AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Should they make a mmorpg together?

pvp from blizzard, pvp/rvr from mythic etc bla

would you think it would be cool?:)

or more like: issz you crazy noob?

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Not like it'd be better in any way. You'd still have to balance pve items with pvp items and pve skills with pvp skills.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Why bother when Mythic is already working on Warhammer, which by all accounts will have the best features from WoW coupled with the best features from DAoC :)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
Why bother when Mythic is already working on Warhammer, which by all accounts will have the best features from WoW coupled with the best features from DAoC :)
Exactly :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
would be better mix for pve blizzard, pvp mythic, daocs rvr system is best around.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
altough the concpt of rvr is very nice and i played it for a lot of years there are some points in WoW (PvP) that would be an improvement for DAOC

1) Instanced PvP on basis of even numbers
2) Usefullness of classes. In WoW all classes are usefull in PvP, in DAOC optimized groups exclude certain classes
3) PvE items rewards for PvP (well on basis of reputation instead of RR), same rewards can be obtained by pve

I know there are 100 reasons why WoW pvp is teh shit compared to DAOC (wait lists, no sustained rank, the endless grind where you can't take a vacation, no RvR objectives) but i think some elements of WoW pvp are really sweet.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
pvp from blizzard

hahahahaahah <breathe> hahahahahaha

warhammer will own blizzard and that crap game of WoW the call mmo

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
lololololololololololololololol!!!111one

blizzard already tried pvp, it sucks arse

Gifv Warhammer tbh! :D

:worthy: :worthy:

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the battlegrounds in WoW aren't that bad. Actually far better than the zerggrounds in DAoC atm.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
Can't... stop... laughing...

hehe LOL:p

but then again, servers would get population wow has.. wich isnt a bad thing i think:)

E

Eruptix

Cylian said:
the battlegrounds in WoW aren't that bad. Actually far better than the zerggrounds in DAoC atm.
stop zerging and try 8v8?:eek:

mentioing WoW and PvP in the same sentence is just lolz..

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
really insightfull contributions:

Lolllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wow pvp sux!11!!!

at least try to say why it sucks?

i know why daoc pvp is better but some things in wow pvp are nice

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
old.windforce said:
really insightfull contributions:

Lolllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wow pvp sux!11!!!

at least try to say why it sucks?

i know why daoc pvp is better but some things in wow pvp are nice

+ things about wow pvp.

You can PvP everywhere.
You cannot walk trough eachother
There are actually allways and everywhere people to fight.

+ things about daoc pvp.

You get new ability's / stronger for killing enemy's.

- things about wow pvp

rewards are shite

- things about daoc pvp

area is too big for these few numbers
you can walk trough eachother
boats
armor duration goes down.

-------
+ things warhammer got

You can't walk trough eachother.
You get morale boost (as in Dungeon Siege)
You can PvP allmsot everywhere, depends on what land u've taken.
No STEALTHERS :D

rest i dunno:)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Reasons why i think WoW pvp is crap:

There is a huge powergap between hardcore raiders and normal players in pvp - a hardcore raider will have gear with twice the stats that a nonraider has and can usually kill normal players without using any skill whatsoever.

Battleground farmgroups vs random groups. Queuing for 30min only to get "p0verPwnedlolzomg!1 in 5 min without a fighting chanse by a team of fully PvE epic equiped people on voicecom is simply not fun.

You must play 10+ hours a day if you want to rise in ranks beyond 7-8 or so (bout halfway up the ranking system for those that dont play WoW). You can never, ever, get to the top ranks unless you grind for that ammount of time at least. Even if you play for 5 years for say 3 hours a night you would still not get past those ranks, while someone that plays 16 hours a day for 3 months will get the top ranks.

You must pvp in the battlegrounds if you want rewards for your pvp play. There is *nothing* to be gained from pvp'ing in the overland world at present.

Battleground queues. If you are on a server with population differences (and on the side with more people) you will wait in bg queues alot more than you will actually pvp. On some low pop servers most people wont even get to pvp since the battlegrounds dont start up.

And ofc, server stability, which affects pvp as well. Very fun to sit in a queue for 30 min and then the servers crash and you are out of the queue, or you are in a battleground and the server disconnects you and then you are back in orgrimmar with a deserter debuff on you when you log back in. Or the server lags when you win/lose and you dont get the reward etc etc.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:

that really depends on their budget, which is probably the biggest problem every new mmorpg will have vs blizzard....

i mean, most mmorpgs ive seen promise more in development then they give in release, even daoc was unfinished when it was released (remember the empty lyonesse? unitimized endgame dungeons?)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
that really depends on their budget, which is probably the biggest problem every new mmorpg will have vs blizzard....

i mean, most mmorpgs ive seen promise more in development then they give in release, even daoc was unfinished when it was released (remember the empty lyonesse? unitimized endgame dungeons?)

what does unitimized mean?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
what does unitimized mean?

mobs in alot of dungeons (at least 3 in alb: catacombs, tepoks and barrows) didnt drop ANY items at all (only gold), which made it extremely annoying to level at ~40 (since everyone was stil running around with green crap at 40+, there were very few places to get 'end-game' stuff from, and you didnt have netherium and arcanium back then)

Lyonesse was practically empty, and the mobs didnt drop anything there either...

So i hope for mythic they will actually have the money to finish the game before they release it this time, and i hope they will have made the classes VERY VERY balanced and have tested it VERY VERY carefully, because if they fuck this up they will have two slowly dying games running...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
mobs in alot of dungeons (at least 3 in alb: catacombs, tepoks and barrows) didnt drop ANY items at all (only gold), which made it extremely annoying to level at ~40 (since everyone was stil running around with green crap at 40+, there were very few places to get 'end-game' stuff from, and you didnt have netherium and arcanium back then)

Lyonesse was practically empty, and the mobs didnt drop anything there either...

So i hope for mythic they will actually have the money to finish the game before they release it this time, and i hope they will have made the classes VERY VERY balanced and have tested it VERY VERY carefully, because if they fuck this up they will have two slowly dying games running...

Class balance is pretty much impossible in an MMO with 3 sides.. do you want every single class the same with the same abilities just a different name?

If your hoping for class balance i suggest you think again and possibly quit mmo :)

There will always be a few people who moan when they get wtfpwnd and this encourages others to moan to and they pick out a specific skill and get it nerfed.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:

Well, consider that Mythic has the backing of Games Workshop who is very well situated economically speaking (they have had excellent results for many years running now, and likely sit on a small fortune in investment capital by now, and are to my knowledge a selfowned company). Im not sure who does the financing of the game but as ive understood it GW has a big involvement in the design phase of the game so im therefore guessing they also have a direct economic involvement, something that should ensure enough capital is available to complete the game in a way that GW are satisfied with. Also, with an intellectual property such as Warhammer involved in the project i doubt Mythic will have much problems finding other financiers.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
how about mythic do pve and mythic do pvp, bliizard pve and pve is boring.

not saying mythics pve is much better but beats killing a different variation of the same mob over and over or doing collection tasks in wow

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Class balance is pretty much impossible in an MMO with 3 sides.. do you want every single class the same with the same abilities just a different name?

If your hoping for class balance i suggest you think again and possibly quit mmo :)

Its not really impossible although it can never be done 100% perfect, it just involves alot of testing and tweaking even after the game is released, something which mythic has never even really tried in daoc (well we got a RA review once and a frontier revamp)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
Its not really impossible although it can never be done 100% perfect, it just involves alot of testing and tweaking even after the game is released, something which mythic has never even really tried in daoc (well we got a RA review once and a frontier revamp)

But you will always have people who cry nerf when they die.. and always people who think something is overpowered its happened since the day of release on DAOC.

Class balance is something that will never be accomplished and people need to accept this.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
true, with 3 very different realms it is impossible to have proper balance, i think atm it is probably the most balanced it has been in a long time. still far better than wow where everything is the same.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
But you will always have people who cry nerf when they die.. and always people who think something is overpowered its happened since the day of release on DAOC.

Class balance is something that will never be accomplished and people need to accept this.

the balance between each 'general' class not ofcourse, a healer can never be compared with a rogue, but it is perfectly possible to created balanced realms/teams/factions, as loads of other games (both mmo and non-mmo) have already shown...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
true, with 3 very different realms it is impossible to have proper balance, i think atm it is probably the most balanced it has been in a long time. still far better than wow where everything is the same.

Its arguable if it really matters that everything is 'the same', or that everything has to be 'different'. As having played both DAOC and WOW hardcore, i can tell you that both do not differ much from each other when it comes to things being 'the same' as your characther/team in pvp/rvr.
Sure, in daoc each realm has different classes, but each realm still has (more or less) the same abilities as your realm, but they are just distributed differently among their classes, which has little impact to the overall 'uniqueness' in the end. Its the same for wow, while each factions' classes has exactly the same options availible in 'speclines' and equipment, you will seldom fight someone who is a exact copy of your characther in specline and equipment.

One advantage wow has is that it will have a much easier time balancing its factions, since both have the same choices availible to them.

ofcourse you could say its not fun that all realms have the same choices availible to them, but you can also say its not fun that you will never be able to fight another alb fotmgroup with your alb fotmgroup ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom