Meele Rangers Nerf Please

gohan

FH is my second home
Illudian said:
grapple stunned?
CB ftw :< so grapple dd dd then erm...... thats it \0/

an i find melee rangers alot harder than NS's tbh very rarely get owend by NS even when thier rr9-10 ect usally win or lose but they on 10% ect

with ranger im hitting for like 40 MH on some then switch to matter still hitting for only 90 or so then they IP an FZ an they win on like 60% :< tis very QQable

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
Havnt beaten a rr5+ ranger yet on my sb, allways a tool/ability that they use when im getting close, ip/fz. Then again im rr3 and no ml's, and no ph in temp yet so i dont bother much. Gladly give em my rp's, but when I pa a ranger for 90dmg mainh it made me laugh.No fun

cheers Vodkafairy for not doing the killing blow up on bridgetower, didnt stand a chance, and i shouldnt against a rr8, so 1 rep for u :). On my "dont add" list u crown on it as the only one after this.:drink:

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
The truth is simple tbh...

IF they go and give sojouner to assassins and warlord to archers (but even if they dont eventually)... some things must change to the way they used to be...Explaining :

Assassins must be given again the right to be the stealthiest class around...
This means that there should be a change (or even removal) of the MoS RA ability that will benefit assassins vs archers...or re-impliment the SeeHidden ra ability (slightly modified for smaller range). I believe that mincers shouldnt really have MoS as they r supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades but master of none.
Also...a change like that would mean that archer Camouflage ability should go on Stealth spec line (35 or 39 i think would be perfect), but drop the re-use timer to 3-5 mins. Also give something to make archers wanna spec higher in Bow lines and start killing some visuals...what they were designed to do that is.
So the average archer that will have lower melee capabilities can use timers such as warguard/ip/battler (and stuff like WH and PD/AoM) to raise to a good melee fighting standard keeping the thing that makes them unique...bow...a working bow too.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
archers dont need warlord, have whit valkyrie ml10 and its very powerfull tool.
even same time loose it from own hunter but when look ranger? nah, never to this class.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Craparoni said:
cheers Vodkafairy for not doing the killing blow up on bridgetower, didnt stand a chance, and i shouldnt against a rr8, so 1 rep for u :). On my "dont add" list u crown on it as the only one after this.:drink:

yw, its hard being low rr ;)

Gamah

Banned
Raven said:
i think mythic have given up listening to roglord americans :x they seem to take more of an interest in whats said here now

Oh really? Not seen any evidence of this..I am not flaming but I am generally interested in why you think that is the case?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
yes it is, you can't fire any arrows while grappled. or well, you can, but it says "You are being grappled and cannot attack" when the arrow releases.

:(

You can if you use Snapshot :flame:

Norvindus

Can't get enough of FH
Sanya Thomas said:
We'll leave the poll up over the weekend to be sure, of course, but in our experience we can extrapolate pretty well from the first day's results. People who liked the plan amounted to 34% of players. People who hated what we were proposing to give to other classes made up 14% of the vote. People who hated what we were going to give their class came to 10% of the total.

In other words, a third of the votes were in favor, but a fourth of the votes were against. It ain't worth pissing off one out of four people. But as I said, the poll will run the rest of the weekend.

On Harald.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I sure hope they nerf all those RR38 Rangers with high PD, AoM, EM, Purge3, IP3, MoPain5, Aug STR5, Aug DEX5, Toughness V rangers.

For the rest of the mortal rangers: If you're too clueless to learn what rangers are weak to by now, nerfing rangers isnt the solution, but start focussing on the weaknesses rangers have.

Its not thát hard to kill a ranger in the end, if ur an assassin.

Gamah

Banned
Puppet, are you telling me that a ranger with warguard would not be overpowered?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
someone give puppet an orbital Ion Cannon, rangers need more love :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
Puppet was rambo
That was kinda rude towards Puppet Xxcalibur...

Puppet may be an egghead, but he's not a bad player. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gamah said:
Puppet, are you telling me that a ranger with warguard would not be overpowered?
no more than a mincer with warguard and abs...

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Azathrim said:
That was kinda rude towards Puppet Xxcalibur...

Puppet may be an egghead, but he's not a bad player. :)

he is judas, now is my main enemy after my /fh agro list players :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:

Compared to what ? Majority of damage dealt to my ranger in stealthfights isnt melee-damage anyhow. Its first hit, enervating -400HP. Lifebane.. tick tick atleast 300damage.. Malice-proc... another -300 HP. DoTmine, another -500HP.

Melee-damage from an assassin isnt really whats killing me, if it is, its time I should start using artifact. I dunno if it would be all that OP tbh, I would loose Forceful Zephyr, which is a major complaint from assassins towards archers aswell. On the other hand, assassins would gain this tool... And its not like Warguard isnt something new to the stealthworld, say hi to ur mincer for example :)

Azathrim said:
How would you know? Have you ever tried?

Yep, Im playing sometimes my mate his infiltrator, who's almost RR7 now. I didnt have all that much problem with equal RR rangers.

Cylian said:
someone give puppet an orbital Ion Cannon, rangers need more love :p

Is it love? I mean, all classes get new toys, its just staying inline, right ? Assassins would gain FZ, if they choose to do so. Or perhaps FZ isnt as powerful anymore, just u guys need smth to whine about ? Sojo sounds like the perfect tool for u whineboys, u can FZ someone away, then phaseshift and run off. Perfect for running away! Also an easy way to make a ranger blow all his toys and u simply get away without loosing. Come back 3 mins later and voilla free rps.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
How would you know? Have you ever tried?
By now he must know what his nemesis is. Poisons and legendary weapons can beat any ranger, fotm blade artifacts is not the way to fight a ranger, but sure /use2 on malice/battler, a better template based only on str and not dex is sweet to fight RR5 assasins, who can buy up to EM3 AoM5 or run around with 6 red resists all the time.
The real problem is not about rangers overperforming assasins at melee, problem is about archers not being the rp cows they were at past. Atm assasins must CHOSE what they will excel to fight, specialization and template, only this will lead you to fight rangers with no problem or to come here and QQ.
Hint:yes, to fight an enemy with 41%/28% vs slash wielding Malice+Champion weapon and roughly envenom spec to get enervation will lead to QQ threads almost as pointless as 50 bow archers QQing about shield tanks.

About warlord, yes it's stupid on any stealther class, I'd say it's close to spymaster with poison mine instadroped in combat, would be glad to get spymaster over sojo on ranger.

Gamah

Banned
Raven said:
no more than a mincer with warguard and abs...

Yeah except with better defence, and a higher dps..xD

And puppet, my minstrel may have warguard but its dps is a piss in a thunderstorm compared with what melee rangers do.

Lajsen

Fledgling Freddie
really doesnt matter what toys a ranger have as u always run around with ur toyboy anyways does it ?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Yeah except with better defence, and a higher dps..xD

And puppet, my minstrel may have warguard but its dps is a piss in a thunderstorm compared with what melee rangers do.

Melee rangers have squall and ice storm
Mincers have DD's, stun, mezz, can charm pets that can heal or nuke, climb walls and RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! very fast if it looks like they aint gonna win.

So a melee rangers utility is a drop in thunderstorm compared to a mincers.
But well, you can't have everything in virtual life.

Gamah

Banned
Aiteal said:
Melee rangers have squall and ice storm
Mincers have DD's, stun, mezz, can charm pets that can heal or nuke, climb walls and RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! very fast if it looks like they aint gonna win.

So a melee rangers utility is a drop in thunderstorm compared to a mincers.
But well, you can't have everything in virtual life.

all at the same time! xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom