Most overpowered stealther poll:

B

BidAccount

The only assassin issue there is is buffbotts.

Everything else is balanced.

Lose buffbots and there will be no issues.

K

knoll

so there is no issue at all there except buffbots u cant be that fucking stupid.

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by knoll
well dare to specc slash then be a man like the slash infs but i bet u are a thrust inf like 99,9% of the rest.
sure slash infs hurt more but its actually fun meeting them being able to atleast hit em all the fight instead of just standing there.
i never whined about LA getting nerfed think it was needed in some degree.

but to say we are on pair with other assasins well i just dont think so.

INF 2.5 specc points, DF, Vanish, con/str debuff, AF buff from buffbots equal to some AOP ability to specc thrust/slash.

NS con/str debuff, specc either slash/pierce, two insane RA's viper and AOP.

SB same dmg as the others and none of the above oh right forgott we got shadowrun and 2-handed weapons.

You forgot the haste buff in mid/hib bots and the fact that mid hit with both weapons all the time which combining with the haste buff and the use of a very slow right hand weapon and very fast left hand weapon is painful.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy

Get a clue :D

R

-RG-Jaond

Originally posted by ilienwyn
You forgot the haste buff in mid/hib bots and the fact that mid hit with both weapons all the time which combining with the haste buff and the use of a very slow right hand weapon and very fast left hand weapon is painful.

Healer got haste in mid so we need 2 bots for that just like alb need an theurgist.

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
Healer got haste in mid so we need 2 bots for that just like alb need an theurgist.

Yes but alb is not a conc buff. And isn't necessary for everyone to have 2 bots (although some do have) but if one is having a haste bot and rest share buffs it works as well. But either ay you got natural haste all the time with both weapons hitting...

R

-RG-Jaond

Donttouchmyfotm you will get "fixed" :cheers:

We all know it, but try leave amg while you can cause theres much more to see in daoc then a milegate.

K

knoll

well dunno about the rest of the SB community but i would be glad to get rid of current LA mechanics give CD/DW mechanics and give the albs LA mechanics since they think its so ubah hitting for 40 with offhand

B

BidAccount

Is there?

Can you point me to the radar system that'll show me the way around?

(Yes its an uncalled for flame, but the original comment was a stupid one)

G

Ghostly

well dunno about the rest of the SB community but i would be glad to get rid of current LA mechanics give CD/DW mechanics and give the albs LA mechanics since they think its so ubah hitting for 40 with offhand

yeah, cuz hitting for 40 dmg all the time or for 80 dmg 50% of the times makes that much diffrence :rolleyes: the real difrence between LA - CD/DW isn't offhand damage.

R

-RG-Jaond

Is there?

Can you point me to the radar system that'll show me the way around?

(Yes its an uncalled for flame, but the original comment was a stupid one)

Nope that is Red Guard secret sorry ;)

K

knoll

the secret is we cant have 18 LA and 50 axe and hope to get away with it.

and we dont have 2.5 specc points to help us

G

Ghostly

the secret is we cant have 18 LA and 50 axe and hope to get away with it.

and we dont have 2.5 specc points to help us

and why exactly do you need 50 axe?

edit: n/m to counter DF I guess... which is valid :)

B

BidAccount

This was on pierce/thrust spec, but did a comparison of 39 plus 11 ws on NS and 50 plus 11 ws on infil.

Difference was about 80 ws unbuffed.

Infils only spec 50 to get DF. If it wasn't at 50, they wouldn't go that high.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
There is nothing wrong with sb doing good against every class exept thrust infils.

The problem is df and the str/con debuff that hurt sb more then thrust infil, but im sure it will get "fixed"

I made a slash inf only to kill SB's. I do better against SB's cause of my slash damage having a bonus vs a SB.
I suck versus NS, they will clean their shithouse with me, but I don't care, as long as I can kill SB's.

So you want to be uber vs slash infs, and vs thrust infs I see.
Sb's allways want the best of both worlds.
It is sad when I hit a SB for 400hp damage before they notice me, that they can go on to own my ass and get away with 40% hp. Kind of shows that there is nothing wrong with SB's at all, and much like pre 1.62 nerf (it was only 10% btw... not as bad as you lot think it was) I have to PA/CD in order to win. Nothing wrong with that, just a shame SB's still don't have to, and yet manage to complain.
Regards, Glottis

Z

Zoldot

haha this is so funny reading all the idiotic posts.
especially those from glottis and the guy named donttouch something.
Glottis you suck.
If you got a infil with 50 thrust etc and loose vs sb's that often you really suck. Unless you only count when SB happen to have purge up. I not really care if infils get nerfed or not since I'm not playing daoc anymore. But its so damn fun to read glottis posts where he actually bilieve what he says. haha

Hope u make another funny and try to make sense reply.
when infact it's only BS you talk and maybe dont have anything do do with the thing or whatever.Last thing I have to say to you glottis is You suck! ;)

G

Ghostly

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I made a slash inf only to kill SB's. I do better against SB's cause of my slash damage having a bonus vs a SB.

Originally posted by Zoldot
Glottis you suck.
If you got a infil with 50 thrust etc and loose vs sb's that often you really suck.

You aint too bright, huh, Zoldot?

G

Glottis_Xanadu

haha this is so funny reading all the idiotic posts.
especially those from glottis and the guy named donttouch something.
Glottis you suck.
If you got a infil with 50 thrust etc and loose vs sb's that often you really suck. Unless you only count when SB happen to have purge up. I not really care if infils get nerfed or not since I'm not playing daoc anymore. But its so damn fun to read glottis posts where he actually bilieve what he says. haha

Hope u make another funny and try to make sense reply.
when infact it's only BS you talk and maybe dont have anything do do with the thing or whatever.Last thing I have to say to you glottis is You suck! ;)

Hmm, not sure who sucks more...
You reading BW boards while you stopped playing...
Or me talking from my own personal experience as a slash inf..
But judging from your reading skills, it is pretty obvious :p
I don't lose all fights, I don't win all fights... seems pretty balanced to me. At the moment, DaoC is more about the best BB than anything else really.
Regards, Glottis

Z

Zoldot

Exactly like ur reply over here, did that make sense? I stopped playing daoc for 2 days ago ;)
and didnt glottis sad he respecced to slash or what? so he had a thrust before?
btw if ur slash inf then its diff. I mean that DF is overpowered no ide about slash infs

Z

Zoldot

Originally posted by Hroft[BC]
Same issue faces slash/blades specc'd infils & NS. A thrust line would seem reasonable for SBs, at the cost of sword or axe. They'l respec out of it in a hearbeat when they realise it does less damage than axe/sword.

1. Infi and NS have the choice between str and str/dex. SBs do NOT have one.

Each assassin class has access to two weapon lines plus critstrike. Equal.

2. Read carefully! Axe/Sword (Mid) are both Slash, Blades/Pierce (Hib) are Slash/Thrust, Slashing/Thrusting (ALb) are Slash/Thrust. Not equal.

Slash/blades infil/NS face same problem.

3. See #1.

Opinion. At the moment Shadowrun is better than vanish, purely because vanish is bugged and doesn't work properly. NS have the best RA access, but agree SBs could use a little something.

4. I know about the bug, but at least some Infis get Vanish while i know that zero Sbs got Shadowrun, even including US servers.

So? heroes get rear positional stun, whilst polearmsmen get 2 stage reactionery stun. SB stun is at 39 spec, whilst infils at 50. Its a tradeoff, less points spent but a stage, and quite effective, chain.

5. I am talking about Assasin balance here, not about realm balance. And in the Assasin world Dragonfang>Diamondback>Frosty Gaze. I doubt that Infis and NSs would be content with their stun removed from 50 Thrust/25 Pierce and set to 18-->39 Dual Wield / Celtic Dual.

No - its a midgard ability that shadowblades were given. It is an advantage over NS/infils who are unable to access this. It has to be counted in balance discussions.

6. Ok, good. But recent polls on Midgard and Hibernia Rogue Boards indicate that both SBs and NSs would trade their unique abilities for Infiltrator one (0.3 spec pts). Thus, my point remains intact.

So no class in Hib/Alb is vuln to slash?

a. RTFM. There are zero classes in Albion who are vuln to slash, and only scale users are vuln to slash in Hibernia - and they shouldn't me our primary targets anyway except maybe Druids.
b. I repeat, i am talking about Assasin balance here. If my enemy can spec slash which i am vlun too - i should be able to do same thing.

Caps and reality on even con opponent are different stories. Infil xbow sucks ass - approx 60 points damage/hit. Is this really an issue or were you clutching at straws at this point?

a. My dagger hits for approx 35 dmg on even con oppenents.
b. I agree, this point is a minor one. But it is a disadvantage anyway.

You're counting buffbotts in assassin balance? Please!
9. Yes! And i will continue to do so until all assasins will be going RvR without buffbots.

Its here. You do comparable damge on mainhand on even spec and comparable damage on offhand on even spec. Now stop being a greedy little shadowblade, and play the game the rest of us have been playing for the last 12 months.

a. It is not here. In this case there would be equal amount of assasins of each realm, and this is not an issue.
b. Now stop being a little rude FOTM infiltrator - there are plenty of u already and according to biology u will start eating each other soon.

Here is an example of donttouch whatever's post and when hroft is replying, hrofts make more sense to me then donttouch..

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Exactly like ur reply over here, did that make sense? I stopped playing daoc for 2 days ago ;)
and didnt glottis sad he respecced to slash or what? so he had a thrust before?
btw if ur slash inf then its diff. I mean that DF is overpowered no ide about slash infs

You stopped playing DaoC 2 years ago and yet claim you know anything about it?
WTF are you smoking? You know it is illegal outside Denmark and Holland I hope?
Regards, Glottis

K

knoll

look at u glottis u havent stopped playing and u still dont know shit so stop buggering the guy.

Glottis motto "I whine there for i am"

K

knoll

To Glottis

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I suck versus NS, they will clean their shithouse with me, but I don't care, as long as I can kill SB's.

So you want to be uber vs slash infs, and vs thrust infs I see.
Sb's allways want the best of both worlds.
It is sad when I hit a SB for 400hp damage before they notice me, that they can go on to own my ass and get away with 40% hp. Kind of shows that there is nothing wrong with SB's at all, and much like pre 1.62 nerf (it was only 10% btw... not as bad as you lot think it was) I have to PA/CD in order to win. Nothing wrong with that, just a shame SB's still don't have to, and yet manage to complain.
Regards, Glottis

u made this big scary slash inf to kill SB.
the best inf to kill SB's with. according to your own words.

i PA/CD inf and i still loose sometimes depending on their RR of course NERF infs
and still u get your ass whopped from monday to sunday while those gimp thrust infs eat SB's for breakfast.

what does that make u then mr whiner

H

heists

hehe

The last thing SBs want is for infils to spec out of thrust. DF excepted its the worst weapon spec line in the 3 realms.

So no DF, no reason to spec thrust. So infils turn to slash.

Instead of a 10%(?) resistance to thrust, SBs face a 10& (?) vulnerability to slash. You'll get hit 20% harder by a slash infil than a thrust one.

trust me - you want infils to spec thrust.

when purge is down i prefer fighting a slashfil
slashfils isnt even close to what old sz was, but sure they are hard some of them

A

Aloca

Stealth:35
Dual Weild:28
CS:34
Thrust:50
Envenom:26

best spec for a infil with 2.2 spec pts (i think)

B

BidAccount

I just haven't been arsed to reply to Hroft. its easy enough to create that kind of list for each assassin class claiming they're weak.

Important note. Balanced does not mean the same. Balance may not be class to class, but is realm v realm. (For example Hero>Warrior>Armsman - not balanced class v class, but arguably balanced realm v realm)

OK - bit by bit:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Hroft[BC]

1. Infi and NS have the choice between str and str/dex. SBs do NOT have one.

This is by realm design not oversight. Balanced does not mean the same.

2. Read carefully! Axe/Sword (Mid) are both Slash, Blades/Pierce (Hib) are Slash/Thrust, Slashing/Thrusting (ALb) are Slash/Thrust. Not equal.

Yes equal - 2 weapon lines plus CS. No-one said the weapon lines for all assassins should be the same. Different realms, different abilities but balanced here.

4. I know about the bug, but at least some Infis get Vanish while i know that zero Sbs got Shadowrun, even including US servers.

Agreed - but is a functional RA that is underutilised better than a non functional one that is purchased?

5. I am talking about Assasin balance here, not about realm balance. And in the Assasin world Dragonfang>Diamondback>Frosty Gaze. I doubt that Infis and NSs would be content with their stun removed from 50 Thrust/25 Pierce and set to 18-->39 Dual Wield / Celtic Dual.

You're making the mistake of class v class comparisons. Balanced does not mean the same. You have an effective stun available at 400 and odd less spec points tha an infil. This is a realm game, and as as much as people want to turn it into a soloists duelling arena thats not the design.

6. Ok, good. But recent polls on Midgard and Hibernia Rogue Boards indicate that both SBs and NSs would trade their unique abilities for Infiltrator one (0.3 spec pts). Thus, my point remains intact.

Yes - and if you take polls as any indicator every class in the game would be fighting with toothpicks and look identical. Of cours the grass is always greener, and greedy powergamers want more rather than utilising what they have.

a. RTFM. There are zero classes in Albion who are vuln to slash, and only scale users are vuln to slash in Hibernia - and they shouldn't me our primary targets anyway except maybe Druids.
b. I repeat, i am talking about Assasin balance here. If my enemy can spec slash which i am vlun too - i should be able to do same thing.

No - not necessarly. You have targets that are vuln, neutral and resistant. Thats balanced. Plate users in Albion face a realm where only one class uses thrust (the damage form they're resistant too), and virtually every class can use crush (vuln type). Mid Scale users face a vuln to the most common damage type in game. Realm balance, not class v class balance.

a. My dagger hits for approx 35 dmg on even con oppenents.
b. I agree, this point is a minor one. But it is a disadvantage anyway.

The cost I would concur on, but 20 points of damage is moot.

9. Yes! And i will continue to do so until all assasins will be going RvR without buffbots.

And I agree with you o buffbots - they are an imbalancing exploit that I'd like to see the back of.

a. It is not here. In this case there would be equal amount of assasins of each realm, and this is not an issue.
b. Now stop being a little rude FOTM infiltrator - there are plenty of u already and according to biology u will start eating each other soon.

Now you know thats not true.

Do we have the same number of players in each realm? Do we have the same number of classes in each realm?

Its a facile point to claim that if there was balance numbers would be equal - that simply doesn't hold water.

For my next trick I will be producing an equally biased list for why infils are underpowered - its easy enough to do.

H

Haldar

donttouchpoopy

basically, all ur words turn to this:

1. Balanced doesnt means the same.
2. Realms are (more or less - my remark) balanced in terms of RvR combat, not in terms of AvA combat.(*)

sure, i agree with both ur points - as they are true.

But i think that assasins SHOULD be balanced in AvA combat too! As approximately 80% of any assasin's target are other assasins.

And u surely want to keep current situation - as currently Infi>NS>>SB in AvA combat.

Now, a simple question. Would u like to trade ur Infiltrator for a equal rank/equipment Shadowblade, if u claim that we are balanced? Please explain ur decision....but please dont bring roleplay arguments like "I like Albion", "I put a lot of efforts in this char", "My friends are here", etc. Would u trade ur own powerful assasin for underpowered one, even though <insert Midgard overall advantage here>?....

(*) - Assasin versus Assasin

R

-RG-Jaond

IFor my next trick I will be producing an equally biased list for why infils are underpowered - its easy enough to do.

Hehe show me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom