minstrel ml abilities

fanis

Fledgling Freddie
hi all...
i am plaing a minstrel atm which is ml 10 sojourner.
I go rvr so i was wondering if it worth it to re-train her to warlord. If i re-train her using star of destiny can i turn back to sojourner? Or it is final?

thx

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
using star of destiny is definite, need to get another sod to respec back to what you were

warlord for minstrel is cookiecutter,( hi warguard+battler charge = pwn pwn,) however from what i hear minstrels having a hard time in rvr recently
at least warlord is a much more utility line than sojo, since onlything you get from sojo is fz more or less(except for the pve bs), while you get quite a few toys being warlord instead

fanis

Fledgling Freddie
does it worth to re-train my ml-path to warlord??
anyone who play minstrel can help me on that? i almost play solo and sometimes duo.
thx in advance :)

whinersmincer

Fledgling Freddie
yes warlords is soooo much better in RVR then sojo. the only thing u can use from sojo is fz and thats up every 15 mins

Sarisir

Fledgling Freddie
I have a ml9 warlord pally (think we lack ml10 raids)... and its all great abilities... definately worth it imo

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Warlord anyday!!

FZ is a I-Win toy when its up BUT its being redesigned in next patch to be a defencive ability. Read 1.85 patch notes, basicly the player is immune to any dmg while riding the FZ so for solo its pretty useless.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
no it is not final, you can respec, and you got no need for respeccing back.

minstrels are not having a hard time in rvr at all.
go for warlord, as fz will be nerfed next patch.
you can picture yourself Shades of Mist use2, absorbs alot,
then your minstrel ABS " Wall of Song " absorbs alot aswell,
add Winged Helm in aswell. ok, you have tryed these artifacts probably.
now, imagine battler compared with som wh, mincer abs.
then, picture yourself, Warguard. it's no minstrel anymore, you are a monster.

this depends if you are a solo mincer, or a " zerg play with your friends or fg mincer "
we don't get fg's anymore, but I don't care about that:p

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
yea but you still hit like a retard and take 2mins to melee anyone down, meantime a couple of casters come along and either kill you or your target thus destroying the whole point of the exercise

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
yes you don't hit hard, ever thought of doing something with it?:p
your damage is the dd's, strafe, and land side slicer, target is snared.
now, kite him, make sure you got end pots with you for running, and LW1, you can aswell charm a pet ofc, and kite with the pet, it works perfectly.

minstrel is a class, possible to do more damage than you think, a froststallion may do 400-700dmg on 3sec, and if it nukes, sometimes double nukes. at the same time, use your dd's, you will now do about 800-1000 dmg on 3sec-4sec compared with your dd's.

- Eyll Sages / warriors
for example, mind worms, 9sec stun, stuns often, don't hit to hard. this pet you can find in albion.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:

Minstrels that think that they can win fights by spamming one button should go back to playing their sorcs..

It's a very involved class but they are in no way as bad as most people shout in the hands of someone who knows how to actually play them.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
Minstrels that think that they can win fights by spamming one button should go back to playing their sorcs..

It's a very involved class but they are in no way as bad as most people shout in the hands of someone who knows how to actually play them.

what is that supposed to meen?

That I criticised Rikard for how he plays his mincer?

or are you telling me that i dont know how to play my mincer?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
what is that supposed to meen?

That I criticised Rikard for how he plays his mincer?

or are you telling me that i dont know how to play my mincer?

It means exactly what I wrote..

a) You didn't criticise Rikard for how he played his mincer.. You just spammed 2 letters over 2 pages of screen. Maybe you've invented a new language but if you have it's not taken off yet.
b) I've no idea how you play your minstel. If you think the possibility of someone not having a hard time in rvr with one is so funny, then you probably don't, but i'll leave that kind of judgement up to someone who's actually seen you in action.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, well.. What i ment by all that rable i posted was that Minstrels are not "easymode" in rvr, it does require quite alot of skills to play one nicely. I know rikard does it nicely:)

What i think is wrong with mincers is that they are relying by far to much on timers (arties, potions, ml's etc etc) that it aint even funny.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer sojourner line for soloing.

Resistance of the ancients is great for the countless assasins that are always dropping poison spikes. Handy against the odd solo warden aswell.

FZ is still great for killing more than one opponent at once. When you get an add just zephyr them off. By the way the reuse timer was lowered to 10 mins in 1.85.

Water breathing ofc saves fucking round with pots. And ofc porting saves heaps of time.

All in all I prefer it to warlord. Sure warlord ml10 is nice but it is only 30 seconds of powermode once every 15 minutes...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
It means exactly what I wrote..

a) You didn't criticise Rikard for how he played his mincer.. You just spammed 2 letters over 2 pages of screen. Maybe you've invented a new language but if you have it's not taken off yet.
b) I've no idea how you play your minstel. If you think the possibility of someone not having a hard time in rvr with one is so funny, then you probably don't, but i'll leave that kind of judgement up to someone who's actually seen you in action.

your mastery of english is something to be desired

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Minstrels are a grt class to play in a grp, if u play how u shuld and not be a glory hog trying to get deathspams ledt right and centre, i play mine as a defensive type , i got bugger all combat ability tbh and my dmg i a joke, but so long as u know when to use your tricks and keep that purge and demezz button rdy :)

Think we need a little boost tho (And yes i know we have tons of utility but as has been said, Jack of all trades, master of none, cept maybe spd lol). I cant see mincer getting love in the music class patch mainly bcoz we have so many tools tho :(

As for solo, i guess its viable, ive never been able to myself cept vs the odd solo caster or support class but cmon , when do u find them runnin about solo unless theyre like RR8+ :(

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Minstrels are being looked at after release of next expansion.

I originally specced Soj, was gr8 before they nerfed the timer on FZ but tbh Warlord is better in every way.

Yes you get warguard but you also get a nifty endo/pow heal(all be it small), you also get cowering bellow which is bloody handy if you are trying to kill strafe abusing lifetappers and all other insta cc is down.

I would never respec back to Soj but thats my opinion and each to his own.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
You have seriously owned yourself. Who was it who wrote....."try joining an egsisting guild, an active rvr guild"

Taken from this thread https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=208597

Don't forget english is English.

To coin a phrase......your mastery of English is something to be desired.:wanker:

:wanker: it wasn't an insult

atleast its good to know that you actully contribute rathing than just insulting everyone for everything

elbeek

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
:wanker: it wasn't an insult

atleast its good to know that you actully contribute rathing than just insulting everyone for everything

If it wasn't an insult then you need to learn to choose your words better.

Oh and have I pissed you off in some way or are you just another flame baiting wannabe?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
If it wasn't an insult then you need to learn to choose your words better.

Oh and have I pissed you off in some way or are you just another flame baiting wannabe?

i may be wrong, but golena didn't get all huffy about it, so maybe it just your perseption of life...

no, i was awarding you for actully contributing to a discusion.. rather than

elbeek said:
What the fuck?

elbeek said:
Enough twats in Alb,don't need another, run along please.

elbeek said:
It will count you out coz I doubt they will run with any "enhanced detection devices" :wanker:

elbeek said:
Unline you. Mr Ego. Such a wanker tbh.

elbeek said:
What part of "fuck off this is the Albion forum" don't you understand?

to name a few of your more 'recent' posts

elbeek

Part of the furniture
I'm absofuckinglutely overwhelmed that you show such a fascination for my posts.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
I'm absofuckinglutely overwhelmed that you show such a fascination for my posts.

not really, i had to dig them up... and tbh, I'm absofuckinglutely overwhelmed that you show such a interest in not discusing

elbeek

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
not really, i had to dig them up... and tbh, I'm absofuckinglutely overwhelmed that you show such a interest in not discusing

Discussing what? The fact that you made yourself look a prat with your post to Golena? I have already "contributed" to the post on Minstrels, do I need to elaborate to satisfy you?

The fact that you mimic my comments is pretty sad, some may find it flattering but not me.

Also if you feel the need to quote me, make sure you quote in context.

I have obviously rattled the bars on your cot, feel free to take this to pm's unless, ofc, you enjoy getting owned in public.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
Discussing what? The fact that you made yourself look a prat with your post to Golena? I have already "contributed" to the post on Minstrels, do I need to elaborate to satisfy you?

The fact that you mimic my comments is pretty sad, some may find it flattering but not me.

Also if you feel the need to quote me, make sure you quote in context.

I have obviously rattled the bars on your cot, feel free to take this to pm's unless, ofc, you enjoy getting owned in public.

i was going beyond this thread, but whatever
and i think you made me look like a prat with my comment, i was genuinly bigin' him up, obvoiusly there are some kill joys around here

elbeek

Part of the furniture
psyco said:
i was going beyond this thread, but whatever
and i think you made me look like a prat with my comment, i was genuinly bigin' him up, obvoiusly there are some kill joys around here

I'm no killjoy, far from it. But when you make comments like you did you must be whiter than white.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
guys stop whining at one another all these lines have been seen before its nothing new :<

and to add to rikards post, yes minstrels can abuse pets and then its a very powerful class, if you happen to find a solo'er or a weak duo

in fact trios can be taken with pets if you get the jump and a good mezz but most of the time its not the case

yes making the most of the class includes a pet and yes it is the best way, put everything templatewise into survivability, charges max hps/con resists etc and let the pet win the day, but its not that much fun, and the melee side of things is dire.

dont we have the 2nd worst melee in the game?i think bards are a bit worse off but tbh they dont ever whip out the weapon, as a grouping minstrel doesnt, and a grouping minstrel doesnt have good dex or any usable ae tools to perform the interrupt task (maybe im asking for easymode stuff and one can argue a good minstrel can do its job fine, but that same good minstrel could be very powerful on a class like a bard or shaman so point is moot ;>)

a minstrel in a group is a crappy bard (again they can run pets and cause serious damage to the wrists to up the grp util) or a solo minstrel is almost a heavy tank with craptastic stealth and no real melee dps- like a rezz sick 1h hero with no parry or shield but stealth and speed

unless they abuse the pet charm which isnt how it should have to be- we'r the only class in the game that needs to run with, but doesnt have a perma pet due to having to run other chants simultaneously

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom