Blight whos sometimes not so straight forward).

Ive also done alb prince with my pair, camped him 4 times before he started getting stupid with his health regen and I got splatted by a pop :)

Skeag is real easy. Killed them all besides Orey and Blight. Orey was aggro inside a tree and owned me :(. Blight is AWOL, been to his spot on the map many times over a few days and never seen him.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Focus nerf question

Originally posted by PJS
Skeag is real easy. Killed them all besides Orey and Blight. Orey was aggro inside a tree and owned me :(. Blight is AWOL, been to his spot on the map many times over a few days and never seen him.

Orey is dead easy, probably second after skeag.

Blight, well... you need to aggro him with pet without him seeing you, he has a stupid aggro range and hides in trees a lot too ;)
Worst bit is when you kill a wave of blight they merge and a few less but stronger blights appear, each time you have to catch them with the pet before they kill the chanter, and as you have to kill about 3-4 waves mana is a problem too! Still I got my deletrious pall (cloak) a few weeks ago, only about 5 patches too late to be of any use :)

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by Yussef
Not like Alb focus shield teams will run out of power ;o

aye, least necros are good for SOMETHING

Users who are viewing this thread