Meele Rangers Nerf Please

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Compared to what ? Majority of damage dealt to my ranger in stealthfights isnt melee-damage anyhow. Its first hit, enervating -400HP. Lifebane.. tick tick atleast 300damage.. Malice-proc... another -300 HP. DoTmine, another -500HP.

Melee-damage from an assassin isnt really whats killing me, if it is, its time I should start using artifact. I dunno if it would be all that OP tbh, I would loose Forceful Zephyr, which is a major complaint from assassins towards archers aswell. On the other hand, assassins would gain this tool... And its not like Warguard isnt something new to the stealthworld, say hi to ur mincer for example :)

maliceproc doesn't take off 300 hits unless it procs on the first hit along with enervating debuff, so that's not really an argument.

warguard also has a dot reduce ability with v short reuse, but if it reduces more damage then resistance of the ancients i don't know.

+ against proper assassins you should always purge the dot/debuff or ps.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
Yeah except with better defence, and a higher dps..xD

And puppet, my minstrel may have warguard but its dps is a piss in a thunderstorm compared with what melee rangers do.

Straight out of the box, yep a melee-ranger will kill a target faster then a mincer. However, add in a pet for the minstrel, suddenly it becomes already a different matter. Pets are cumbersome on a mincer, I know. But still, it is possible :)

However, mincer has WAY more defense. Evade 2 + Chain + Ablative + better spec+AF + 5% from unspecced-shield >>> Evade3.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
maliceproc doesn't take off 300 hits unless it procs on the first hit along with enervating debuff, so that's not really an argument.

If it procs on the first hit it removes about 350-375 HP from my ranger. Perhaps Malice isnt the biggest deal, but it can potentially also cut in my HP. The numbers where rough numbers, which can be higher aswell (Viper3, reapplying Lifebane every 2-3 hits for example). Point I tried to make is that 'magic' is a far greater killer for any ranger, then melee-damage. Atleast, in most cases in assassin vs ranger. Point still stands.

warguard also has a dot reduce ability with v short reuse, but if it reduces more damage then resistance of the ancients i don't know.

Resistance of the Ancients does nothing for Lifebane DoT's. The Cleansing Aura from Warguard can drop dots which are on the target in 2-3 ticks to 0~ damage, but anything which is applied after the shout does full damage. Can be more, can be less, depending on your timing and the timing of the assassin.

+ against proper assassins you should always purge the dot/debuff or ps.

Phaseshift against DoT's is probably the worst thing you can do. You postpone the fight, while the DoT's stay on you, ticking away.. And proper assassins should always reapply the dots/debuffs. Hardly an argument in favour of the ranger.

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie
We need more love not nerf ...

Havin to wait on a 15 min timer to win agaisnt +rr5 gets bloody boring were sb-inf-ns can just kill kill kill all day long without having to wait ...

A well played hunter is the most powerful stealther out there but i dont see no QQ about them , the dmg they hit for is just crazy ...

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Solo rangers are so much easier than NSs or SBs... so please

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
While melee rangers are arguably sticking out of the stealther bunch, I don't particularly care about them.

Getting casters' defences nerfed is more important than ranger melee, imo. People have way too much defense and hp these days.

When I critshot an infil that stands still for 515 damage, and that turns out to be about 20% of his life, something needs to be seriously nerfed. (Or boosted.)

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
crit shots should on leather do around 800-900 damage, not 515

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Rangers can be easy, just dont use slash against them. 99% of em run with pd3 & champ off hand so they have 55% slash resist at the least!

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Tesla Monkor said:
When I critshot an infil that stands still for 515 damage, and that turns out to be about 20% of his life, something needs to be seriously nerfed. (Or boosted.)
Nah thats just the caster zerg assisting you when you pop em!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
those sbs who whine about melee rangers should really look at theyr rog templates and mybe get some skill? if i kill a rr3 sb... its nothing special.. he lost due to me haveing more abils and experiance.

but when i kill a rr7 SB (not going to name names) who got pa/cd chain on me and i dont have to use IP to win... is just sad.. and im not even full melee specc

rangers have alot of weaknesses allso... so find em and abuse them.

and as for ppl saing that melee ranger is far better than a NS... lol

my bro plays a NS.... solo. he kills 3x times the nr of ppl in the same time frame as i do. becouse i use all of my toys in one fight and thats it.. on the next fight ill loose if its not a newb.
my bro just uses self heal to get 100% again and goes to kill another random class running by....

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
so if rangers complain about timers and assassins complain about the timers, why not remove timers like ip? and boost theyre melee and bow dmg output?! Give all archers some bow love if u spec 40+ bow, and get camo as an ability if u spec high stealth...
reduce mos a tad, couse atm its just silly when they go for mos4-5.

Now they will have better dmg output, studded armor, no IP, but they still have PD, reduced mos(still a tad better then inf/sb).

B

Betrayal

I dont want any ranger or hunters nerfs, agreed with timers up they are a tough oponent (and that for any meleer not for my scout in particular), I want something for my scout. Fixing bow will be great. So that I can actually 2 shot stealthed peeps without having to burn through mls / ras / artis. I want if I go mos5 fe5 to hit them like 2 bolts from a fire wiz. This is how archer should be played, feared for hidden ranged strikes, but very fragile in close combat or when exposed. Remove som / malice / wh / pd from archers please. Cut melee dps in half. Give 50% bow damage / accuracy boost. Make Critshot bypass brittles / bt / sm pet (and destroying them in process except sm pet) and work on moving targets from normal - sprint speed (so no you cant crit peeps going speed 3 or mach 6). Add Guided arrow skills at 45 bow, usable every 2 mins, is an arrow that locks on target and bypasses any defences (including shield, I dont give a damn if you have 50+20 shield and mob5 you will get hit). Add Multipleshot skill at 40-45-50 bow, every time you draw bow there is a 7% - 15% - 30% chance that 2 - 3 - 4 arrows will be fired at same time to selected target. Add Piercing passive skill for archers from 35-40-45-50 Bow. Arrows have a 5-10-15-20% chance to pierce target they hit and continue moving same direction until max range reached, hiting next target if in way, with same chance to pierce it etc. Yes we need more tools for large scale and FG vs FG fights. Archers being tough meleers with stealth is just wrong, and yes I know most of you enjoy ripping assasins in pieces with your melee archers, but this is not the way an archer is defined. Want to play like that fine, ok with me, but give us the bow users something that we can actually USE and Benefit in large fights and small encounters as well. We need to make casters fear us and not /laugh after sending pet or qc a CC spell at the free rps.
If the 3rd ML goes live still with the proposed choices, I am afraid 1v1 stealth wars will become close to inexistant, everyone and his brother will FZ and PS everynow and then, so yes I want bow super improved so I can kill everyone who is geting Soj appart from archers from safe /emote range :p

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Twinky said:
so if rangers complain about timers and assassins complain about the timers, why not remove timers like ip? and boost theyre melee and bow dmg output?! Give all archers some bow love if u spec 40+ bow, and get camo as an ability if u spec high stealth...
reduce mos a tad, couse atm its just silly when they go for mos4-5.

Now they will have better dmg output, studded armor, no IP, but they still have PD, reduced mos(still a tad better then inf/sb).

And MoS 4-5 = 20 ~ 34 RA points, which is quite a lot.

Rangers can be easy, just dont use slash against them. 99% of em run with pd3 & champ off hand so they have 55% slash resist at the least!

Well I remember you banging at my PD5 ranger with TD :>

The long timers is the prize you pay for occasional "overpoweredness". And it's a rough road, Sub RR5-6 melee rangers are more fragile than what presented here.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Y..a high lv crit shot should bypass brittles imo...
Generally make archers again hunters of visuals...not poping tools...and once in 15 mins almost unkillable when combined with higher rr
And nerf mos...assassins have to be stealthiest...since no range for them....

pip

Banned
Don't have much trouble with rangers tbh with my hunter:) but me thinks that could change:(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
rangers arent that OP its just most assasins and stealthers in general are hilarious in their lack of skills, not to mention from some of the damage i am seeing on them wear rog templates. dont expect to go up against a twinked ranger and win if you wear junk and are crap :)

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Nuklear said:
Well yer its a QQ thread, but come on these Rangers got all the toys in the book

Just please remove IP from them how is a SB supposed to compete with a ranger somone please explain, even blowing malice in zepher, they will still IP

Most are normally duoed or trioed as most are normally failrly skillless to be honest.

and now they get Warguard OMFG come on Mythic sort it out FFS what a fooked up game
Im going to be short, lol

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Alot of assassins should start making templates
Some SB's esp have really bad resists, mostly to spirit but even to slash :eek7:

I should never get damage like this on an assassin as a ranger
ffs, SB's should at least cap slash
its unforgivable given this guys RR
worst thing is they will come here and whine that rangers are OP'ed

WRONG.JPG

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Aiteal said:
Alot of assassins should start making templates
Some SB's esp have really bad resists, mostly to spirit but even to slash :eek7:

I should never get damage like this on an assassin as a ranger
ffs, SB's should at least cap slash
its unforgivable given this guys RR
worst thing is they will come here and whine that rangers are OP'ed

WRONG.JPG

+5 resist o_O

pip

Banned
Well price of mp stuff gone up due to attemps on getting mp:( imo it is stupid the fail rates:twak: so alot of folk can't afford it,then the charge for the spellcrafting:( and if these hate pve its a drain to farm it in rvr, at low rr

ps... purity of attack, ftw have you got it ? as a stealther need this :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
capped slash was just 16% until this patch, now if a melee ranger had any resist that low, they didn't put much effort into their template.

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
Nuklear said:
Well yer its a QQ thread, but come on these Rangers got all the toys in the book

Just please remove IP from them how is a SB supposed to compete with a ranger somone please explain, even blowing malice in zepher, they will still IP

Most are normally duoed or trioed as most are normally failrly skillless to be honest.

and now they get Warguard OMFG come on Mythic sort it out FFS what a fooked up game

if you use malice in there zephyr they wont have warguard

gohan

FH is my second home
Cylian said:
capped slash was just 16% until this patch, now if a melee ranger had any resist that low, they didn't put much effort into their template.

well 21% if u factor in the 5% melee resist boost for 1 min on cl5 resist line

but ye still pretty gimped also when u look at the fact we had only 16% heat aswell not including racial

very fun

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
well 21% if u factor in the 5% melee resist boost for 1 min on cl5 resist line

but ye still pretty gimped also when u look at the fact we had only 16% heat aswell not including racial

very fun

11% actually if you don't count the racial resists.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe digged through some of my old screenies and found these :)

All screenshots are vs. lvl 50 buffed opponents, although with the scalars proc which results in damage like this :>

turncoat.JPG
zefs.JPG
shiella.JPG

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Cylian said:

That screenie was from yesterday
so I had what? +5% with slash against him?
No excuse for having slash resists that bad on a mid stealther

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Nuklear said:
if this is the case then perhaps its not a nerf class u are lookin for so much as a nerf having friends;)
lil bit sad if u r saying that the class mostly wins only by numbers but u wanna nerf it anyway so the few skilled individuals cant beat u either..:confused:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
lilmissnaughty said:
if this is the case then perhaps its not a nerf class u are lookin for so much as a nerf having friends;)
lil bit sad if u r saying that the class mostly wins only by numbers but u wanna nerf it anyway so the few skilled individuals cant beat u either..:confused:

don't think anyone has to be that skilled to be able to beat him. when he adds or groups up himself, then maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom