Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Only 300m2 but its the split ac ducting in house that causes dark zones.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
My T-Flight HOTAS is getting a bit knackered, one button has failed. I only play Elite Dangerous, but I play it more than I should. So time for a new stick, a little research pointed me at the Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System.
Purchased and will arrive tomorrow. I'll report back after a few days play :)
I got one of those that I no longer use, it was good though.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
It's nice, I like it.
Much bigger the the T Flight, with a lot more buttons and switches. It's taken a bit of getting used to, completely different layout. Went with the default X52 profile in ED, have since remapped 3 functions to more logical buttons (for me at least). Its fully customisable using their software, in fact I doubt I'll use half of what I could with mode changes really easy. Feels really nice with rubberised and smooth bits, quality feel to it.
Overall it's a quantum leap from the T Flight. Really decent mid range hotas worth the cash if you are shopping in that range.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bought some Bose QC35 II's (warning: big gay video review!) (Edit: or a readable one). Most expensive pair of headphones I've ever bought but it'll save my ears - I'll be able to listen to my audiobooks (which I spend about twenty hours a week doing) at a much lower volume.

Was a close run thing with the Sony WH1000XM2's which apparently have a better sound, but predictably the Sony build quality doesn't review as well anywhere and since that's my main issue with Sony devices in general it was easy to plump for the bose. Just waiting for Amazon Business to turn up now.

Got the silver ones - they'll make my greying hair look more black than it is by comparison ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bought some Bose QC35 II's (warning: big gay video review!) (Edit: or a readable one). Most expensive pair of headphones I've ever bought but it'll save my ears - I'll be able to listen to my audiobooks (which I spend about twenty hours a week doing) at a much lower volume.

Was a close run thing with the Sony WH1000XM2's which apparently have a better sound, but predictably the Sony build quality doesn't review as well anywhere and since that's my main issue with Sony devices in general it was easy to plump for the bose. Just waiting for Amazon Business to turn up now.

Got the silver ones - they'll make my greying hair look more black than it is by comparison ;)
Same ones i bought a couple months ago on @Hawkwind recommendation. I find them very good. Especially for plane travel. I am sure you will love them

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3

Got one of these through work a couple of weeks ago, am pretty impressed so far. Handles emails, Office docs, conference calls note taking etc pretty well - only limitation I've found so far is they've disabled MHL so I can't use it for presentations easily, although I am investigating a Chromecast for the office to see if I can do it that way. The S-Pen is superb though, greet for jotting down notes - feels pretty much like writing on paper. Doesn't need charged either, unlike that other tablet people in my team are using.

Going to get the keyboard dock when I get some expenses back, bit pricey, but looks like it could turn it into a laptop replacement for anything that doesn't involve presentations.

Bodhi

I almost bought the Sonys back in February from the States, place didn't have any in stock. Tried them in the shop though, the NC and sound quality were incredible.

Didn't try the Bose ones, as everything I have ever heard Bose make has been utter shit for the price. Compressed muffled garbage generally.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3

Got one of these through work a couple of weeks ago, am pretty impressed so far. Handles emails, Office docs, conference calls note taking etc pretty well - only limitation I've found so far is they've disabled MHL so I can't use it for presentations easily, although I am investigating a Chromecast for the office to see if I can do it that way. The S-Pen is superb though, greet for jotting down notes - feels pretty much like writing on paper. Doesn't need charged either, unlike that other tablet people in my team are using.

Going to get the keyboard dock when I get some expenses back, bit pricey, but looks like it could turn it into a laptop replacement for anything that doesn't involve presentations.
Cant beat a ipad pro tbh. ;). My mrs had samsung tabs. The s ones or something with the pen to write on the screen

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I almost bought the Sonys back in February from the States, place didn't have any in stock. Tried them in the shop though, the NC and sound quality were incredible.

Didn't try the Bose ones, as everything I have ever heard Bose make has been utter shit for the price. Compressed muffled garbage generally.
I know you've got a massive hard-on for Sony, but a facepalm for my buying choice?

Wandered out this lunchtime wearing my new headphones. They're great. Sound quality is very good indeed and the build quality seems excellent (which, after buying several Sony devices, is why I discounted them). Noise cancelling is top notch and I've not taken them off (been in meetings all afternoon and my ears are still cool, there doesn't seem to be any unpleasant pressure etc.)

Liking the fact that the google assistant is popped into the left headphone. Not having to shout "OK google" before telling it what I want is nice.

Listening to Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle at less than 50% volume whilst doing some housework. Just did the washing up. All is well :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The 3.5mm jack on my Note 3 seems to have died (or it might just have some fluff or something stuck in it which I can't see or remove) so I picked up the Jaybird X3 wireless earphones. They're bloody great, it seems Bluetooth tech has improved significantly. Comfortable, good audio, really responsive.

The last wireless earphones I had were these beauties which were connected to the outstanding Sony Ericsson W950i.

SE_W950i.jpg

Bodhi

I know you've got a massive hard-on for Sony, but a facepalm for my buying choice?

Wandered out this lunchtime wearing my new headphones. They're great. Sound quality is very good indeed and the build quality seems excellent (which, after buying several Sony devices, is why I discounted them). Noise cancelling is top notch and I've not taken them off (been in meetings all afternoon and my ears are still cool, there doesn't seem to be any unpleasant pressure etc.)

Liking the fact that the google assistant is popped into the left headphone. Not having to shout "OK google" before telling it what I want is nice.

Listening to Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle at less than 50% volume whilst doing some housework. Just did the washing up. All is well :)

Yes. Because as I said I find Bose kit to be overpriced shite.

HTH

Bodhi

Replacement headset for $80 out of warranty vs Sony throwaway.

My £60 "Sony throwaways" are still working a treat 5 years after I bought them. They've been round the world, thrown in bags, in the boot of the car and generally abused and they just won't die. A colleague bought some Bose from the same store - he's on his 3rd set now. His were £299, mine were £60.

The Sony ones I bought sound better too, despite the lack of NC.

As I said, overpriced shite.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No way you "throw" your Sony stuff anywhere @Bodhi. You've had yourself circumcised so you can wrap them in your special moleskin wallet for added protection :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just got a msi 1080 armor oc gfx card. If thats not nerdy then i dont know what is

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
My £60 "Sony throwaways" are still working a treat 5 years after I bought them. They've been round the world, thrown in bags, in the boot of the car and generally abused and they just won't die. A colleague bought some Bose from the same store - he's on his 3rd set now. His were £299, mine were £60.

The Sony ones I bought sound better too, despite the lack of NC.

As I said, overpriced shite.
Whilst I might agree that some Sony audio stuff sounds good their quality control is terrible, especially for Japanese manufacturer. The quality stopped in the 90s.

Bodhi

I've bought myself a watch! After a couple of years mucking around with various smart watches (cool, but charging every couple of days gets tedious), with my old TAG as backup (lovely watch, but is getting old and needs a service, as it's running about 5 minutes a week slow), I've decided to push the boat out, and treat myself.

Buy Casio W-59B-1AVEF Black Canvas Strap Digital Watch at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Men's watches, Watches, Jewellery and watches.

Retro awesomeness! It has a light, and you can set it to beep every hour if you wish. Other than that it tells the time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've bought myself a watch! After a couple of years mucking around with various smart watches (cool, but charging every couple of days gets tedious), with my old TAG as backup (lovely watch, but is getting old and needs a service, as it's running about 5 minutes a week slow), I've decided to push the boat out, and treat myself.

Buy Casio W-59B-1AVEF Black Canvas Strap Digital Watch at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Men's watches, Watches, Jewellery and watches.

Retro awesomeness! It has a light, and you can set it to beep every hour if you wish. Other than that it tells the time.
Hehe i always wanted one of those when i were a lad. But my parents insisted me and bro had to have watches with a face and hands so we could tell the time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom