Ml path for Skald in Mid tank group?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well he didn't ask what was the most challenging did he! :p If they want a challenge they can run naked! What he asked for was, what is better for a mid tank group. Which is soj on the skald.

If you get FZ'd 3 times in a row, tough luck :p Alot of groups rest to get some RA's back up. But they won't wait 5 mins for 1 FZ to come back. In a fight you rarely FZ the same target alot of times in a row. Watch the TT movie, and see how they use their FZ's, they have 3 of them.

Also notice Crom only has 2 FZ's (pac healer + skald). Removing soj on skald and there's only 1 soj in group.

Either way, the answer is, soj is best for skald in a tank group.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Well he didn't ask what was the most challenging did he! :p If they want a challenge they can run naked! What he asked for was, what is better for a mid tank group. Which is soj on the skald.

If you get FZ'd 3 times in a row, tough luck :p Alot of groups rest to get some RA's back up. But they won't wait 5 mins for 1 FZ to come back. In a fight you rarely FZ the same target alot of times in a row. Watch the TT movie, and see how they use their FZ's, they have 3 of them.

Also notice Crom only has 2 FZ's (pac healer + skald). Removing soj on skald and there's only 1 soj in group.

Either way, the answer is, soj is best for skald in a tank group.

Well, it's all so obvious and the only thing left is some spiced w(h)ine to contribute to this thread ;).

So I did my best.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
If I'd troll I'd dig up some of your posts where you ask CM to go and have FG fights so they can earn some "proper respect".

"Proper respect" makes me laugh, if you want my proper respect, don't use FZ and PS and SoS and god knows what on inc :p. Not saying you are, but you get the picture.

Look and here I trolled now, you made me.

:mad:

By all means dig up those posts, tell you what, you dig up my trolling posts and i'll dig up yours, and lets see who has the biggest list - oh wait, life is too short :<

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
I guess it depends on spec. When I played healer around a year ago aug healers were going 42 mending 33 Aug. This gave them cure nearsight so they could go sojourner.

I don't know what the current best considered spec is. Maybe they are going more aug for the better resists and spec AF. You need more than just the shaman with cure nearsight anyway.

i think the healer thing goes down to personal preferences. i liked perf better on my aug:er since i found more used of cure ns and grp cure disease more than FZ and PS.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
i think the healer thing goes down to personal preferences. i liked perf better on my aug:er since i found more used of cure ns and grp cure disease more than FZ and PS.

Didnt they change the healing line around abit to include cure nearsight and group disease?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Didnt they change the healing line around abit to include cure nearsight and group disease?

Cure nearsight is 40 mend.
Group cure diesease is 46 mend.

An aug healer can get cure nearsight without gimping his other abilities much but not group cure diesease. I would say that cure nearsight is essential on an aug healer so your choices are:

42 mend 33 aug + soj
39 mend 37 aug + perf

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Cure nearsight is 40 mend.
Group cure diesease is 46 mend.

An aug healer can get cure nearsight without gimping his other abilities much but not group cure diesease. I would say that cure nearsight is essential on an aug healer so your choices are:

42 mend 33 aug + soj
39 mend 37 aug + perf

Hmm, too be honest, the argument for this was all over the yank servers. The power cost and casting time for cure disease(the spec one), its quicker and cheaper to use several single

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
power regen when sitting in a tower.

I'd assume not only the shaman would have fop for those occurances, but in every siege I think i've ever been to (with more than just your group there) there's at least 30 fops scattered about in every possible location.

Wanting to dump a FOP and FOH at your groups hidyhole would of made sense to have 2 perf's for sieging, just not for power regen reasons alone.

Dard

Part of the furniture
I went sojo, if it doesnt work out i'll repsec & try warlord, thanks for the input everyone. :)

Right_Eye

Banned
And then you have people who only played a bd in their life, call WL a soloer line. Which is all too true if you loose on your rr11 bd vs a rr6 hero, cause the WL'r scares your army awah and you just lost all your skills.

Its nice to see you still bitter about never being able to compete. And also trying to claim fame from the time i left you as a solo tank and you though you would repay that generosity by slamming me and killing me with all the other mongloids. Although current players of dyvet may find this to be a major achievement, you my "freind" will find that current players of dyvet are much like yourself. Wankers that have never achieved anything and never will. I hope you are enoying the server with your FG of rangers (that die to a solo bonedancer(brite)) very much. :D and i hope to throw you some change in the street very soon when your parents finally throw you out :)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Its nice to see you still bitter about never being able to compete. And also trying to claim fame from the time i left you as a solo tank and you though you would repay that generosity by slamming me and killing me with all the other mongloids. Although current players of dyvet may find this to be a major achievement, you my "freind" will find that current players of dyvet are much like yourself. Wankers that have never achieved anything and never will. I hope you are enoying the server with your FG of rangers (that die to a solo bonedancer(brite)) very much. :D and i hope to throw you some change in the street very soon when your parents finally throw you out :)

Christ you sound bitter mate, you might grow out of it.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I'd assume not only the shaman would have fop for those occurances, but in every siege I think i've ever been to (with more than just your group there) there's at least 30 fops scattered about in every possible location.

Wanting to dump a FOP and FOH at your groups hidyhole would of made sense to have 2 perf's for sieging, just not for power regen reasons alone.

For duvet I disagree - but then you're an alb. Many many times weve been the only group attacking or defending a tower (not talking about sieging a keep here!). However, you might by accident have a point - probably a lot less likely to be on your own on Limors.

Still have perf for group cure disease anyhow.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

Mmm, I wouldnt get too high and mighty about measuring achievment by how well you play a computer game. But thats a different discussion.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, too be honest, the argument for this was all over the yank servers. The power cost and casting time for cure disease(the spec one), its quicker and cheaper to use several single

the ML-cure disease has the advantage that you don't need line of sight for it to work. and i'm not sure but isn't the single target cure disease kinda short range as well?

anyway, i never really liked the 42-mendspec. didn't have that much time to try it out though, maybe i never gave it a chance.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Mmm, I wouldnt get too high and mighty about measuring achievment by how well you play a computer game. But thats a different discussion.

I have him on ignore, it would be nice if people could stop quoting him so I don't have to read the bullshit from someone who got dozens of FH accounts perma banned.

:-/

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
For duvet I disagree - but then you're an alb.

No need to insult me.. :(

Cromcruaich said:
However, you might by accident have a point - probably a lot less likely to be on your own on Limors.

accident!? :p It was a carefully reasoned point given that I knew you were on Limors.. If your seiging a tower by yourselves you can normally get away with the one FOP, or it's going to take you over 5 mins by which time you can keep 2 of them up, so i'd still rather have the sojo tools.

Cromcruaich said:
Still have perf for group cure disease anyhow.

I've played quite a bit of classic mid and never found lack of group disease cure to be a major issue if you were good at using the single target one when needed. There's times when it's very handy but i'd rather have the extra sojo tools and rely on the shammy to do it when it's vital.

Both alb and hib have disease spam on their nearsighting class so interuping it tends to be fairly high up on the priority list, especially if your aware you only have one perf. They will both rape you with damage if left unattended as well.

Mids have the shammies insta disease and it's also on a chain wearing class that's not going to 2-shot you and has much better kiting abilities so you tend to find they survive much longer making disease curing a much more important issue when facing them.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
No need to insult me.. :(
Hehe no insult intended.

I'd much rather group cure disease, its simple logistics. No LOS issues, and casting 2/3/4 single targ cure diseases is wasting 1, 2 or 3 casts -its really the very basis of play - maximising your offense over defense. From experience, I know things are going badly if I start having to switch from primarily interupting to primarily healing. Youve lost the initiative at that point.

Anyway, I digress, your right really and i agree, can make do with 1 perf in group

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I have been ns'ed on Avalon less times than i have fingers :confused: On Excal it was a whole different gravy

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Hehe no insult intended.

I'd much rather group cure disease, its simple logistics. No LOS issues, and casting 2/3/4 single targ cure diseases is wasting 1, 2 or 3 casts -its really the very basis of play - maximising your offense over defense. From experience, I know things are going badly if I start having to switch from primarily interupting to primarily healing. Youve lost the initiative at that point.

Anyway, I digress, your right really and i agree, can make do with 1 perf in group

I agree grp cure dis is velly handy, however, being public enemy #1 in a tank grp the FZ and PS works alot better for me.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I agree grp cure dis is velly handy, however, being public enemy #1 in a tank grp the FZ and PS works alot better for me.

How did Dana take being told that he'd have to stop shearing for 2 secs to group cure disease????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom