Ml path for Skald in Mid tank group?

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
2 choices, both nice lines - Warlord or Soj.

What are peoples opinions for Skald ML line for a full mid tank group?

1 warlord already in group.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well with 2 sojos in a mid group already, the real question is, what a 3rd one really gives you.

The buffs aren't needed anymore, so it boils down to zephyr and PS. A 3rd zeph can come in handy cause the 10min timer is ok to assume it's up most fights, meaning you can handle some MoC'ing or BG'd guy much easier, while PS helps when you overextended and find yourself far away from heals.

Warlord is nice, but the lower tier buffs like +crit or +miss on one hit don't have such an impact. ML3 defo helps versus theurgs though, so that might be a nice reason to get more Warlords. Also the ML10 thing is pretty nice when facing tank-groups.

In my opinion you should decide that depending on what you have most problems with. If you can deal rather easily with tanks and pets, then go Sojo, else go Warlord.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Mmm traditionally weve been slow to deal with bg'rs, but that was probably more due to poor comms.

Have been warned that there are some very good bg'rs on Limors though.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Can't have to many Warlords in the group. Siege Master/Cowering Bellow/Leadership/Warguard, hell even Bolstering Battlecry and Defending Martyr are more usefull then most of the Soj ability's.
The only thing voting for Soj is FZ and PS, so there's really no choice tbh.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
midgard section anybody? :ninja::england:

FZ ftw!!! warlord smells

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
midgard section anybody? :ninja::england:

FZ ftw!!! warlord smells

Hehe there is always at least one, I was just wondering who would be the first.

You win virtual hug.

/hug

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Can't have to many Warlords in the group. Siege Master/Cowering Bellow/Leadership/Warguard, hell even Bolstering Battlecry and Defending Martyr are more usefull then most of the Soj ability's.
The only thing voting for Soj is FZ and PS, so there's really no choice tbh.

Maeloch always been a bit anti warlord as he thought leadership was broke. Another thing weve always suffered from is people not coordinating ML drops properly :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Leadership ain't broken Crom, it works wonders.
Mael prolly thought that cause it doesn't affect self, only realm players in range.
That's from my experience at least ^^

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Soj all the way. The problem with a full tank group is that BGers are our nemesis. Healers with soj are most likely not going to be next to your assist train so would take time getting there or whatever, by which time, you've been standing around doing nothing. In our group, having laruthia/lagga on assist and calling for sollski to zephyr worked wonders and often won us the fight. Everytime he'd zephyr, everyone knew it was time to pile on the target.

Of course if it bugs and the BGer just stands there, you're screwed :(

That said, it does depend on what your full tank group setup is :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Maeloch always been a bit anti warlord as he thought leadership was broke.
Nah, I was always quite a fan of warlord: pet scare every 5mins, 10% pwr/hits/end every 5mins, warguard - I always thought the pet whine went right up in our grp once mael was swapped out for an eldie. Issue is, is it worth stacking up on them, I'd say prolly not.

Right_Eye

Banned
Warlord is OK but the effects from the shouts arnt major. Its more of a soloer line. As you have a WL already on valk theres no need for another at all considering what else you would be giving up.

The effects from FZ and PS are massive, getting rid of a BGer for a period of time might allow you to drop two targets and as your a tank group and you will be pushing a lot the skald can push deep when his PS timer is up knowing he has a get out of jail free card.

Anyone recommending WL has not got a clue as you can see in this thread already -.- and i dont know which mid setup has 2 x Soj not including a skald

liloe

It's my birthday today!
*snip*

Anyone recommending WL has not got a clue as you can see in this thread already -.- and i dont know which mid setup has 2 x Soj not including a skald

Whaddafuck you Valkyn ^^ That's what I just said =)) But are you saying that not all healers are sojo?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
That said, it does depend on what your full tank group setup is :)

Yup, but even then imho i'd rather have a wl on the skald then soj. Though fz'ing the bg'r is nice and dropping 1/2 target(s) (fz'ing wize) CAN mean all the differance in the world, it can also mean jack all. It all depends on the situation really.
Also as a full tank group you wanne push so the need to PS shouldnt really be there :p. Could have a BM in group, so grapple could be an option aswell, etc etc :|

The arguments stated for the skald to have FZ and PS goes (imho) for the healer aswell (defensive FZ, PS if in trouble), so i dont see why both shouldn't have soj. Also as a mid you'll see far less desease spam on your ass then vs mids ^^ and isnt there a ns cure @ 40 healing?

Ofc it all depends on what you come up against (tank group aswell/caster group/hybrid) and who has what timers up.

And then you have people who only played a bd in their life, call WL a soloer line. Which is all too true if you loose on your rr11 bd vs a rr6 hero, cause the WL'r scares your army awah and you just lost all your skills.

All in all, i dunno. 2 WL's might be a bit over the top with a tank group, then again soj doesnt offer anything, but the fz on the 10(?) min timer. So i'd take WL on it >:|

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
pachealer soj, aughealer perf, skald soj

for fairly obvious reasons!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Mh, I went soj on Aug-Healer. Those two lifesavers are really nice =)

I guess it depends on spec. When I played healer around a year ago aug healers were going 42 mending 33 Aug. This gave them cure nearsight so they could go sojourner.

I don't know what the current best considered spec is. Maybe they are going more aug for the better resists and spec AF. You need more than just the shaman with cure nearsight anyway.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Yup, but even then imho i'd rather have a wl on the skald then soj. Though fz'ing the bg'r is nice and dropping 1/2 target(s) (fz'ing wize) CAN mean all the differance in the world, it can also mean jack all. It all depends on the situation really.
Also as a full tank group you wanne push so the need to PS shouldnt really be there :p. Could have a BM in group, so grapple could be an option aswell, etc etc :|

The arguments stated for the skald to have FZ and PS goes (imho) for the healer aswell (defensive FZ, PS if in trouble), so i dont see why both shouldn't have soj. Also as a mid you'll see far less desease spam on your ass then vs mids ^^ and isnt there a ns cure @ 40 healing?

Ofc it all depends on what you come up against (tank group aswell/caster group/hybrid) and who has what timers up.

And then you have people who only played a bd in their life, call WL a soloer line. Which is all too true if you loose on your rr11 bd vs a rr6 hero, cause the WL'r scares your army awah and you just lost all your skills.

All in all, i dunno. 2 WL's might be a bit over the top with a tank group, then again soj doesnt offer anything, but the fz on the 10(?) min timer. So i'd take WL on it >:|

As I said bud, all depends on the setup. As he said for a tank group, I'm basing it on what we used to run. Zerk/zerk/valk/skald/mauler/shaman/healer/healer. Any BD in group would make it a hybrid group of sorts imo, hence why I said what I did :D

The valk will have WL in that group and an offensive PS (from skald) will out rank a defensive one when looking at evening out a fight earlier on. In terms of the setup stated above, having warlord instead will gain you very little advantage in comparison.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I'll have to go with VF here, Pac Healer Soj as he should be the more offencive one, aug healer perf so he gets the ML 1+2 abilities and Skald Soj for another offencive FZ.

As a full tank grp BGers are a nightmare, so another offencive FZ will work wonders!

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
we already 1 healer soj, 1 healer perf - expect to get in some siege while we are relearning the ropes, and doubt we can lay hands on power myths.

Think we'll probably go soj on the skald as weight of opinion seems to be leaning that way, though no casters in the group could mean pets become a major problem unless we can quickly deal with the petters, or CC out the caba pets before rr5 :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The good players need IWIN like Sojourner's FZ and PS it seems :).

SoS'ed Bards running straight into enemy group just to PS pisses me off.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
The good players need IWIN like Sojourner's FZ and PS it seems :).

SoS'ed Bards running straight into enemy group just to PS pisses me off.

Lol, as opposed to what? The bad players who dont bother using the tools available.

I'm afraid the very definition of a 'good player' are those players who understand the game mechanics and use all the tools at hand to win the fight.

Sometimes you make me laugh. You must be really bored irl with the amount of low grade trolling you're doing at the moment - get a different hobby!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Lol, as opposed to what? The bad players who dont bother using the tools available.

I'm afraid the very definition of a 'good player' are those players who understand the game mechanics and use all the tools at hand to win the fight.

Sometimes you make me laugh. You must be really bored irl with the amount of low grade trolling you're doing at the moment - get a different hobby!

What amount of low grade trolling is it? You make me laugh.

I didn't mention any particular Bard but I have seen GOOD Bards using SoS not often on inc and bad but high realm ranked Bards using it almost every time, followed by insta PS after SoS wear off because they were positioned badly. Not saying any names, but it's obvious to me who the "good player" here is - the one saving SoS and PS for a different moment.

And how is calling PS and FZ IWIN trolling anyway? They are IWIN abilities and (a small :XD) half of a Midgard group with Sojourner is just embarassing.

My 2 cents, you can have a different opinion and I understand it but no need for a broad accusation that I troll.

If I'd troll I'd dig up some of your posts where you ask CM to go and have FG fights so they can earn some "proper respect".

"Proper respect" makes me laugh, if you want my proper respect, don't use FZ and PS and SoS and god knows what on inc :p. Not saying you are, but you get the picture.

Look and here I trolled now, you made me.

:mad:

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
SoS on inc can win you the fight in alot of cases... It prevents you from getting jumped.

On inc, tanks charge in, FZ the BG'er, take out the caster. I'd sure as hell think that helps.

If you positioned badly or were simply unlucky, and you're about to die, then again I'd say PS would help. Maybe next time you'll position better. It still owns chasing away the pet on you when the pets master, ie a caba, is nuking you.

2 people in a fg ain't a half, not even a small one. Even 3 people ain't alot. Remember they have a RUT.

I don't quite see where you're going at arguing with Crom about this. It really just looks bad tbh. The question here is which of WL and soj is better for a skald in a fg, and you're trying to argue that only bad players needs soj, is that it? The tool is there to be used, whether the player is shit or good, and he asked which was better, not if there was any use in having one.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
we already 1 healer soj, 1 healer perf - expect to get in some siege while we are relearning the ropes, and doubt we can lay hands on power myths.

This doesn't really make sense.. why would lack of power myths during sieging mean perf was better on one of the healers?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
and you're trying to argue that only bad players needs soj, is that it?

Where did I say that?

And seriously, it's not hard to get the "if you want it more challenging get Warlord for group instead of Sojourner" I tried to bring across.

3 Mids in a group with Sojourner is just bullshit. You get FZ'ed 3 times in a row and just go make your coffee. Don't make me start on Healers and PS :/.

The RUT argument lost its value on Dyvet long time ago due to a huge down time (finding a group to fight) and afair on Limors groups rested there (that's what people playing there have been claiming here at least).

Sojourner > Warlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom