Memories...

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
- reading an online manual about daoc classes and picking eldritch as they were supposed to be the deadliest caster in game (while not true I never regretted my choice - not for one moment)
- dinging 50 after 32 days /played. My last bub I gained from soloing in BoC which took me about 1 day as i repeatedly died (needless to say there were no buffbots these days)
- going on my first censi-led legion raid (100ish people) and winning the green glowing void eld staff. (the lotto was kinda fun also without the /random command ;)
- doing the epic quest on my eld - the armour looked really nice and actually it still does
- then ofc my first RvR impressions as void eld and finding out everyone wanted chanters in groups
- racing to lvl 50 with stormriderx and then to each new RR - I was always 1 or 2 levels ahead of him and think he hated me for that ;)
- respeccing my eld to mana (Nolerdraic gave me his respec stone from the dragon raid \o/)
- lots of fun RvR in random and semi-random groups (lofff as bard, fiontan on druid which was a buffbot back then, stormriderx and many others)
- getting my first SCed armour and finding out it actually helped against getting 1-shot by zerkers
- gunnar dinging rr10 on me (or at least on one of our group) while novamir was afk without saying anything (as usual)
- then of course the great RvR summer 2003 - with domain, novamir, calawyn, delura, odixarre, jahar, alos (the original one), lofff, fio and others; all those great fights against FC group with hotrats as sorc or the BF group with guns still playing;
- after that the DH time; lots of fun moments and great fights
- last but definitely not least the Gorre NF beta with outlaw, zoyster, kerith, sacr, vodkafairy, etc - was really fun

apart from the gorre NF beta I don't really have any good memories since TOA was launched

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
good memories yet to come - playing on nontoa and hopefully non nf server when/if mythic takes the step :)

gorre was great, but if it was in OF, and allways up.
That would make me shead a tear :)

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda embarrasing, but I had real hard time playing my sb in the very early days, cos I didn't know how to target other stealthers easily when seeing them stealth mode.

I tried to click on them, which was impossible cos you see them only a very short moment when they pass you.

Took me few days to figure out deadly combo: the F8 + stick + doublefrost.

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Appollo said:
Hmm Sala, remember that time? it angered u alot :p
I should get my memory erased, good thing that there's no screens to remind it more often.

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
i remember when i won my first xaga staff (last and boring galla raid). week after i sold it bye a mistake for 6g.

and first day i joined PM and we was at money spot in emain in middle of mmg-amg and attacked a fg random albs and we only lost vipr our suiside ns.
that realy got my play time on stealther up (not my skill)

same with first day i ran with PM visual (not long time ago) and we killed AD after a LONG figth at bledmeer. they would own us 99 of 100 but i sure will rem this think we got some adds in the end and i think i died 3 times as chanter and figth tipped over to us when angry (bard) got up fop :)

and will always remember meanie for his whining on TS about wtf OP insta stun.......

Chosen

Resident Freddy
elbeek said:
On alb it was Huma then Edge iirc.
Wrong, the first 50 on alb was an armsman under the nickname Kulthas. Teza was the first 50 on mid, and he was'nt a zerker, but an skald.

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Not RvR but..

Taking forever to bloody lvl..prior to pl groups with slow uncapped xp..more a nightmare than fond memory

[FC]Maramar

Fledgling Freddie
I liked the OF grp's and the first days of getting my BG and duo'ing with my paladin and edelia sorc and killing small grp's of sb's and tank grps

And day when me and karnat killed fg of mids altho they had tsolias as pac healer

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
Probarly making a Million gimped characters and than exping them at water beetles. Though eventually dinging level 50 prolly the greatest feeling, and killing your first zerg, getting my first RA's.
Waking up early everyday, going to odin's wit Galahand duo, had some great fights there with Justinian (not sure of the spelling but I am sure he wuz a pala from Shadowlord Society) and Macpain and alot others.
Tbh givf OF back :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
camping alb tk in OF Odins and killing 3 albs on my own..

Spending hours wandering Yggdra with the original Shagrat, killing stealthers so that lowbies could level in relative peace :)

being able to wander the frontiers solo and get some decent fights.....

Massive battles at milegates where all you could see was masses of hammers and spears descending from the sky whilst people screamed about NO AE FFS NO AE.

First keeptake with Shield of Valhalla (great bunch of guys and gals, hello to any still around (Garnet ;) )

Deleting the original Shaggy and rerolling to Alb when horrendously drunk Xmas 2002 (i think. might have been 2003, getting old now and the days are all blurring together.....). Then joining the maddest guild on alb (and getting banned for 3 days for killing all the mobs in Mithra's Tomb with hi level characters......oops.)

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
When my shieldspecc on my warr started to really make an effect in low 40's, was amazed that i survived an orange con without end starting at 50% hp :eek6:

Getting a group in OF emain at 43, first time I got to use slam on a player ever, remember that it was a sylvan animist (thought it was a chanter back then =)

Getting my first glowie from malmo, was a 1h and a 2h cleaver with flames surrounding the blades!

Entering TG first time, and getting a dragonshadow great hammer almost by mistake (was very rare back then)

Killing a palla with 2h axe without getting hit, remembered i thought something like "Well that's what you get for messing with a viking you alb pussy!" :D

The amazing DF rituals consisting of getting DF, zerging towards the entrance of the realm who had it last and having loads of small fights outside of the main front there, then farm seals until someone else got DF and go defend til you die, then rinse and repeat

Playing on my thane with a rl mates SM in DF when we were running from alb entrance since there was a good 2 FG's heading our way, but instead of running down we hid behind an archway, and when the albs past by my friend spammed pb's and I did the best i could guarding/cepting him and instas and so on. We managed to get 9 of em I think, and for us mortal players that was absolutely amazing, kept us happy for a week or so :)

Sneaky keep defenses with ardamel, hiding in the lower room of an alb keep, with no albs seeing us as they zerged towards the lord, then we come up behind em and manage to fight em off, then hiding in a tower nearby to do the same thing again. Class entertainment.

Managing to kill an armsman with his mincer friend solo, with armsman using IP, was the best fight ive ever had, even tho the mincer got me with his dd with both being at 10%

Getting absolutely owned by buffed infils everytime I went out solo (mind you the infils were solo as well) then getting fully buffed for the first time ever solo and getting my sweet revenge on two unbuffed ones, damn that felt good

Joining Red Guard with my shaman thanks to Meldo and Furan (get back to daoc dammit!), was a good thrill getting to group with people i'd learned to respect (Montarloo, Arepa, Lizz and many others). Hearing monty scream on vent was top class tho, was totally quiet until a fg albs arrived, then from nowhere someone starts screaming "MONTYMEZZ MONTYMEZZ! OK SM GOGO FOLLOW ME WAAAIT OK GOGO!" :worthy:

EDIT: hehe, got a bit longer than i had expected then

Dyss

Fledgling Freddie
Well there are sooo many memories after playing a game for 3years+

But the most recently really good memories are probably from the first weeks after ToA release, when me and guido on mobstomper duoed alot and had some really great fights. Specialy when him and I arrives to amg and I walk in to the amg room and see a FG albs resting in FoP that I kill without mocing with my sm. But was really many fights that was really great those weeks.

or when NP rushed over DL border keep and healers burned all instas and I die from fall dmg with warrior otherwise I would been in hib land with tivook.

another great meemorie are from early rvr. when I played my healer and duoed with a skald skegbief I think, and we like 2fgs. didnt kill that fast but was kinda owerpowered, just remezz/stun with ½ the duration :p was good as counting secounds back then :)

just three of thouse millions of memorise u get from a mmorpg that u have played so long. nice topic tbh!

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
oh yeah, when they remade bg2 so that all 3 realms had to fight together was ace as well :)

old.Attle

Fledgling Freddie
One of my highlight was kiteing a lvl 50 hero to death outside Svasud. Shoot, Shoot and stealth, repeat until the hero died. He used both moose and IP. Didn't get his/her name, but I'm sure you know who you are... :touch:

And ofc farming all summer of 2002 at ATK with Shade, Varg and all other stealthers.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Mines in OF at amgO where i at a distance drop a tangler, just to see 3 sb's pop out of stealth for an easy kill, just to get rooted and nooked one by one by me xD

Or the time when me and myg once again were camping a hillside near apkO - a fg albs leaves keep, i shroom up and myg gets ready for inc and just as they pass over the hilltop they stand in the shroomfarm and gets blown away buahaha! I saw the fear in their eyes as the few surviving were trying to run off back to the keep hehe. Think we were with someone else that time also.

Oh man all the fun ive had in odins! I miss

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
crispy said:
Mines in OF at amgO where i at a distance drop a tangler, just to see 3 sb's pop out of stealth for an easy kill, just to get rooted and nooked one by one by me xD

Or the time when me and myg once again were camping a hillside near apkO - a fg albs leaves keep, i shroom up and myg gets ready for inc and just as they pass over the hilltop they stand in the shroomfarm and gets blown away buahaha! I saw the fear in their eyes as the few surviving were trying to run off back to the keep hehe. Think we were with someone else that time also.

Oh man all the fun ive had in odins! I miss

Haha remember shrooming a tree near beno (OF) on pryd where there were loads of mids,they soon learnt to avoid the tree..

PE came running in behind though and before they could react and their PCs recovered, 4 of em were dead :)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
And mine (I have alot :p):
Way way back before bind stones at portal keeps, camping DL... I was so happy because we had 3 mincers in group - I hated sorcerers. They were Mad Dherkova and I forgot the other - maybe Maz or Fast. We won alot that day.

Killing KG's thane 3-4 times in a row with my smite cleric, after which he tried to convince me how great thanes were in irc.

Taking a keep with 3 people back when that meant something.

Hatji using a treb to pull at Elylls (spelling:D) just to get me a hooded cloak because mail hats were so ugly.

Ialk trying to powerlevel people in Lyoness. (not pvp but funny as hell)

Running from APK to MMG to meet my group solo. I saw nova and we were hugging and real veeshan runs up behind me and instakills him. Was so damn funny. Veeshan had no heart or soul!

Duoing with Ialk all summer.

Soloing Wurren and seeing him type in #cf: who is kate?

Trioing with Ialk and Serra in one of my first RvR fights. We beat a group a little bigger than us and Ialk said to me: you play good! (as if he was completely shocked) Then we noticed that Serra was afk on stick the whole fight as well.

Grouping with Hatji Mad Dherkova Ialk Jinny Paci Noccy every day.

Dinging 50 after a marathon 7 hours straight at trees w/no deaths.

Flame threads about us zerging.

Worst memories: mad's last run (the first one), dueling xana on Gorre right after smite nerf - I wanted to delete. Seeing Gunz in another guild after he sold :( Meeting Lethul for the first time. All of TOA.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
* beta- ice, tzee and the formation of first ever groups ;)
* being accepted to CF, i was psyched!
* eleasias bitching constantly about never getting xp groups because he was a selfish ****
* first ever successful hibernian defence of Cruach when we were still about 35-40, and there were shitloads of NP and other mids (im sure xana will remember)
* being in cuth's grp when he dinged first 50 on hib
* dragging a wraith to finster's raid at Dun Crim
* dragging a big badger to email bowl xD
* trio with xnijih/tylar (Xnijih-the First Great Bard)
* killing Teza for the first time when he was red with Xnijih :D
* being SECOND hero to 50.. damn you kainz..
* fatbelly in gorge
* killing original alpha in gorge when he was orange to me and posting bragpic on old goa forums!
* old goa forums!
* fighting the first good alb grp ever- finster/tomask, 3 smite clerics, pbae mez, slam,smite OWNEGEDGEDE
* Tina C ! fantastic bitch wars with this guy
* first time ever being in a group where we were all 50! with alderian, dachrak, nicky, etc
* capturing my first ever relic
* Killing NPCs with machiavelli using charges :D
* holding my first ever relic and placing it on the fort
* doing it again
* awesome duo/trio with miss/eleas
* dying solo to Nolbypride 8l
* beating Grond in Duel! PARRY
* being first Tank on server to rr5!
* being annihilated by NP's first runie group, Xana healer, Kalli/Supreme/Doagah and so on
* frontloading (lol)
* one-shotting outlaw whilst on Nuke xD
* being in first group on hib to get epic armour
* matinex letting me have the chicken spear from cursed forest
* first time i got Avoid Pain 2- ownage!
* fighting the second good alb grp ever- sorusi/riwen/huma/etc
* teaching stormriderx how to rvr
* The Great Hib Group (pre-DH)- loff, nova, calaw, garba, dom, alos/motorheadii, fiontan, delura (me or loff on barder), ola
* mezzing a whole alb zerg for the first time
* various awesome pbae-zerg killings, once i was playing sharpo and killing loads myself xD
* blocking all 4 hits of mumin's quad
* great bards that i loved: pbuck, miss, fame(1 and 2!), roofio, reale
* my last rvr phase- thx to RR wierdos for great fun, and experimenting with Warlord :D. being on vent with a bunch of swedes xD. prozze's robotic voice..."Highlander........Saracen........"
* playing with <Rage> - awesome ppl and great skillz!
* making a movie, like i always wanted to do, even tho it was bad editing and not too great fights ^^ (edited using Windows Movie Maker!)

cba thinking any more!

Calo

Part of the furniture
fighting a giant hib force in nottmore and suddenly see whole zerg mezzed and seeing 3 invader shades passing by, u know how late it is then.

Remember i told my grp that if dh would pass by they would kill whole this zerg, 20 secs later , i was dead on the floor laughing :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
heh nice thread

i dont usually like looking behind into the past, way too many memories, most of em good, makes one miss ppl and other times.. and really hate the idea of picking a couple memories out of em all, so i wont

tho its nice to see some ppl shares those memories and some still remember you

even if am not gonna pick memories, ill just post the very first daoc memory :D , trying the game for the first time in lan with sturrm during beta and wondering why we wasnt able to hit other players at ardee.. eventually talking to each other 'maybe we need to hit lvl5 first and pick a class' and the grind started :p

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Taking my lvl 11 nightshade to AMG in emain (pryd) to find a thane there (think his name was Froler), we cuddled a bit then i died when he used pbaoe dd shout on an infil :(
Edit: Might add that i was stealthed all the way from DL to AMG

Enjoy

Fledgling Freddie
Old keeptakes. CLOAKS OFF PLZ!!!!
:clap:

3.jpg

edit: and hugging with Gunnerr apk email. :fluffle:

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
"* matinex letting me have the chicken spear from cursed forest"

haha!

First year of daoc was nearly perfect online entertainment. Initialy it was just green albs, and extremly overpowered albs (finster), grey hibs and DEADLYOVERPOWERED champions (cuth), strange luris (tyler), and the nemesis novamir whom i managed to lose to in og (parry?!). too much to talk about, poor you who missed the release!

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
My friend comes exited on a visit and tells me about a uber game called Daoc.
And it had release today...we rushed out and buy the game..boom addicted.

After a couple months i was soooo interested to join Red Guard, i asked Mikhail and was k when i ding 45 ;p...ding and i was sooo happy and proud. =D

50 ding on healer, Mik asked me if i could roll a healer i did, as RG needed healers.

My first rvr night with healer and a V v v angry Wrathofsauron yelling me how to play healer =)))) damn i was afraid irl!...

My first experience with ventrilo, it was so uber damn fun ..it was like descovering sex using ventrilo for the first time..

K to the brag part....100k rlps in 1 day i was leading as main pac in FG all day..and no radar..honestly.

Finaly thx to you all for good memories and shit loads of fun...especialy the drunken FG roaming (Monty ;p) with all in ventrilo telling jokes laughing running into trees, singing....omg omg those where the days.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
These threads just show how the game was so much more fun in the early days:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom