Memories...

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
must be

the time that we pulled glacier giant to nottmore full with hibs and their shrooms took aggro ;)
was kinda fun to watch.

That was me pulling him first time, used a volley arrow from max range *hit* I thought to myself. " I wonder how far I'll get before he catches me?" turned around pressed speed of prey, 1.275 seconds later I was eating snow.

But got help from me mates that pulled GG all the way down inside Nottmoor, stood there with GG in target, 20 seconds later he went down incredibly fast too the shrooms of dooooom..

But that was indeed a fun moment.

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
majik said:
Being in a Defiance group led by Zapstar and running through that fanatic kobold zerg in OG xD.

i was there ;< I didnt laugh then, but now its just funnny ;-)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Rolf Erikson said:
ohhh man i have hundred`s of strange and some funnie stories that includes my stupidity and n00biness and unnamed factors :D

like deleting/selling, your what was it, Agmudnr foe slayer while eating a rostbiff macka ? ^^

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Watching OceansEleven on my new homecinema with a bowl of popcorn while my toon was sit at bledmeer captain getting rps from Cerdin's matter caby.

Was good

Both the rps n the movie

oh n the popcorns

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
First: In SI times. I had just gotten my Hunter to 50 as first char. Ran out in emain, passed amg and started towards atk. There some grp all clad in green was fighting a mass of alb zerg. The green guys where doing tactical retreats and mezzing the zerg as it tried to catch em until the entire zerg was mezzed and stretched in a long line. Then these green guys turned around and started owning up the zerg piece by piece in perfect coordination. I just stood there admiring the skill (actually not leeching mind you).
Later ofc learned that these green guys where NP on LAN, so perhaps not so strange that they owned all that day. Truly made me wanna play cool FG stylee.

Second: Playing with Zorena, Sykepleier, Inwe/Kalba, Meril, Netcode(Gorfig), Poky and Arky/Choka. The glorious fix-grp days =D So many good times, so many good fights I cannot even begin top count them all. <3 old fix-grp and later Groove forever. :clap:

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
..the time my warrior joined a Np grp (no idea why) and beat 6 fg alb zerg in odins 2fg,2fg,2fg... most stressfull (i was the only one without ventrilo) but had loads of fun :) and yeah.. my first char lvl 34 zerk joined a grp in emain and killed outlaw..

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
When i first started playing daoc, had a 24 thuerg, I would never rvr in battle grounds because i had capped out, i.e likw 5k rps on a 24 thuerg was awesome. I would go around all day and leech, getting 1 rp each time. And one day while roamin near AMG a stealther fight was in proccess" so i got in game mode FUCKING GO AURTHUR GO, alb infil died i had like 15 stun pets on sb, and a shit load of pet spam, killed him and got 1144 rps... and for lvl 24 that was the best moment of my daoc life". killerforlife live on!!! i.e thuerg name. I even killed a few lvl 50s 1 vs 1, pet spam is the win.

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
best memory was when i 1st pressed dirty trix and alt tabbed to get my rps xDDDD

Rockk

Fledgling Freddie
Best memorie i have from Daoc is when TB started to rvr for real
Odin were our home and Yes it were bloody fun, Givf Odins back
the fights were to many to remember any specific the keep takes
were prolly one of best, we killed prolly 4fgm before anyone could come inside
defending their keep,

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Exploring Alb frontier at level 15 2nd week of DAOC with a low level group of loddies. Got ganked by a fg of purple con mids. Some things never change :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Difficult to pick just one really, I have several fond memories.

The oldest RvR memory would be back when I was 49, i'd always go out to hunt a RR5 skald named Optical whenever I saw his deathspam in FS, had done so since I was about 46. On this paticular occasion we were litrally fighting for over an hour, maybe much longer, it was a huge running battle that took us all over Forest Sauvage, we'd keep slugging it out then he'd run of and we would desperatly try to recover the fastest ready for the next fight. It was precisely the test of might type of fight that I enjoy the most, its a shame he quit just before I reached 50.

Another great memory was in old Odins, getting jumped by 5 mid stealthers just behind the door, they screwed up though and kept getting trapped wrong side of the door and I managed to split them up and kill them all, I miss the old RA system :(

I do miss old odins, I also have alot of fond memories of duoing there with Kestrel and other friends.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Logging off behind mid portal in DF one night and waking up mid afternoon forgetting where I had logged off ;)

Logged on and slaughtered 36 mids with my old smite spec until i was eventually overrun by 4 yellow cons ... God I miss that spec sometimes :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Stepping outside of Snowdonia for my lvl 20 Paladin epic (I actually just needed to go to the Castle and chat to some NPC iirc, but I just wanted to look what´s outside) and being one-shotted by some Hunter like immediately.

Wallhugging our way to Yggdra, lvl 36 Paladin (me), lvl 30ish Cleric (Baz), and some lvl 15 Paladin. Hiding behind the trees just outside Yggdra, waiting for incoming Mids. We killed a green con, that´s because our mighty cc abilities (Cleric stun) lasted long enough to kill him with my gimpy Pally. Still got a SS somewhere.

Trying the same trick with Crauchan Gorge and failing miserably, because we never could make it past those Bloodletters. :(

Claiming our first keep!

The Paranoia of running around in Forest Sauvage for the first few times, going sprint mode as soon as the Castle was in sight.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
I finally managed to get into a proper RvR group and was heading solo to meet them at a keep, when I got jumped by a Minstrel and an Infil duo. I killed them both, but was shaking so much and laughing that I played real bad in RvR group.... the adrenalin rush I had got me addicted to RvR ever since.

OR.

White Rose pissing the Albs off with an Alarm Clock relic raid and Herbal turning up at AMG Odin's with a 500 man Albion zerg to wreak revenge, I thought fook me, now that’s an army! Albs tried for three days and nights to get relics and server crashed numerous times. I think Alb/ Excal had created the biggest zerg ever seen on any DAoC server.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Back when i was a gutter beginner, running around emain with 2 pally 4 wizzy 2 infil groups, seeing lots of deathspam from hib pbae, and just knowing they were coming for us :p

Miss those times :(

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
A couple funny (bad?) moments.

1) Remember once when playing my arms with 2h specc at that time and attacking a bard who evade! At that time I was about to do /quit and Delete-Yes! That was final stroke tbh and decided to change class.

2) When I was playing my cleric actively (before turning him to bot!) I was hit once by Zzang for 1k damage! Another time while in combat and about 70% hp a sb pa-ed cleric with 2h and insta killed cleric!

Then, a couple good memories and those with reaver before NF when soloing was the usual way to rvr as it was near impossible to get a group.

1) Once I had a healer mezzing me, then stunning and trying to melee me! :eek7: Propably thought I was a cleric (good name and medium shield helps!). Ofc barely scratched me and killed him despite using the 2 instants as well :D

2) Then, another time (with reaver again) I was going to hmg Odins where after some battle with 4 low RR hib stealthers I managed to kill all 4! Thank god not everyone was hitting me at same time and ofc shield was keeping arrows away! An end regen pot and Zahur's Crown helped me there too (1 of the first arties to get and level) keeping me with enough end for whole fight :)

3) Last but not least, there was a time on amg Odins where I battled 2 rangers that were grouped. Uncovered one in room and we started melee combat. Got him low in health when the other one came and grappled me! The first one tried to shoot me with bow but didn't go out of range of my pbaoe chants so I was interrupting and eventually using the 2 instants and the pbaoe damage I killed him! Then combat started with the other ranger and when I got him to low health as well he grappled me again. Funny part was that I finished him as well during the grapple time with shouts and the pbaoe damage :D

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
use to farm(solo) whit my champion stealthers in odin's and 3-4 jumping me and me winning oi i rox'ed :)

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
camping htk with ckiller hiding behind a tree and stoopid stealthers always jumping me thinkin they wouldnt die... Now that was the good old times

Or doin rvr at lvl 15 and acctually contributing with something :flame:

I do missss OF odins all the fun i had on all my chars there

Or all the guilds along the way all had their ups and downs :wub:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
My first Dragon Raid >_<

Chronicpain lvl 45 shaman's first kill :D

Eviross saying its a bit laggy but the encounter is doable just before:

The post said describe with sentances please, pictures just fill the thread up! If you want me to edit something in, PM it to me - Tilda

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Venturing out into rvr with my new dueltemplate that I had spent 150p on (in SI) reactive heal procs all around, capped str and quick (with TG-torso) ofc. Managed to pull a rr4 armsman from the regular route from atk - amg and slowly letting my damageshield kill him while my healprocs went off constantly. Don't think I even used an instaheal.

Another fine one is the night we went for Odin's rvr with the setgroup. However we were missing shaman so we picked up a L47 troll shaman that had never been in rvr before that night basically to provide end. Turns out to be one of the best rvr-nights ever, during 4-5 hours we had constant fg action and even some fights vs 2fg brehons. Died twice in that time having made over 120k rps in 5 hours. And I remember thinking to myself: Poor troll shaman, imagine his expectations of rvr now, he will never be able to enjoy this game again :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
stubbe said:
And I remember thinking to myself: Poor troll shaman, imagine his expectations of rvr now, he will never be able to enjoy this game again :)

haha great ;D

duact

Fledgling Freddie
killing 40 alb noobs including fc with 3zerk grp of r0x.

Rolf Erikson

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
like deleting/selling, your what was it, Agmudnr foe slayer while eating a rostbiff macka ? ^^

I was occupied with Plättar at that time and pressed wrong button and sold my Foe to a merchant. think i got 24g for it. :/

I have some "golden" memories with Hotrats outside svas also that was great think he asked on Bw what sword i had after some fights also think it was Legion sword that procced on him and made me winning :D thoose where the days.

Another fun but very frustrating times was Alpha i meet him 3-4 times 1 vs 1 in Odins and everytime he runned away from me with 10% hp that made me so mad :)

This is a dangerous thread imo i have so many memories so i can go on forever... another great one is when i got the "trust" to lead CE in Albion and went straight on a relic keep, needless to say CE dident want me to lead after that one. :D

and all the fuzz about KG and his relic rades and defenses is classic imo.

Well i better stop or it gets to much. :)

ROLF ERIKSON
"Salut KG"

Marc

FH is my second home
joint FC/SS debuff group months before they were fotm, that wiped 3fg mids near mmg in old emain and for once cerdin didnt have his fraps going :<

so many memories :D

Bloodclot

Banned
Imperial dwarven army!

guildmeeting at haggerfell with lots of other dwarfs :)

after the meeting naked runs in emain!

The post said describe with sentances please, pictures just fill the thread up! If you want me to edit something in, PM it to me - Tilda

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
stubbe said:
Another fine one is the night we went for Odin's rvr with the setgroup. However we were missing shaman so we picked up a L47 troll shaman that had never been in rvr before that night basically to provide end. Turns out to be one of the best rvr-nights ever, during 4-5 hours we had constant fg action and even some fights vs 2fg brehons. Died twice in that time having made over 120k rps in 5 hours. And I remember thinking to myself: Poor troll shaman, imagine his expectations of rvr now, he will never be able to enjoy this game again :)

lol, nerf something

PS: I always told Ons he was just an end bot. I can now use this for proof! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom