Nerdy Awesome shit you bought!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just had my new work phone delivered, an incredibly tall Sony Xperia 1.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not nerdy. But bought a new second hand car. My passat had gotten to the point of sell it while its worth a bit or drive it into the ground and i didnt want to drive it into the ground on long distance motorway stuffs.

Anyway, give you car snobs a laugh. I got a insignia grand sport sri. Yep it doesnt light your gonads going round corners but its good at munching motorway miles and with only 7k on the clock should last a few years.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
In the family way so traded in the coupé for an xDrive 320i Sport Touring (Jan 2019)

Going to take me a while to figure out how to drive the 8-speed AT with any finesse. Any tips?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
In the family way so traded in the coupé for an xDrive 320i Sport Touring (Jan 2019)

Going to take me a while to figure out how to drive the 8-speed AT with any finesse. Any tips?
Plant foot. Wait.

Bodhi

For those incredibly deep pockets you have when it comes to buying a round?

Always happy to get a round in at work. Mostly as I can expense it :)

Also got a bit fed up with the flash harries at work and their Apple Watches, made me look like a peasant when I turned up with my £12 Casio, so got one of these:

Gen 4 Smartwatch - Explorist HR Smoke Stainless Steel

Wanted to go Wear OS to ensure compatibility with my Golf App (18 Birdies), and this looked to be one of the better ones. Looks like a proper watch as well, which is a bonus.

Bodhi

First thing I do in a BMW Auto is knock the lever left into Sport Mode, makes it much more responsive, gives you engine braking etc.

Going to have to get used to driving autos myself next year, as my top choice (440i Gran Coupe) only comes as an auto. Unless I spend a bit more and buy an M3 :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
First thing I do in a BMW Auto is knock the lever left into Sport Mode, makes it much more responsive, gives you engine braking etc.

Going to have to get used to driving autos myself next year, as my top choice (440i Gran Coupe) only comes as an auto. Unless I spend a bit more and buy an M3 :)
440i vs M3 rather than M4?

Bodhi

440i vs M3 rather than M4?

Yeah need 4 doors this time, apparently access into the back of a 1 Series Coupé is quite challenging for older people. Gotta admit think I prefer the look of the M3 as well - if only they'd done an M4 GC.....

Bodhi

So so tempted, but I'd always have the nagging feeling it was about to explode in a deeply charismatic way. Can't believe the CO2 emissions on it though, lower than mine (189 vs 191), with 500 bhp instead of 270.

Witchcraft I tell thee.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So so tempted, but I'd always have the nagging feeling it was about to explode in a deeply charismatic way. Can't believe the CO2 emissions on it though, lower than mine (189 vs 191), with 500 bhp instead of 270.

Witchcraft I tell thee.
It's actually rated as really reliable.

There's no excuse.

Bodhi

It's actually rated as really reliable.

There's no excuse.

It's also 10k over budget at this point sadly. Not buying til the New Year tho, so there's still time for them to depreciate some more :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pah. I could right now but I’m waiting to see what happens with IR35. The 0% BiK on electric might persuade me to a Model 3 performance instead.

Cleckheaton is just down the road.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Moving house soon and wife has given permission to get new TV sorted. Showed her the 4K short throw projectors and screens, to my amazment she said we should get it.

Xiaomi Wemax A300

Choice of screens (light reduction):

Fixed
Motor Up
Motor Down

Still looking into it but even fixed screen 100-120" would be great. The A300 is the latest Xiaomi one and has better brightness than the previous models. Considering the price of a 65" OLED this could be a great option.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Moving house soon and wife has given permission to get new TV sorted. Showed her the 4K short throw projectors and screens, to my amazment she said we should get it.

Xiaomi Wemax A300

Choice of screens (light reduction):

Fixed
Motor Up
Motor Down

Still looking into it but even fixed screen 100-120" would be great. The A300 is the latest Xiaomi one and has better brightness than the previous models. Considering the price of a 65" OLED this could be a great option.
Do the projectors still suffer when even a tiny ray of sunlight gets into the room? Had a projector setup a good few years ago and that's what put me off ever since as without blackout curtains watching on the screen wasn't the best experience.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell @gunner440 ! Post more mo-fo.

Though I think I said that last time you turned up.

How thee?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Do the projectors still suffer when even a tiny ray of sunlight gets into the room? Had a projector setup a good few years ago and that's what put me off ever since as without blackout curtains watching on the screen wasn't the best experience.
You should ideally have the UCD light blocking screen, then they are OK. Good example in this review vid:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExJJ2FlkG6s

Explains how the screesn work

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbTPaeYt_pw

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Fucking hell @gunner440 ! Post more mo-fo.

Though I think I said that last time you turned up.

How thee?

All good. Still living in Spain and haven't regret the move back. I still browse the forums now and again but seeing as my main source of fun way back in the day was provoking and trolling some of the off-topic community I don't tend to post unless it's something of interest like the post above heh. I don't know what I would contribute nowadays :(

You should ideally have the UCD light blocking screen, then they are OK. Good example in this review vid:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExJJ2FlkG6s

Explains how the screesn work

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbTPaeYt_pw

Thanks for that. I'll have a look as this seriously put me off continuing with a projector setup. I'm currently on a 65" Samsung which I love at the moment. It fits the room perfectly and all the smart functions which I thought I would hate have proven to be a quality-of-life upgrade that I don't think I could live without. I take it the projectors will lack these but I'll have a look in more detail later.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Thanks for that. I'll have a look as this seriously put me off continuing with a projector setup. I'm currently on a 65" Samsung which I love at the moment. It fits the room perfectly and all the smart functions which I thought I would hate have proven to be a quality-of-life upgrade that I don't think I could live without. I take it the projectors will lack these but I'll have a look in more detail later.
Depending what smart functions you're talking about, you can get smart projectors (eg this one from LG).

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Depending what smart functions you're talking about, you can get smart projectors (eg this one from LG).
Most smart stuff is better off de-coupled in my experience. If you get an outstanding panel, why get tricked into upgrading it because your panel supplier decides to change their technology stack. Much better off having something isolated that you can replace to keep up with the times, e.g. NVidia Shield / Fire TV / Roku / etc.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Most smart stuff is better off de-coupled in my experience. If you get an outstanding panel, why get tricked into upgrading it because your panel supplier decides to change their technology stack. Much better off having something isolated that you can replace to keep up with the times, e.g. NVidia Shield / Fire TV / Roku / etc.

Just ordered the new NVidia Shield TV Pro, ships Nov 5th. Uses the Tegra X1+ 256 Core GPU, got the Pro version with 3GB RAM 16GB Storage but 2 USB 3.0 & GB Ethernet and with Android 9.0 OS. Will pair nicely nicely with 4K projector currently DHL'in its way from Hong Kong, should arrive on Thursday. :) Screen arrived Sunday, but won't assemble until after I've moved house 4 & 5 Dec.

Bodhi

Interesting, I'm expecting incremental improvements given how good the XM3s are.

Although strictly speaking I'm not talking to Sony at the minute, as my main telly in the living room has ceased to be - component failure on the power distribution board. Even though its out of warranty, an engineer will be here on Thursday to fix it FOC.

So I'll be talking to them again in Thursday :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I didnt buy them but my lovely husband brought me some new bose qc 35ii (I wanted these rather than the 700 due to better portability) - so very happy with them ..... I was sorry to see my qc 35s look so old but i have been wearing them non stop for many years :/

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I didnt buy them but my lovely husband brought me some new bose qc 35ii (I wanted these rather than the 700 due to better portability) - so very happy with them ..... I was sorry to see my qc 35s look so old but i have been wearing them non stop for many years :/
Great headphones. Had mine for a few years. :). I wait the sony headphone fans tho haha

Yoni

I have had QC35s for a long long time and I also have a pair of momenums / the QCs i use for travel and the Momentum at home. I am looking forward to using the 35ii on my Thursday commute :D

Yoni

Just got myself sme Master and Dynamics true wireless earbuds (MW07 plus) - (for walking and the gym)

MW07 PLUS

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    257.7 KB · Views: 2

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just got myself sme Master and Dynamics true wireless earbuds (MW07 plus) - (for walking and the gym)

MW07 PLUS
You dont like your qcII for the walking bit?

i use mine all the time for that. Gym they wouldnt be practical i can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom