Mythic & Blizzard

Aada

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
Its arguable if it really matters that everything is 'the same', or that everything has to be 'different'. As having played both DAOC and WOW hardcore, i can tell you that both do not differ much from each other when it comes to things being 'the same' as your characther/team in pvp/rvr.
Sure, in daoc each realm has different classes, but each realm still has (more or less) the same abilities as your realm, but they are just distributed differently among their classes, which has little impact to the overall 'uniqueness' in the end. Its the same for wow, while each factions' classes has exactly the same options availible in 'speclines' and equipment, you will seldom fight someone who is a exact copy of your characther in specline and equipment.

One advantage wow has is that it will have a much easier time balancing its factions, since both have the same choices availible to them.

ofcourse you could say its not fun that all realms have the same choices availible to them, but you can also say its not fun that you will never be able to fight another alb fotmgroup with your alb fotmgroup ;)

Your wrong.. atleast in my opinion in wow there is a cookie cutter build for each class and noone ever specs differently in DAOC there is a cookie cutter build but there is also the option to have a different unique build that isn't gimped just different.

Your right.. it would be a pile of shit if every realm had the same choice.. what would be the point in different realms? might aswell just scrap pvp and have PVE instead. Hope you don't become a game designer :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Your wrong.. atleast in my opinion in wow there is a cookie cutter build for each class and noone ever specs differently in DAOC there is a cookie cutter build but there is also the option to have a different unique build that isn't gimped just different.
Both have fotm specs, i clearly remember there always was a fotm cookie cutter spec for the damage dealers in my days (toa days, and with a fixed item template)

Aada said:
Your right.. it would be a pile of shit if every realm had the same choice.. what would be the point in different realms? might aswell just scrap pvp and have PVE instead.

What the point would be? well you have to choose a side if you want to fight another right? ;p
Give me a single valid argument why it would be a pile of shit where pvp should be scrapped? As i said, even with the same choices in items and abilities you still face completely different builds, situations, group setups and degrees of skill...

Aada said:
Hope you don't become a game designer :)
*sigh*...fanbois..... :rolleyes:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
You guys do understand that DaoC servers is a piss in the ocean compared to WoW and that insane amount of people play WoW for its PvP. Just because Freddys little corner of whiners sit here say what 30-40 people and hate WoW pvp its very bad?

Myself Im totally HATING WoW pvp but I dont deny the fact that WoW is HUGE and will continue to be so. and that their pvp is liked by a massive amount of people.

Get a grip lol

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
You guys do understand that DaoC servers is a piss in the ocean compared to WoW and that insane amount of people play WoW for its PvP. Just because Freddys little corner of whiners sit here say what 30-40 people and hate WoW pvp its very bad?

Myself Im totally HATING WoW pvp but I dont deny the fact that WoW is HUGE and will continue to be so. and that their pvp is liked by a massive amount of people.

Get a grip lol

Did you hate the PvP itself or were you just not to keen on the reward system and Instanced BG's.

Basicly fell down becuase by the time most people got the PvP blue set they had already got a decient set up Epic gear from MC/Onix etc. Instances was either Alt Valley a big zerg till the side with the lowest pop did not have enough people to defend or WSG Druid and Free action potion "fun" !

Group vs group fights outside the instances though were fun. Specially around Dire Maul were it was FFA.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
So many things that wasnt enjoyable. Especially the way of ease you could turn not in view vs casters :mad:

As I said not my cup of tea that game. But therefor I aint dissin the people playin it still. Since its a huge game and success. and its always a laugh to watch the small FH population dictate the mmo world :sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom