Migration Advice

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Im looking to move from Nildram to Demon Internet. I pay £35 atm for my 1mb with Nildram and notice I can save £5 a month with Demon plus get a static IP at no extra charge.

My query is though what happens with my current Nildram connection since I will have paid for the month up front? I dont want to be paying £35 for 5 days use of Nildram before Demon take over and charge me another £30.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hmm, not sure how it works with other isp, but where i work if you move then its upto you and you dont get refunded jack.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Why not arrange the activation date for Demon to be say 2 days earlier than when your months subscription to Nildram would run out. be careful of any minimum notice period on Nildram though and also be aware of any initial start-up fees on Demon that would wipe out any monthly savings. Tbh I don't really rate Demon and have always considered them very expensive for hosting etc considering they charge for a lot of extras so carefully check the charges for different items.

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Demon have always been a big name for an ISP imo. Finding cheap and someone reliable is pretty hard these days. Somehow I knew this thread would turn into a dont do Demon thread :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
only experience I have of demon is with their ISDN 2e connections which suck, suck suck suck suck suck suck suck so much. You cant get bonded connections without paying a small fortune and it decided to cut of randomly on a random basis.

Dial up they work great :D adsl have no idea, although ADSL is mostly the same anyway since its all BT really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom