Photography Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone got any experience of this? (Without having to buy tools?)

Obviously, I'm running Thunderbird (which I do like) but having a pop client is a PITA nowadays. Time to migrate to Outlook 365 (as I subscribe anyway).

Want the lot - sent mails, folders, yadda yadda yadda - but it doesn't look straightforward without pay-for tools, from what I can see. (And the quality of those looks varied).

Any ideas?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nope. That's moving an account to a gmail account.

I have an account, I want to migrate my emails to a new client.

At the moment I'm thinking of just transfering over my 2020 mails and then using Thunderbird as my archive historical mail client tbh.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I have several domains with email addresses on them all. I use gmail to gather those mails and delete from the servers (optional). Means I get my emails on any device I've got. Not what you want?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Email clients are so 1990's
Bollocks are they. I have every email stored locally since the early 90s. I do not want that stored in some cloud where it is analysed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. I decided to just move 2020's mails into outlook (easy job - there's a script microsoft do that allows you import .eml) and leave the rest on Thunderbird.

Wouldn't have bothered if I was sat in front of my main PC - but that's in Nottingham and I'm not, so...

Syri

FH is my second home
Thunderbird supports imap as well as pop. What you could do is add a hotmail address as imap within thunderbird, then just drag the entire contents of a folder over. I'm pretty sure it allows you to do that, but may be best done in small chunks to not overload the server. Like I say, not something I've tried, but can't see a reason it wouldn't work. then just add the hotmail account to outlook and either use it as an archive to access from there, or use that to copy into whichever account you will be using from there. Again, I don't know if it will work, but from what little I have done with thunderbird, pop and imap services, I can't see why it wouldn't.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh. After the company gets closed down everything will be on archive level.

It's nice to have a clean inbox tbh. The rest can stay in a thunderbird-accessed database for a few years :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom