Murdered Baby?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
The offender does not deserve to be left to get over it. What a stupid thing to say.

well he will have to live and regret it, bad choice of words i know... shoot me

tris- said:
lets say this guy is going to do this to someone, no matter what. who do you think the more acceptable victim is?

yes, and its not more acceptable no matter who is murdered

tris- said:
i think you will find the people who say what they may do, would probably do it.

and you think its acceptable to talk about butchering a man for revenge? justice?

Calaen said:
I really do want this man put to death and in a public place as well, to send a big fuck off strong message to anyone else out there who thinks they can get away with whatever they want without real punishment being served.

imo death is one of the nicest punishments you can give to a killer, they dont have to live with themselfs that way

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
yes, and its not more acceptable no matter who is murdered

but i want to know your ethical stance on this (if ethical is the right word).

lets imagine, the man will murder and rape someone, no matter what. would you prefer he did it to a 20 yr old woman or 2 yr old child?

neither are desirable of course, but for one of them its inevitable.

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
Lets forget the victim and parents and there rights and let him out in 35 years or so?...after all he as played his detet to society,Hell why not let him change his name too.:twak:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

lets imagine, the man will murder and rape someone, no matter what. would you prefer he did it to a 20 yr old woman or 2 yr old child?

All the same in my book, well, not really...but if i say i'd rather it happen to the 2y/o, i'm labeled as a cold bastard, just because it would be my choice. If i say i'd have it happen to the 20 y/o, it's ok?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeh, its not fare though... your a mod:(

Indeed, but that doesn't mean I am right all the time :)

In a book a fellow member here was kind enough to send me, the protagonist has lost his memory. In a discussion in the book, he argues with another character about the fact that he may have been an evil bastard, but now he has forgotten it all, and his current persona has no wish at all to be the man he once was. The character he is arguing with states that just because he has forgotten all his past life doesn't absolve him of what he has done (or words to that effect).

When I think about the baby killer, I imagine that the person must have a mental illness because who wishes to rape and kill a baby of their own accord? Now, say that this killer will be cured of his illness, will that absolve him of his crime? Where is the guilty party then? Is it society in general, who has allowed the killer to become the way he is? Is it still the killer? If the killer is cured of his delusion, can we claim that we have punished the person who committed the crime to the extent that he is destroyed and a whole new persona is in place? How will we know for sure?

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
bring back disemboweling.

if you English bastards could do it to a level headed young Scottish farmer (William Wallace) then its good enough for this twat.

yes - the above is in jest - and I have read what this guy has done.

To me, he didnt even think about the repercussions of his actions, because jail is not a deterrant to these people.

Capital punishment should be brought back for these kind of crimes.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie

i cant answer that... there equally as bad

though, if im taking a survival/selfish stand point, the 2 year old... cause im almost 20 and i dont fancy the idea of being murdered and/or raped

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Indeed, but that doesn't mean I am right all the time :)

In a book a fellow member here was kind enough to send me, the protagonist has lost his memory. In a discussion in the book, he argues with another character about the fact that he may have been an evil bastard, but now he has forgotten it all, and his current persona has no wish at all to be the man he once was. The character he is arguing with states that just because he has forgotten all his past life doesn't absolve him of what he has done (or words to that effect).

Sounds like a book from the Scavenger trilogy by K. J. Parker.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
mm... you may be right Cal.

I remember seeing it somewhere too....

Calaen

Whether or not it is that book, I know for sure that is also in that book cause I just finished the Trilogy about Poldarn :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
There is always a reason why people do these things. It might not be soemthign immediate, it might have a lot to do with their background, their upbringing, their faulty genes, the drugs they take, etc, etc, but i firmly believe we are all products of our backgrounds and personal situations.

I think it was Dennis Nielsen who, when asked at his sentencing by the judge presiding "Why did you commit these murders?" said something like "I was hoping you would be able to tell me that."

God pass me the wooley jumper and the copy of the Guardian :(

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
God pass me the wooley jumper and the copy of the Guardian :(
so you're more than happy that crime continues, as long as vengence is meted out on the perps? well, i'm glad i don't live in your world. i personally prefer prevention, rather than amputation myself.

Calaen

fs where is the rep!!!!!

do you have the full set of them yet? I found they were difficult to read I hate it when authors use brackets to try and explain the mood or setting :-(

Kinda off topic I know but Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy is damn good.

anyway Kill them all!!!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
so you're more than happy that crime continues, as long as vengence is meted out on the perps? well, i'm glad i don't live in your world. i personally prefer prevention, rather than amputation myself.

I dont. Amputation is and will always be the answer.

*edit by fascist mod*

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I agree with Yaruar. Better to lock these people up and try and learn from their mistakes to prevent others doing the same horrible things.

With most crimes its not hard to be subjective when it comes to punishment and rehabilitation. With children, the exact opposite is true.

TdC

fs where is the rep!!!!!

do you have the full set of them yet? I found they were difficult to read I hate it when authors use brackets to try and explain the mood or setting :-(

Kinda off topic I know but Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy is damn good.

anyway Kill them all!!!

book forum! oh, wait... eh carry on!

TdC

Because I thought what you said was going a bit too far mate. Perhaps I misread your post?

Calaen

I agree with Yaruar. Better to lock these people up and try and learn from their mistakes to prevent others doing the same horrible things.

With most crimes its not hard to be subjective when it comes to punishment and rehabilitation. With children, the exact opposite is true.

Isnt that a waste of your taxes though Tom? Paying for someone to live a life of luxury because they raped and murdered a 2 year old?

People make split second decisions no full mental evalution can grasp the human concept of doing something at one particular moment because they can. It is not something you can solve.

If I was to go outside and kill someone now it would have nothing to do with how I was brought up, just an decision made on the spot.

However I feel that people like to point at parents or a poor upbringing as an excuse. It is almost like we create an excuse to let them off before they actually do any wrong. It is not a good example to set.

TdC

you see, *this* is what i was going on about;)

I never claimed to be infallible, dude. If I read Throd's post incorrectly then he's most assuredly going to tell me so :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt that a waste of your taxes though Tom? Paying for someone to live a life of luxury because they raped and murdered a 2 year old?

People make split second decisions no full mental evalution can grasp the human concept of doing something at one particular moment because they can. It is not something you can solve.

If I was to go outside and kill someone now it would have nothing to do with how I was brought up, just an decision made on the spot.

However I feel that people like to point at parents or a poor upbringing as an excuse. It is almost like we create an excuse to let them off before they actually do any wrong. It is not a good example to set.

if you/they/we try to rehabilitate him though, they will need that info

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
*resists urge to mod Teedles*

*bums instead*

I also didn't get your mod comment psyco. Was it meant because we are mods we can say what we like and get away with it? If so that is uber wrong, Jup watches us......he watches us and waits(faps) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom