Buh Bye Mythic!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not been mythic since they were bought by ea really

Raped and pillaged by ea who don't know anything about mmo. To make them a mobile studio was a crime

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
Just noticed they closed WH too.. ahh well guess it was to be expected

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just noticed they closed WH too.. ahh well guess it was to be expected

Warhammer closed like December last year, it was well and truely dead. DAOC will be next if Broadsword don't shape up.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, time to start expecting an announcement that DAoC is shutting down as well then. Pretty confident that EA is looking for an excuse to do that, and this might be it.

Warhammer closed like December last year, it was well and truely dead. DAOC will be next if Broadsword don't shape up.

Think that's gonna make a difference? I hope they keep the game up but i'm not holding my breath.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, time to start expecting an announcement that DAoC is shutting down as well then. Pretty confident that EA is looking for an excuse to do that, and this might be it.

Think that's gonna make a difference? I hope they keep the game up but i'm not holding my breath.

pretty sure it won't make a difference unless they get funding from somewhere, I doubt EA will give them additional funding and DAOC doesn't pull in enough to splash the cash on improvements + now larger employee list. So they need investment from somewhere and to be quite frank who will invest in an old game like DAOC when it hasn't exactly got much to show off? no real potential unless it gets a large cash injection AND even then i'd question the success.

I'm just waiting for the announcement now, I suspect it'll last another year or so maybe before they consider shutting it down.... or until Camelot Unchained comes out :p Camelot Unchained will probably drag enough people away from DAOC to be the final nail in the coffin.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
pretty sure it won't make a difference unless they get funding from somewhere, I doubt EA will give them additional funding and DAOC doesn't pull in enough to splash the cash on improvements + now larger employee list. So they need investment from somewhere and to be quite frank who will invest in an old game like DAOC when it hasn't exactly got much to show off? no real potential unless it gets a large cash injection AND even then i'd question the success.

I'm just waiting for the announcement now, I suspect it'll last another year or so maybe before they consider shutting it down.... or until Camelot Unchained comes out :p Camelot Unchained will probably drag enough people away from DAOC to be the final nail in the coffin.
Hah, the final nail in the coffin. How many times have we heard that now? WoW, WAR, EverQuest, ESO etc. were all supposed to be the final nail in the coffin for daoc, yet it is still alive. More like a cancerous patient on his death bed, but still alive :) I don't think it will last that much longer, but daoc itself will put in the last nail, not another game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hah, the final nail in the coffin. How many times have we heard that now? WoW, WAR, EverQuest, ESO etc. were all supposed to be the final nail in the coffin for daoc, yet it is still alive. More like a cancerous patient on his death bed, but still alive :) I don't think it will last that much longer, but daoc itself will put in the last nail, not another game.

Neither of those have been a spiritual successor to DAOC though, Camelot Unchained will be.... essentially.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH

640px-Triple-facepalm.jpg

They cant close it because they sold it to broadsword.....they just manage the billing for a while.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Nah, I'd imagine that Broadsword have been given 6-12-18-24 months in order to sort stuff out, and get subs up, or they're out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom