Minstrel, why?

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Why is there such a class? Ye ye, i know they are hard to play, and that they are hard to play solo etc, etc. The thing i dont like with mincers is that they kinda ruin the balance in stealther vs stealther. Enough said about that, this isnt a whine im just simply wondering if there is a way for mythic to fix this. Ofc its not possible to just remove mincers stealth in a patch since many people rolled a mincer to play a stealther. Imo why not offer the mincer a chance to spec parry also, and give bards/skalds stealth?

Please give some constructive idéas on how to fix this, or if you for some reason don't think it needs fixing since its not broken.

And if your just immature or a retard, flame away please, nobody will think less of you ;)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Less ablabtive songs.. only frustrating thing besides the charm. I guess they'll get a CS line and safefall too soon.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
they are without a doubt (anyone who posts any kind of arguement against this needs slapped, a lot) the most rediculous class in the game.

in normal fg v fg, zerg v zerg sure they are fine. when the class makes it so easy for people like rains, arauddry etc etc to just line up PA, with 0 challenge is just rediculous, then of course if u have purge up and use it on their mez, they hit the insta we win stun button.

i dont mind most classes in this game, i dont mind overpowered chanters, animists, infils, theurgs blah blah whatever people whine about. minstrels need to loose either stealth, or mez and insta stun.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Always one class ruins the balance between each categories in daoc.

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
that fooking sound of the flute when you are about to get mezzed

"doo do do do dododo"

and..that didnt really count but..such a useless post (like heheyougotboned)

and what Sycho said

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
imo. minstrels ruin albion balance more then anything.. most classes in albion have 0 utility but the minstrel have a shitload of it.... give some of that utility to chars that need it.. like ablative chant to clerics or something...

Clerics is one of the least utilized classes in the game as a pure healer.. their "class line" Smite is totally useless as a primary buffer and healer... its not bringing anything a group can use... like a aug healer have celerity and conc haste buffs and druids have insta AE root and stuff.. all a cleric have is a insta pbae mezz thats so lousy its not even worth speccing for atm...

ok true theres classes in midgard/Hibernia with little to no utility to, but think Clerics have it the worst...

but enough crying over clerics.. the main problem i have with minstrels is that its a stealth class with chain.... now why would a stealther have chain? i know we "discussed" this on BW a fair few times but noone acually gave me a satisfying answer as to why minstrel as a STEALTHER class should use chain..

ok u cant take logic in this game but stealther + chain armour sounds really bad imo..

so i dont really mind the 2 DD's. the insta 9 sec stun, the ablative chant, the pulsing charm (that can charm higher then the mincers lvl) the remove mezz spell. ok the charm might not be that uber as he cant have any other song on when having a pet (well he can try to twist songs)

and then we have the health regen. power regen and the fact that their single target mezz is a SONG! it does NOT have a timer in the same sence as the other "mezz classes" have and the target can acually be perma mezzed as long as the mincer wants... ok the pulses can be resisted and det tanks isnt affected much but still... casting it on a non det class that doesent have purge..........

i mean... they just have WAY to much utility :(

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
oh and their 5 infil friends miss their PA, its not enough that they can actually mez u, but of course they have to be able to sprint after u while casting mez ^^

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Yes minstrels do have a lot off things that need to be decreased/ shortened etc...

chain-studded

stun-6s or castable

mezz- Castable onlywhile standing still

etc

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
all their abilities are ghetto in groups, but very strong solo or when stealthing (i mean who the fuck notices a ablative vs savage assist trains? but vs a shadowblade its very useful)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well.. the problem isnt that they are ghetto.. the problem is that they have so fucking many of them.... :p spread out the minstrels utility on classes that need them and slightly boost the once the minstrel can keep.. :)

and dont come and tell me the mincer single target mezz is ghetto :) my shammy was mezzed for 5 mins straight once, ok i had like very little body resistance but still almost made me scream in frustration while the mincer was killing my duo mate.. didnt know it worked like that :( that song should interrupt when going in combat mode /cry

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Minstrells are grosely overpowered in stealthwars. Its ridicolous having a stealth class have so much utillity.

Koone

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
and dont come and tell me the mincer single target mezz is ghetto :) my shammy was mezzed for 5 mins straight once, ok i had like very little body resistance but still almost made me scream in frustration while the mincer was killing my duo mate.. didnt know it worked like that :( that song should interrupt when going in combat mode /cry

So if a merc would have 2-shotted your shammy when you had very little slash resist, the merc would have been too good?

If your resists are crap, it's your fault tbh... I'm lucky if my flute mezz keeps most targets mezzed for over 25s :eek:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Less ablabtive songs.. only frustrating thing besides the charm. I guess they'll get a CS line and safefall too soon.
Theyve had safefall since like 1.62 ? (before?)

Get with the times (he says to a thane..)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Koone said:
So if a merc would have 2-shotted your shammy when you had very little slash resist, the merc would have been too good?

If your resists are crap, it's your fault tbh... I'm lucky if my flute mezz keeps most targets mezzed for over 25s :eek:

i dont have a problem getting 2 shotted by a merc coz of crappy resists. because i can acually see the merc come charging most of the times.. and if im lucky my ichor with slow him down long enuff for me to chicken out and run.theres no way i can have that option versus a mincer that stealths up to me and use that mezz and then be able to take as long as he/she wants to kill whoever im duoing with.. hell i even have a tiny chance versus a infil PA. what DOES annoy me is a mezz spell with potential to have a target mezzed for 10 hours straight.. (ok no chance that will ever happend but just to make a example) i dont really care if they have acess to mezz spells. its the type im worryed about.. as u said, theres small chances that the mezz will stick for many pulses on a char with decent resists. but just that its designed to be able to is just....

and another thing... does that pulse mezz interrupt? :)

anyway. i dont think im gonna answer this anylonger :) dont wanna turn a nice thread like this to a flamewar again :(

Danyan

Loyal Freddie
Ctuchik said:
and then we have the health regen. power regen and the fact that their single target mezz is a SONG! it does NOT have a timer in the same sence as the other "mezz classes" have and the target can acually be perma mezzed as long as the mincer wants... ok the pulses can be resisted and det tanks isnt affected much but still... casting it on a non det class that doesent have purge..........
It works like any other mez, there's immunity after the mez wears off (it's actually the shortest non-insta single target mez in the game I believe, lasting around 58s for the best mez with a level 50 flute). Mez isn't a song in the sense that it pulses after you start it, it's a song in the sense that you can move while mezzing and there's no dexterity bonus on the song speed. Making it castable would mean minstrels could mez a lot faster due to their high dex.

Danyan

Loyal Freddie
Minstrel mezz interrupts like any other. It cannot keep anyone mezzed for 10 minutes solid, let alone 10 hours. You really need to learn wtf you are talking about before spouting off about it.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Mincer WS is also very low if you want to have 50 inst 29 weap and 31 stealth not autotrained :\

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic should of really never gave albion a minstrel and perhaps gave some of the utility to wiz or theurg(i.e the speed to theurg so alb could make groups easier like hib/mid and give wizard a bit of a boost)

That's how i feel anyway.

They add more classes without fixing others but mythic need to look at master lvs too now to balance the game again.(balance is impossible in any mmorpg though)

Koone

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Mythic should of really never gave albion a minstrel and perhaps gave some of the utility to wiz or theurg(i.e the speed to theurg so alb could make groups easier like hib/mid and give wizard a bit of a boost)

That's how i feel anyway.

They add more classes without fixing others but mythic need to look at master lvs too now to balance the game again.(balance is impossible in any mmorpg though)

Agree 100%. Shame that it's most likely a bit too late to do anything about it.

Also need to laugh at Mythic a bit... It's no secret that Albions multitude of Classes is hindrance... yet they are adding another class to Albion! Just hoping that the new classes will not be required in groups to compete in FG vs FG battles... :rolleyes:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Koone said:
Agree 100%. Shame that it's most likely a bit too late to do anything about it.

Also need to laugh at Mythic a bit... It's no secret that Albions multitude of Classes is hindrance... yet they are adding another class to Albion! Just hoping that the new classes will not be required in groups to compete in FG vs FG battles... :rolleyes:

To be honest, i play my wiz go out rvr and often get nukes of 200s(-300s) against good groups, now that's pretty damn awful, mentalists never get grouped EVER on prydwen(except for maeloch :p ) aswell as thanes having it hard too.It's pretty stupid how mythic still hasn't noticed any of those over 2 years now.

Koone

Fledgling Freddie
It's Mythic, what do you expect? :p They are even bringing archers close to the stealth gods they were back in the day with NF :eek:

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
and why not give minstrels ability to hand out buffs also like some certain other char... :)
because.
No more, no less.. because. :)

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Minstrels.. overpowered? naah, but oh yea you guys prolly play mid, so savages are okay..

But lets see how this turn out :rolleyes:

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Mythic should of really never gave albion a minstrel

Mythic shouldnt have given mid/hib Enchanters, Savages, instant mezz, or sorcs bold range.. this could be discussed forever, and wont be changed.

This is an endless whine about certain classes... :eek:

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Minstrels.. overpowered? naah, but oh yea you guys prolly play mid, so savages are okay..

But lets see how this turn out :rolleyes:

The minstrel in itself is not overpowered no, but the impact the class has on stealthwar is stupid, thats what Frust said. Learn to read the post before shooting your mouth off mmmk?

I do think that no class should have stealth and chain tho, just because the whole idea of it is ridiculous, I mean who the hell tries to sneak around wearing a ton of armor on him.

IMO remove stealth from Minstrel and give them parry, then they will be a better version of the skald.
Frust said that it wouldnt be fair to the ones who made a minstrel to play stealther, I say tough luck, ppl have had to reroll characters after many many patches, this would be no different.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Sobek said:
Mythic shouldnt have given mid/hib Enchanters, Savages, instant mezz, or sorcs bold range.. this could be discussed forever, and wont be changed.

This is an endless whine about certain classes... :eek:

If you dont like the subject STFU and dont read it, ok?

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
Dumle said:
The minstrel in itself is not overpowered no, but the impact the class has on stealthwar is stupid, thats what Frust said. Learn to read the post before shooting your mouth off mmmk?
/hug

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
Dumle said:
IMO remove stealth from Minstrel and give them parry, then they will be a better version of the skald.
Frust said that it wouldnt be fair to the ones who made a minstrel to play stealther, I say tough luck, ppl have had to reroll characters after many many patches, this would be no different.

That removes Bards being Support, Skalds Being Hybrid, Minstrel being stealther? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom