Memories...

guid0

Fledgling Freddie
i have 2

1, beating ialkarn in 1on1 duel with skald

2, killing fg hibs when duoing with Dyss darksm and me on Mobstomper when we were the only ones with decent Xp'ed artis

(3, Beating infils at mg's with zzang looong time ago)

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Best memory: Being chased by Foorau from AMG to Crim round Crim hill past AMG, towards X-Roads to MMG onto DC

Longest time Ive spent sprinting away

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
running with my merc at emain (old one) with a pointy hut and a robe accompanied by a pala friend (disguised aswell :flame: ) so that enemy stealthers might think we are casters and jump us... not everyone knew that highlander wizards are so much overpowered...

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
Me on my old smite cleric Krivo with Palanthas - merc and Norrit - theurg, XP:ing in Odins x-roads seeing and elf and a celt. First we all stood watching eachother wondering if we were mobs or not. Then they started running and we chased after them. With all of us out of end we cought up with them at HMG cus they couldn't open the doors. Around lvl 30 a long time ago. Aaaaah. Those were the days

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yeah anotehr one btw:
In early/mid ToA times out running with Groove grp tank stylee. We meet 2-3 fg GoL (only) and Zoyster/Outlaw grp in middle standing bg'd by double rr9+ pala doing nothing since they were interrupted 24/7 and our assist train cleaning away the other grps arounds and then suddenly from out of no-where there starts raining spears of fire down on the main GoL grp, and I was thinking "wtf, we don't have a runie in grp?!". GoL grp drops dead in a matter of seconds (they were nicely boxed up for BG) and I turn around there stands mobstomper, solo, having leeched quite a nice amount of rp =D. Such a LoL moment :clap:

Fiiniiix

Fledgling Freddie
listening to Zlair, (later the original meduza) Loxleyhood and the dude that now plays Nomans all bitching at each other on Red Dragons' Guild chat... whilst pwning the ant room in keltoi <still my fave dungeon> with Kagato, Pallando and some other random m8s

also getting my 1st tangler group... my GM feyd went out on a limb for me getting grp for me as i was only 39 :worthy: promising every1 i was a good player :wanker: the grp was camping the beach, they made me puller straight away and i confidently pulled from the trees, wiping the whole grp cos they were faced the wrong way lol

ah the good old days :D

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
fighting 4 - 5 hibbs with armsman, being grouped with noret who was inside amg, killing them 1 by 1.

going emain with my L39 zerker troll, killing raisen, and some other redcon infils/nightshades 1on1 :)

oh and watching zoyster/outlaw exp in barrens was also priceless :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I think another one of my favourite moments was maybe 2 years ago now, I was up in hadrians with a couple of people, who are all like minded about duels and fair fights. There was me, vireb and someone else I think and we met up with some mids. Mostly zerkers who were still fotm back then, I believe Karate was there but I don't remember the others, but for a long time taliver was the only hib there.

We started out with a few of us just dueling away one after the other, then more people came, we got some clerics, healers etc to come up and still more people came. After about an hour there were probably 50+ people dueling and having fun by the broken roman pillars near hmg, including all the good old timers.

God knows how many people were there by the end of the day but it was probably one of my favourite dueling events simply because it wasn't arranged or happend after a 'peace event' but was completely random. At the end some hib prats got trigger happy though and started pbaoeing.

But those were the good days and I miss them, I doubt we'll see those kind of friendly events or memorials anymore.

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
My best DAoC memory has to be when my son <who was 2 at the time > pressed the auto run key at trees in albion and got my whole grp wiped :).Sadly tho the grp wasnt very forgiving and i was kicked lol .

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:
the 2nd NP LAN, where we fought for 20-30 mins straight in OF Odin's gate, killing looooaaads of albs/hibs including The Brethren (hi Tilda xD)

i would say we got 15-20k rps in that fight

that the LAN grp when u were all in this awful brown/orange colour and got pwned by a fg of rr3 albs?

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Ugh, so many good memories...

First good one must be Creep in NP trying to convince me to use skald DD's in fights (I thought they were crap, don't ask me why) at lvl 7 or so. Looking back he probably had a point :D

Best RvR ever must've been that night in the summer of 2003 when albs attacked our (mids) frontier heavily the whole day, and it took us to around 2:30 AM to get them all out. Murphys Law (later known as Fruitcake) was leading it, and he got almost all mids there (80+) to come to Albion and pay them back the favour. At 5:30 we had taken all keeps but one (I think) and went for Excalibur. Sadly the guards were a bit too much since we had lost some people along the way. Very nice fight all and all though.

Oh, and the IDA-times were nice as well. Nothing like a nude zerg of dwards. We even killed a very surprised lvl 50 minstrel once in Emain (highest of us was lvl 34) :)

Kind regards

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
killing 2fg NP with IG between DC and T junction, dno if half were bots and the rest was afk or whatever but im pretty sure every1 in our grp had to change their underwear after it :x

Edit: also a fight vs NP in HW when they had just killed 1-2 fg hibs, i wacked stubbe (i think) for 13k dmg and xana healed it all, we lost \o

Bloodclot

Banned
Hrogar said:
Ugh, so many good memories...

First good one must be Creep in NP trying to convince me to use skald DD's in fights (I thought they were crap, don't ask me why) at lvl 7 or so. Looking back he probably had a point :D

Best RvR ever must've been that night in the summer of 2003 when albs attacked our (mids) frontier heavily the whole day, and it took us to around 2:30 AM to get them all out. Murphys Law (later known as Fruitcake) was leading it, and he got almost all mids there (80+) to come to Albion and pay them back the favour. At 5:30 we had taken all keeps but one (I think) and went for Excalibur. Sadly the guards were a bit too much since we had lost some people along the way. Very nice fight all and all though.

Oh, and the IDA-times were nice as well. Nothing like a nude zerg of dwards. We even killed a very surprised lvl 50 minstrel once in Emain (highest of us was lvl 34) :)

Kind regards

i posted some screenies of that hroggy:p few pages back

Wiazabi

Fledgling Freddie
Hitting Mastade with my bag ( old mid cloak bug ) in odins gate, he then called his grp up tellling em not to kill me which they ofc did with the reply i was attacking him and they wanted to help, was hitting for 0-1 dmg.

echekiel

Fledgling Freddie
i got loads of memories.
I remenber Royal Bavarian with Finster and co all with guild color + emblem roaming in old emain.
The first 50 of server forgot the name but was a zerker in mids and an armsman in alb :)
getting loads of rare item in Dartmoor be4 all sced/toa arrive
Pbaoe who pass keep door i remenber how hard it was to take a keep as a tank with this bug ^^
and so much thing......

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
In summer of 2003 killing fgs in 1 sec with my nights groups of 6 or 7 wizzies with VP XD

Ckiller said:
camping htk with ckiller hiding behind a tree and stoopid stealthers always jumping me thinkin they wouldnt die... Now that was the good old times

Or doin rvr at lvl 15 and acctually contributing with something :flame:

I do missss OF odins all the fun i had on all my chars there

Or all the guilds along the way all had their ups and downs :wub:

Hehe, remb many times when me on my Nightshade 'Sneakers' and a Ranger friend 'Palan' or 'Merbos' attacked Ckiller at htk odins or hmg odins and kited him back and forth taking ages to kill him :p...

I so miss those times why cant Mythic just mak a server with NO ToA and NO NF, but keep the new gfx engine and introduce OF again ( maybe just abit larger - can't be to hard can it^^ ) :D

tuss

Fledgling Freddie
lvl 37 hunter, selfbuffs on main qb, stealthed standing on wall.. amg emain. purple avolonian rr4 knight climbs the stairs, enters the room, goes afk.

engage! you miss (bt), engage, you hit for 90 dmg,.. switch to bow. shoot.. shoot..shooot... 2 mins later.
YOu just killed Outlaw!

AND ALL THE TIMES WITH M8!!!

elbeek

Part of the furniture
echekiel said:
i got loads of memories.
I remenber Royal Bavarian with Finster and co all with guild color + emblem roaming in old emain.
The first 50 of server forgot the name but was a zerker in mids and an armsman in alb :)
getting loads of rare item in Dartmoor be4 all sced/toa arrive
Pbaoe who pass keep door i remenber how hard it was to take a keep as a tank with this bug ^^
and so much thing......

On alb it was Huma then Edge iirc.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
For me it was the time I aggroed the cally guards in Lyonesse. I ran all the way to Cornwall Station ( forgot I could zone into catas) and the guards subsequently killed everyone there!

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
The best memories are, and will always be, when me (on my RM Nali), Jaond (on his Thane Schwompen), Huntahhh (skald) and Issabell (on his Healer Kiddo) roamed For. Sauvage all days long, like 3 years ago or something like that.. that was fun times :) I was rr5 before i even knew what rps was :p You played for pure fun.

Retarded Hi-I-Aggro-From-100.000-units-guards and hardcore gankers didn't exist (not in the same way it is now anyways) and it was lots of 3-4 man action. sweeeeeet times

endineit

Fledgling Freddie
Killing 91 albs in old emain with the JH 4 savage grp.Long fight and many yarpees :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom