Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh I thought it was available everywhere except America. It landed for me in France last weekend but it looks like it's only currently available for Note 9s on 3 in Ireland.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Oh I thought it was available everywhere except America. It landed for me in France last weekend but it looks like it's only currently available for Note 9s on 3 in Ireland.

All updated now; very nice UX improvements, although after years of iOS I keep swiping or pressing things the wrong way; I think I’ve cut off half a dozen incoming calls by trying to swipe not press etc.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup, they've re-oriented the "recent apps" screen - it used to scroll vertically with a swipe to either side to close an app and now it scrolls horizontally with an up swipe to focus the app and down to close. It makes sense but it takes a bit of getting used to.

Also, I discovered yesterday that Android Pie has done away with WPS Push Button for connecting to wifi networks. I understand that it's somewhat insecure but it was so convenient. Especially galling as I've been so incredulous as I've tried to connect friends' Apple devices to networks after they binned it years ago.

Full Screen Gestures (Settings > Display > Navigation Bar) is also interesting. Also if I'm being honest I never really used the S-Pen on my Note 3 but now it's connected to the phone via Bluetooth it can do so much more - act as a remote shutter button, control music, control presentation slides etc.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Welcome to the club :)

Kind of an enforced club membership as yours truly didn't close his bag properly in an airport when late for a plane and....well you get the rest.

Anyway the wife used her l33t insuranz skillz and got me an Amazon voucher to cover a set of XM2s, and I added a couple of quid.

Annoying story, happy outcome :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Now I need to either fix the annoying iPhone changing the volume issue or switch to using my android phone.

Did you get the black or cream ones?

Bodhi

Went for blick, the cream ones were a bit too bling for my balding head :)

Other bonus is the updated charger, so just need to get an IQOS 3 and I only need one charger with me.

Small victories.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Went for blick, the cream ones were a bit too bling for my balding head :)

Other bonus is the updated charger, so just need to get an IQOS 3 and I only need one charger with me.

Small victories.
I got the cream :)

Bodhi

They have arrived so have put them on charge before I have a play, but initial impressions are a step up on the already excellent XM2s, the bronze highlights aren't as bright as they look on the packaging, and they are even more comfortable to wear.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They have arrived so have put them on charge before I have a play, but initial impressions are a step up on the already excellent XM2s, the bronze highlights aren't as bright as they look on the packaging, and they are even more comfortable to wear.
They are super comfy. Sometimes I forget they are on and bang them on door frames :/

Bodhi

Gave them a stress test on the flight over to Paris this evening, pretty impressive. Couldn't hear the engines at all, felt like I had a plane all to myself.

They can even reduce an IBM Model M keyboard to near silence.

Just need to make sure I don't lose this pair now.....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Bodhi

Thats cheap for a dslr. With 2 lenses as well. My nikon 7000d was over a grand when i got it. Only one lens too.

You will need a lightroom or photoshop sub next ;)

I am still looking for the hidden costs if I'm honest, other than potentially kicking off a more expensive addiction than golf, looking at some of the lens costs :)

I still can't get over the fact it has a "food" mode. That's peak 2019 right there.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I am still looking for the hidden costs if I'm honest, other than potentially kicking off a more expensive addiction than golf, looking at some of the lens costs :)

I still can't get over the fact it has a "food" mode. That's peak 2019 right there.
Yup can bankrupt yourself buying lenses. But after that it would just be travel / location hunting depending what she wants to photograph.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Food mode is just a beginner-friendly preset. In time you learn how to achieve the photos you want with manual settings and post-processing.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sony WF-1000XM3 noise cancelling earbuds. Better than my Bose ones with longer battery life and way better functionality with android. First Sony product I've purchased for myself in many years.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Sony WF-1000XM3 noise cancelling earbuds. Better than my Bose ones with longer battery life and way better functionality with android. First Sony product I've purchased for myself in many years.
Meh buds.

Dont like them. Prefer over the ear cups.

How longs the battery life cause i mean my headphones are like 30 hours or something.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I used then on a 6 hour flights and the battery was still over 40%. However, typical Sony, the right bud stopped working after 2 days. Returned them to Dubai Duty free when I arrived back a couple of hours ago. Waiting for the refund to process back to the card and I'll order another set over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom