Meele Rangers Nerf Please

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
That screenie was from yesterday
so I had what? +5% with slash against him?
No excuse for having slash resists that bad on a mid stealther

that guy sure won't have much fun with that kind of resists, but doesn't change anything about the circumstance that the resists a melee ranger can have will always be higher than those of an assassin.

but these kind of discussions usually turn into

drop an arti for resists - "if you had -that- arti instead of those resists you could've won!"
drop resists for an arti - "if you had better resists you might have won!"
same for skills, hits, toa boni etc

haven't seen an assassin template that got it all.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Cylian said:
that guy sure won't have much fun with that kind of resists, but doesn't change anything about the circumstance that the resists a melee ranger can have will always be higher than those of an assassin.

but these kind of discussions usually turn into

drop an arti for resists - "if you had -that- arti instead of those resists you could've won!"
drop resists for an arti - "if you had better resists you might have won!"
same for skills, hits, toa boni etc

haven't seen an assassin template that got it all.

Aye, where all rangers have an easy non-overcharged 99% template having it *ALL*

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
because MP studded/reinforced is sooooo expensive ? o0

B

Betrayal

Remove IP from all archers. This should solve the assasin vs archers (1on1 melee contest thingie). If as assasin cant drop an archer with ~2100 hp (~1700 after con debuff) then he isnt playing his char right. Ah and can change code so that WS debuff actually reduces 80% of enemy WS for melee purposes if is an archer. Easy. Problem solved, no archer will be able to stay toe to toe with an assasin. That could be done easy and everyone will be happy. No more soloing oped archers killing 2-3 lower rr assasins / archers with their "skills" and timers. Archer = tower / bridge hump or carrefully planing of your shots. Give all archers same speed shout. Shoot and run, but shoot to kill not to leech / scratch enemy. When you crit someone make him cry IRL on keyboard seeing the damage you hit him for regardless of defences. You dont need IP to shoot a bow, nor ~1600-1700 melee ws. No more melee scouts / rangers / hunters etc :p Assasins world happy, having something to fear from range but easy prey from close range.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Rangers are all about timers. If timers are up we can put up a good fight. If timers are down, then things are very tricky.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
y...what i said before...make archers use their fuking bows but at the expense of some melee capabilities (especially for rangers since they r the only ones that dual wield)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Nuxtobatns said:
y...what i said before...make archers use their fuking bows but at the expense of some melee capabilities (especially for rangers since they r the only ones that dual wield)

someone likes archer adds :)

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
When I leveled my first ranger to 50 was becouse they got CD, stealth and nice self buffs to improve my melee, that was when assasins had IP as RA. You get what you spec for, why should rangers lose the melee spec chance they got since so much time?
Mythic description of the class is not a valid point, or ns should be nuking enemies to the death.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Make me able to spec down bow to 1 :< my char is to old so im still forced to have 12 in it, thats annoying tbh.
Remove all 15 min timers from the game and put them on 10.
Especially AM on the bard can't figure out why thats 15.....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
timers are fine as they are. my ranger also has the 12 in bow, kind of sucks but nm :) can still spec pretty well

Puppet

Part of the furniture
My ranger has 1 bow spec xD

Dunno why u wanna remove IP from archers tho, it wouldnt make everyone happy, it would be a slap in the face of all archers.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
someone likes archer adds :)

not really...tho with Phaseshift maybe inc..u will be able to /rude them :p
But the truth is that this way archers may return to what they were initially designed to do..kill visuals from range...fight a bit ok melee (better with the timers) but be the pray of the assassins....not the other way around with the MoS thing

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Meradesh said:
Mythic description of the class is not a valid point, or ns should be nuking enemies to the death.

"Entire divisions have been scattered by a few well placed Rangers" it said until recently :p

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
My ranger has 1 bow spec xD

Dunno why u wanna remove IP from archers tho, it wouldnt make everyone happy, it would be a slap in the face of all archers.
Give 1 bow :< my stealth sucks, could get 29 instead of 26. Can't see a valid reason why a /level 20 char should get it and a char that is older wont.

Shako

Regular Freddie
You find me solo plenty Knightstrike, but you've never not added given the oppertunity.. Seriously your complaining about other classes yet clearly havn't learnt your own yet.. How can you, don't learn much killing some poor stealther who's just fought and adding on everything around bridges..

To truely know what your char is capable of, try some solo'ing, i don't mean being ungrp'd, i mean soloing where if you see a fight, you show the capacity to allow it to continue.. You never know, ppl might show you the same respect.. When you have that, gives you even more freedom to solo as less and less ppl add on you.. This is from my own personal experience ofc, but if Horner dosn't add on me, i'm pretty sure you don't need to :wanker:

Shako

Regular Freddie
PS : Maybe ask Dwera, Hugmeh(d3f1), Ilusb, Braak or Paradoxx about there templates, same for you Pau, purhaps you can squeez some more util out of them.. The names i mentioned i fear fighting against, and it's either cos of there play style, templates/mix of both.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
the classes arent called archers, they are called rangers/hunters/scouts and they have melee lines for a reason mmmk?

there is no reason whatsoever that those classes shouldnt be a decent fight for an assasin in melee, if they spec for it...

Assasins already have an quite easy time, and a clever one wins more than 50% of his fights normally.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
the classes arent called archers, they are called rangers/hunters/scouts and they have melee lines for a reason mmmk?

there is no reason whatsoever that those classes shouldnt be a decent fight for an assasin in melee, if they spec for it...

Assasins already have an quite easy time, and a clever one wins more than 50% of his fights normally.

I agree ... but if thats the case sub 30 or so bow should hit for like 10 damage, not 200-300. 12bow and 1bow especially.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
its not like a meleechar would hit for 10dmg with low weaponspec either so why would bow ?!

gohan

FH is my second home
Spamb0t said:
its not like a meleechar would hit for 10dmg with low weaponspec either so why would bow ?!

a scout with like 12 thrust wud hit for around 80 ... a scout with 12 bow shoots for 300+ still kk thx

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
a scout with like 12 thrust wud hit for around 80 ... a scout with 12 bow shoots for 300+ still kk thx
my ranger with 51 total blade, 60-65 something cd dont hit for much more then 80 either soo ;p

and ye they always do 300+ im sure!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
gohan said:

Add 2H bonus, add the slower speed of a bow, add the fact u get higher WS from bow then melee as archer, and yeah it adds up perfectly.

And with 12 bow u dont hit for 300+ every time. Its more like 79, 153, 83, 283, 139 etc. Massive variance. Unless ofcourse u try to shoot anything with more then 5 shield-spec, coz then its just block x 99

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Nuklear said:
Well yer its a QQ thread, but come on these Rangers got all the toys in the book

Just please remove IP from them how is a SB supposed to compete with a ranger somone please explain, even blowing malice in zepher, they will still IP

Most are normally duoed or trioed as most are normally failrly skillless to be honest.

and now they get Warguard OMFG come on Mythic sort it out FFS what a fooked up game

cba to read all the thread but,
get a template, get ml's, learn how to play and most important of all: don't expect to go out in NF and kill just about everyone else

PS. btw, have you tried to duel one of the good rr6+ melee specced hunters?

censi

Can't get enough of FH

oh jesus christ get a clue please.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
bah...you love when they hit you hard brad,,,,dont you deny it:p

No it sucks. That how hard i hit casters, they shouldn't hit me that hard when im a heavy tank with 700 AF without using charges.

And i hit him for like half the dmg with 2h, than what he did to me with his pole.

Time to retire me warrior i reckon. :p

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Warkrusher attacks you with his Pike!
Warkrusher hits you for 933 damage.

<cheers> need more people wielding battlefish, giving our enemies a good battering, putting them in thier place.

if i remember will do /rpfilter bow trout and go hunting Trollum's and get a screenshot. <grin>

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
main problem about all this discussion is that ½ the players, also soloers are not so skilled ppl who come up with crap templates, and dont know how to use thier abilities to win...

its for that reason that some RR8-9 melees are a walkover for me, and yet again some rr5-6 ppl actually put up a fight before they die, and again some rr8-9 ppl that are actually hard to kill becuase they actually, God forbid it, used their brain when they fight.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:
main problem about all this discussion is that ½ the players, also soloers are not so skilled ppl who come up with crap templates, and dont know how to use thier abilities to win...

its for that reason that some RR8-9 melees are a walkover for me, and yet again some rr5-6 ppl actually put up a fight before they die, and again some rr8-9 ppl that are actually hard to kill becuase they actually, God forbid it, used their brain when they fight.

or those that're hard to kill actually don't get "You have to wait xx seconds before using this ability again" ;)

timered abilities affect a fight more that actual "skill".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom